Episode 1.0 - The Festival of Great Trade

load previous
Jun 29, 2015 11:42 pm
(OOC: Oh dear, this will probably hurt. Initiative slots are: NPC, PC, PC. Negotiate/plan among yourselves in the OOC thread or by PM to plan who goes first.)

The officer staggers out of melee range, firing has he heads down the corridor to the next docking bay. Many of his shots hit Valoris as he retreats, almost as-if the blow to his head was nothing. Snarling in victory, he says, "There won't be a 'next time' today, Valoris."

(OOC: Disorient 1/3, and he's still standing. Valoris takes 11 damage before soak, so take 6 wounds. Also, the officer has Adversary 1 so upgrade your difficulty against him once.)

Rolls

Initiative w/setback for surprise

1 Success, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Triumph

Attack: Ranged (Light)

6 Success, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 30, 2015 7:37 am
"Well, you have my attention. I'm going to enjoy this."

Khan throws the holdout into his belt while running towards the Imperial. With a leap to close the distance, Khan looks to shatter the officer's skull.

(I will recover 2 strain with the advantages.)
Last edited June 30, 2015 7:39 am

Rolls

Haymaker (brawl)

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 1, 2015 12:43 pm
Mado, moving at a respectable jog, enters the spaceport and peers into each hanger as he moves past them. So focused on finding a way out, he nearly stumbles into the brawl between the Imperial and two others. They are so focused on their confrontation that he manages to duck into the nearest docking bay and finds himself staring up at a ship, the ramp lowered and beckoning him to enter. The sounds of blaster fire coax him onward and he enters The Turtle without a second thought, looking for a quiet place to tuck himself away for the time being.
Jul 1, 2015 1:15 pm
Seven thinks to himself: I can't just let that Imperial gun down that guy in the street.

He draws his flashfire, points it at the Imperial and says, "Hey Buddy, don't you know the rules on Svivren? NO VIOLENCE!" pewpew

(OOC: I suck in combat, so I'm going to flip a destiny point)

Edit: (OOC: I'll spend the advantage to give Valoris a Boost on his next check.
Last edited July 1, 2015 1:18 pm

Rolls

Putting myself in danger for some guy I don't know (ranged light)

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jul 2, 2015 12:23 am
Returning from the sleeping quarters, in which he had just secured the stricken pilot, to the loading ramp, Wuc'vulog spies the Rodian ducking up the lowered ramp. Picking up a spanner from a tool rack, Wuc'vulog adopts a threatening posture and says: "Unless you're a pilot on the run from Imperial troops and looking for a quick job and a ride off this rock, you're about to get, umm, wrenched."

Rolls

Presence+Cool to seem competent at spanner combat

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Jul 2, 2015 2:27 am
"Now friend, there's no need for anyone to get wrenched. As it so happens, I am a pilot avoiding encounters with Imperial troops looking for a ride off this rock. The quick job, however, is a welcome bonus." Mado smiles, removes his hat and offers a quaint bow before replacing the hat on his head, "Mado Anyek at your service. Show me to the controls and tell me your destination. I trust you've got a way to avoid those orbital cannons? I'm a decent pilot, but I can't evade those beasts." My luck IS on the rise Mado thought to himself.
Jul 3, 2015 3:36 am
Yadda Yadda Yadda HAYMAKER PUNCH!

Rolls

brawl

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jul 3, 2015 3:41 pm
The officer is prepared for Valoris this time and as the blow lands he partially blocks it with his left arm. With his right arm the officer jabs his blaster right in Khan's gut. "You're getting old, Khan, in your prime a blow like that would have knocked me out," he sneered. Then a second voice snapped him out of his gloating. What was a Gank, of all beings, doing pointing a blaster at an Imperial officer? Then the blaster bolt slammed into him, and ended all thoughts of indignation.

With a pained grunt, the officer turned on his heel and sprinted away from both beings, away from the Turtle's bay. "Troopers, arrest them both!" He shouted to someone around the corner. Two white-clad stormtroopers appear around the bend at a run with their blasters leveled.

(OOC:

Initiative is now NPC (officer), PC, PC, NPC (troopers); Kenny, I forgot to mention that initiative is open with no fixed order in EotE, so discuss who goes first with Thrakazog.

