Episode 1.0 - The Festival of Great Trade

load previous
Jul 18, 2015 1:57 am
OOC:

I think it's hilarious that the stormtroopers are better at handling surprise, rather than a reasoned attack. Maybe that's the cause of the "stormtrooper effect"?

Initiative Slots:

PC
PC
PC
PC
NPC

Make sure to discuss initiative slots in the OOC thread. It might make sense for Khan to make his turn last, so the others can clear a path before he's gunned down.

Rolls

NPC initiative

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Jul 20, 2015 4:17 pm
Wuc'vulog triggers the comlink with his thumb: "Firing ventral turret!" and then picks the stormtrooper in the middle of the group for his attention. Gritting his teeth, he fires.

Rolls

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 21, 2015 1:24 am
Wuc'vulog's first shot was dead accurate, which struck the first trooper in his chest. That trooper was knocked off his feet and didn't stir once. The two other troopers scattered and were just as quickly cut down.

Meanwhile, the stormtrooper sergeant finishes unslinging his light repeating blaster and takes cover from Wuc'vulog's devastating fire.

(OOC: Next! Assume the sergeant has near total cover from the ventral turret (3 black) but only minor cover from the loading ramp and Pepra's position (1 black))
Jul 24, 2015 5:47 pm
Seven crouches down to try to get a good shot off at the Sergeant, take a steady aim and fires.

Edit: Looks like a wash. I'd like to use the triumph to upgrade the difficulty on the Sergeant's next check. Maybe my shot hit whatever he is hiding behind and some debris is obscuring his vision.
Last edited July 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Rolls

Pew Pew Pew @ the Sergeant

1 Success, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat, 1 Triumph

Jul 24, 2015 8:00 pm
Khan charges down the ramp towards Pepra, unloading his rifle at the Imperial Sargent.

Two strain for the extra move to get to Pepra and shooting.

Rolls

Ima Firin' Mah Lazorz! (Heavy)

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure

Jul 25, 2015 8:53 pm
The stormtrooper sergeant hunkers down behind the crates and shifts out of the incoming fire. He is pinned completely, but spots his opportunity to shoot Valoris. The sergeant takes his time and aims carefully before unloading with his light repeater. Blast after blast hits the clone trooper, crippling his left arm, till the damage is so great that he drops unconscious.

(OOC: Yow! 15 damage vs 5 soak (-1 for pierce) is 11 wounds for Khan. He is now at 17 wounds and is incapacitated, plus takes a critical hit. Khan's left arm is now crippled until the wound is successfully healed (by Wuc'vulog or Eliasan) or replaced (by cybernetics)...)

Rolls

Ranged (Heavy)

4 Success

Total: 4 Success

Critical Hit - (1d100)

(99) = 99

Jul 26, 2015 2:23 am
"He's ducked behind those crates, I'll wait for his head to pop up and then... frag that, duck!" Wuc'vulog squeezes his whole body against the turrent and aims at the center of the sergeant's cover.
Taking strain for two maneuvers: Brace and Aim.

Rolls

Gunnery

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Jul 26, 2015 11:31 am
Fiery death pours from the Turtle's ventral turret and obliterates the crates and the storm trooper sergeant. By the time the smoke clears, nothing else is visible save a heavily charred corpse and wrecked, shouldering crates. The air is acrid with smoke from whatever was in those crates.

(OOC: combat ends, the party is victorious!)
Jul 28, 2015 3:36 am
Gasping for breath, Khan crawls forward towards Pepra's unconscious body. As he reaches the man he whispers reassuringly, "Don't worry brother. I've got you." The second the words leave his mouth, he passes out from his own wounds with a curse.
Jul 28, 2015 3:45 pm
"Clean up in aisle 3. The STs are down, go get our people," Wuc'vulog says into the comlink.
Jul 28, 2015 3:52 pm
Mado continues entering the engine ignition codes and preparing the ship for takeoff. He clicks on the com and says, "ten" He wouldn't leave with out them, he wasn't that kind of Rodian. But, he thought it was good to remind them that they were on the clock and that the longer they delayed the more trouble they'd have getting into the sky and getting out of orbit.
Jul 28, 2015 4:49 pm
Seven rushes down the ramp and picks up Khan carefully, hoping not to injure him further. He looks at Calista and says, "I've got him, you grab the other guy. I'm sure every trooper for a parsec heard that and will be hear soon."
Jul 29, 2015 7:51 pm
"I got Pepra!" Callista yells as she drags the unconscious body to the deck, "Let's get outta here before their friends come looking."
Aug 2, 2015 1:44 pm
Seven closes the ramp behind him and shouts: "Mado, we're back on the ship. Kindly get us the hell out of here!"
Aug 3, 2015 7:44 pm
"Buckle up." Mado relays over the comms before entering the final launch codes and starting to broadcast the signal code Seven gave him for avoiding the attention of the orbital cannons.
Aug 4, 2015 12:17 pm
The automated launch systems at the space port control center grant authorization for the Turtle to launch. The hangar doors retract to reveal open sky, and the occasional tie fighter zipping by. No storm troopers have appeared in the bay yet, though it's only a matter of time.
Aug 5, 2015 4:15 am
Wuc'vulog thumbs the com link once more. "Alright, every body, let's try and get out of here without any more excitement. Mabo, fly like you're bored or something." He leans back in his turret and rolls it into a casual looking orientation, folds his hands back behind his head and under his lekku.
Aug 7, 2015 11:21 pm
Seven puts Khan down on a cot and straps him in. "Hey, does anyone have a medkit...and know how to use it?"
Aug 8, 2015 1:09 am
Dr Eliasan walks into the room behind Seven, clearly struggling to carry her traveling case. It was large and unwieldy, not heavy. She set it down at the foot of the cot with a thunk.

"Yes, I believe I have something better than a medkit here. I'm not merely a researcher, but a doctor as well." She knelt by her case and unlocked it. With a hiss and a puff of evaporating nitrogen, she quickly withdrew a familiar looking bacta applicator and something that didn't look at all like bacta. "Assuming that we don't have any Imperial trouble before we jump, I'll could use some help if anyone else is medically trained. That arm worries me."

Thinking better of using the applicator first, she set it aside and went to an external compartment on the case. With a tap to an external latch, the outside of the case opened to reveal a small medical kit. She withdrew a stimpack and stuck it in her pocket. Eliasan removed Khan's helmet and moved the neckguard aside before she injected him with the stimpack.

She leaned over him and slapped his cheeks gently, saying, "Valoris! Are you still with me?"

(OOC: A stimpack restores 5 wounds, so Valoris is now under his wound threshold [at 12 wounds] and may regain consciousness.)
Aug 8, 2015 3:22 am
Valoris reaches up and squeezes her hand. As he regains his senses, he smiles at the doctor.

"Never left Doc. This is nothing compared to Utapau."

Khan moves her hand across his chest directly over his heart. A massive scar remains from where he was shot dead for several minutes.

"I'll be alright. Just get my arm fixed so I don't have to fire my rifle one handed."
load next

Thread locked