Heritage :Crysmal HP: 5/5Armor

Just quote this to see the the code
Jan 13, 2024 3:32 am
Pybermagi did it better then I.
Use his :P
Last edited January 13, 2024 3:35 am
Jan 13, 2024 3:36 am
Thanks!

My sheet should be publicly viewable. You should be able to see it from the "Character" menu in the bottom toolbar. (I wish everyone made their sheets viewable!)
Last edited January 13, 2024 3:37 am
Jan 13, 2024 3:39 am
I did not know you could see those down there. WOW.
Thank you!
Jan 13, 2024 3:39 am
@Psybermagi
In Tinychat you said
Quote:
Encounters are 1 XP each. Though I occasionally give a bonus XP or if encounters or challenges are trivial will require multiple for a single XP. As I start characters in my game below where the system actually does I give 10 XP for the intro then am generous for the next 8 to catch up with the Tiny Dungeon base level.
I don't have that I have received in XP yet. Should I have?
What are the rules for what you can do with XP?
Jan 13, 2024 4:39 am
As Ishzu finished his intro/tutorial he can add a trait or weapon proficiency/mastery. If you plan to stay focused on your mental abilities then you could take something like Healer(always in need), Familiar, Beast Speech, etc
Jan 13, 2024 4:27 pm
Do I get 1 Trait / Weapon Proficiency /Mastery and 10xp?
Or do I get 1 Trait at the cost of the 10xp?

I was thinking of taking one of the following:. Reflavoring them as Psionic abilities.
Dark-fghter: Who needs eyes, when I have all the other senses? You do not sufer Disadvantage for having your sight impaired.

Healer: I’ve seen worse, son. You’ll pull through. As an Action, you can Test 2d6 to heal a creature other than yourself. If the Test is successful, the target creature is healed for 2 Hit Points. Tis Trait can also be used to cure poison, disease, and other physical ailments that are nonmagical. You must be next to the creature to heal it.

CRYSTAL MAGIC uses the power of the mystical to influence emotions, feelings, and thoughts.
Communicate: You may communicate via distances to any being you are aware of. If they are within sight, this does not require a Test. If they are not within sight, you must Test successfully. If they are further than 100 miles away, you must Test with Disadvantage.
Pacify: Test to quell the negative emotions in a target. If successful, you gain Advantage on your next roll against that Target.
Timeview: Test. If successful, gain one detail about the history of an object or location you can touch or see. You can only do this once per item.
Unsettle: Test with Disadvantage. If you are successful, one enemy suffers Disadvantage on all Tests until the start of your next turn.

DIAMOND MAGIC uses the power of the frozen storms andthe arcane vortex to unlock chilling powers.
Bone Chill: Make an Attack Test. If successful, the target takes 1 damage, and Disadvantage on their next Test.
Coldsnap: Make an Attack Test. If successful everything within 10 feet (Near Zone) suffers 1 damage.
Blood Freeze: Make a Test. You may cause one inanimate object that is about half your size or smaller to shatter and break.
Glacial Mind: Make a Test. You cause one target to lose an action on their next Turn.
Last edited January 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Jan 13, 2024 5:25 pm
It's Psybermagi's decision, but I have already advocated somewhere else in this game's discussions for reflavoring the magic disciplines for psionics.

As a counter-point, there is some add-on material that reflavors and adjusts them to directly be psionic. I can go look those up, if everyone is interested ...
Jan 13, 2024 5:28 pm
I would not be opposed to seeing some descriptions of traits/proficiencies/flavor options somewhere in the reference or character creation spaces.
Jan 13, 2024 5:36 pm
daryen says:
As a counter-point, there is some add-on material that reflavors and adjusts them to directly be psionic. I can go look those up, if everyone is interested ...
@daryen
I would be interested, for sure.
Jan 13, 2024 6:44 pm
Quote:
Do I get 1 Trait / Weapon Proficiency /Mastery and 10xp? Or do I get 1 Trait at the cost of the 10xp?
After the Intro session I give everyone 10XP and have them select either a trait or proficiency or mastery (weapon or armor)

Healer and Dark-fighter are fine
No Crystal or Diamond magic at this time. Those are prestige traits which can only be taken once you have gained at least 2 more traits or proficiencies.