Range Bands:

Short: Officer (very wounded; adversary +1 upgrade)
  Medium: 2x Stormtroopers (unharmed; will engage on their turn)
  Long: none?
Jul 3, 2015 3:54 pm
Seven looks at the Brawler and says, "Hey, you want to stand and fight against these troopers or do you have a way off this rock? I'm not feeling welcome anymore."
Jul 3, 2015 9:49 pm
Khan drops to one knee and lines up a shot with his holdout. He whispers under his breath the same battle cry he'd screamed so many times before.

For the Republic.

(Can I use destiny points? How do those work?)
Last edited July 3, 2015 9:50 pm

Rolls

Kill Him (using the boost from seven)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Advantage

Jul 3, 2015 10:49 pm
(OOC: You usually use a destiny point before your roll to upgrade the die pool. In your case this would swap 1 green die for a yellow. I wonder why I didn't think of this before, but I think you need to read these pages of the free Under a Black Sun adventure: 4 - 10 for dice pool and basic mechanics, and 12 for destiny points; any of the first 12 pages are highly relevant. Since you don't own the core rulebook, or didn't last I checked, please read those pages, edit your post and add a new roll with the destiny point [should you choose to spend it].)
Jul 3, 2015 11:03 pm
(Thanks. That helps a lot. I'll be doing that.)

Khan drops to one knee and lines up a shot with his holdout. He whispers under his breath the same battle cry he'd screamed so many times before.

For the Republic.

(Edit: Just to clarify, I'm trying to kill the officer before he gets away.)

Setback die for both of the troopers as they see I'm one of them. (2 advantages)
Last edited July 6, 2015 7:04 pm

Rolls

Take the Shot

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 6, 2015 2:08 pm
Seven looks at Valoris -- "Hey Buddy! Those are Imperial Stormtroopers and they probably have friends close by. We have to get out of here! Do you have a ship?'
Last edited July 6, 2015 2:08 pm
Jul 7, 2015 12:12 am
Khan's blaster bolt strikes the officer in the between his shoulder blades. With a cry he pitches forward and collapses at the feet of the advancing troopers. Smoke slowly rises from the back of his uniform as he lies still on the hard duracrete floor.

(OOC: Still your turn Thrakazog. I figured it'd be good to resolve the damage on the officer.)
Jul 7, 2015 3:03 am
(OOC: sorry. Thought I was waiting for the troopers to go. )

Seven hops into a nearby load lifter and attempts to overload its power cells and aims it in the direction of the troopers and sets it going and dives out the other side. (OOC: I'm going to assume that I need to take some strain for a second maneuver)

Rolls

Overloading power cells (Mech)

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Jul 7, 2015 10:21 pm
(OOC: Not a problem. Also, I consider the movement to consist of 1 maneuver.)

The load lifter careens down the corridor and lists to its left side as its internal repulsor lifts begin to short out. It slams into the leftmost trooper just as it explodes, showering the other trooper with debris even as he's slammed against the wall. He moans, and you can just hear the comlink activate from that range.

"Send reinforcements to bay Besh 11. A rebel human and gank have killed TK-32201 and LR-893."

The trooper then crawls to his blaster and fires at Seven.

(OOC: Hit, total 10 damage; you take 6 wounds. I'm going to rule that this trooper is incapacitated and cannot pursue if you book it down the corridor. Just don't forget to take the good doctor with you.)

Rolls

Ranged (Heavy)

3 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success

Jul 8, 2015 5:17 am
Khan grabs the doctor, his lockbox, and sprints down the corridor. He shouts back to the Gank, "We best get moving friend, follow me!"
Jul 8, 2015 4:40 pm
Seven holds his side where the Stormtroopers blaster fire hit and takes off in a run after Khan.
"I'm right behind you! Lead the way!"
Jul 10, 2015 1:10 am
Valoris, Seven, and Doctor Eliasan sprint down the corridor for a short distance, before reaching the Turtle's docking bay. No stormtroopers are in sight at the moment.

(OOC: At last, one unified party!)
Jul 11, 2015 1:44 am
Hearing the commotion, Wuc'vulog tries to keep an eye on his new 'pilot' and waves on Khan excitedly while readying to raise the ramp.
load next

Thread locked