Psionics comes from the The Crystal Mines setting in the tiny dungeon setting
Quote:
The Psionic Trait mechanics are similar to those of the Spell-
Touched Trait, letting you do small psychic feats with no
effort—telepathy, simple telekinesis, etc. More powerful effects
are accomplished by the use of the standard Test—mind blasts,
stronger telekinesis, pyrokinesis, etc. As with the Spell-Touched
Trait, the Game Master has always the final say on what and
how much can you do with this trait.
Jan 15, 2024 3:50 pm
Adjusted racial trait to go in line with new armor traits and bumped your HP back up to 6 for balance
Jan 17, 2024 1:10 am
Sounds good.
I think I am going to take the Healers Trait.
Should I add it now, or wait until this fight is over?
Jan 17, 2024 1:54 am
You finished the intro and normally that would have a break in betweek that and the next adventure. Since there wasn't I see no reason you can not have a portion of your power present itself under durress. Add it now and you can use it next round :) Have fun and remember "Never be not affraid!"
Jan 17, 2024 2:26 am
... so, "Be afraid?"
Jan 21, 2024 12:25 am
Since I took Healer, I should not have picked a Weapon Mastery yet, correct?

Also, I love the God Trait you gave me. It is nice. (Sarcasm)
[ +- ] God
I will remove God Later Just wanted a laugh
Last edited January 21, 2024 12:29 am
Jan 26, 2024 12:05 am
In my inventory, I had rations and oil listed. How many rations would I have, and how much oil?
I don't need to eat the rations, but I keep some on hand in case I find someone who does need food.
Jan 26, 2024 12:08 am
Smiley says:
Since I took Healer, I should not have picked a Weapon Mastery yet, correct?

Also, I love the God Trait you gave me. It is nice. (Sarcasm)
[ +- ] God
Ha!
Jan 26, 2024 1:52 am
Going to Novice gets you a trait or mastery going to Veteran gets you the other one, and you start gaining XP. It looks like you are now Veteran, so, yes, you get to pick your mastery weapon.
Jan 26, 2024 2:04 am
I want to make sure I have this correct.
My Heritage is
# Crysmal
4-6' 5hp 20move Crystal Armor
#Crystal Armor (heritage)
You have 1 bonus Hit Point that recovers 1 hour after you were last damaged. If you wear other armor you loose these benefits.

The two Traits I picked at start were
# Crystalized Life
You do not need to Eat, Drink or Sleep. 6 hours of Stasis fully heals you.
# Psionic
Your mental power extents to telepathic and telekinetic manipulation. This includes the ability to perform Telepathic communication, detect life/thought, and move objects with you mind.
To use this ability, simply describe in detail what you are trying to do, and perform a standard 2d6 Test. If you are trying to manipulate an object, you must have eye contact with it. The GM has final say if something falls into the Psionic ability.
You can also perform a simple Ranged, mental or telekinetic, attacks. This is treated just like any other Ranged attack in Combat and requires an Action and a successful 2d6 Test
+ Psychic sensitivity to mental and spiritual forces
+ Telepathic communication : willing individuals
+ Telekinesis : tiny objects
Roll to do the following
+ Psychic sensitivity : detect nearby minds
+ Empathy : you feel strong emotions
+ Telepathic or Telekinetic Blast : attack
+ Telepathic suggestion : plant minor ideas or sensory input
+ Telekinetic Push : move small items, trip someone, etc

When I finished the intro I received.
#Healer
I’ve seen worse, son. You’ll pull through. As an Action, you can Test 2d6 to heal a creature other than yourself. If the Test is successful, the target creature is healed for 2 Hit Points. Tis Trait can also be used to cure poison, disease, and other physical ailments that are nonmagical. You must be next to the creature to heal it.

Now that I am a Veteran I get a Weapon Mastery.
I would choose my Staff.
Does Weapon Mastery just make it so I can always attack with advantage (Unless told otherwise)?
Last edited January 26, 2024 2:05 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.