Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
May 8, 2024 8:07 am
GameMaster says:
I can do that! If we could head back now, that would be great
If there aren't any objections, lets skip to when we are back to town so GameMaster can make their exit (a week late:).

The ritual bubble keeps you safe on the trip, but you all can narrate anything that happened, on the trip or afterwards, or if you do not go to the town, or whatever incidental things happen.
May 9, 2024 2:52 am
Seeing as one player is stepping out, is anyone opposed to bringing in another? I have a friend who's pretty new to Gamer's Plane and might be interested in joining. I can vouch for her character & writing skills. :-P
May 9, 2024 3:41 am
If she writes 10% as good as you ... Still an asset 😉.
Everybody welcome in my opinion!
May 9, 2024 10:21 am
karabooo says:
... bringing in another? I have a friend who's pretty ...
By all means, bring them in.
May 9, 2024 10:30 am
vagueGM says:
karabooo says:
... bringing in another? I have a friend who's pretty ...
By all means, bring them in.
I see what you did there!
May 9, 2024 10:41 am
lol! Well, for what it’s worth, she’s pretty pretty, too, imo. ;) Keep an eye out for Quietpanther.

I am grateful for how fun and supportive you all have been. Thank you. I really appreciate this group!
May 9, 2024 10:59 am
karabooo says:
... she’s pretty pretty, too, imo. ...
We don't mind, either way. :)
karabooo says:
... Keep an eye out for Quietpanther ...
I assume they were 'invited' to the Tiny Shattered Lands game. Do you want them to see the process of requesting to join a game, here? Or do you want me to invite them, or to reach out and teach the RTJ process?
karabooo says:
... I am grateful for how fun and supportive you all have been. ...
Thank you. That was a large part of why I started these games. I saw a lot of people arrive, new to PbP and excited to join, and then not find any games that they get get into (having to wait a week or two before seeing any action on a new account can put people off). This site ended up being active enough that there are usually new games all the time, so this has not proved as necessary here as on other sites.

We obviously also want to be friendly to the new ones. It can be hard to learn new systems as well as the whole new paradigm of Play by Post at the same time, and being friendly just makes it more pleasant for both sides. :)
May 9, 2024 6:20 pm
vagueGM says:
Do you want them to see the process of requesting to join a game, here? Or do you want me to invite them, or to reach out and teach the RTJ process?
I shared the forum link with her. She is gonna hit "Join Game." After that, she might need a little assistance going through the process?
May 9, 2024 6:24 pm
karabooo says:
... I shared the forum link with her. She is gonna hit "Join Game." ...
Cool. Maybe drop us a note here, I forget if this site sends notifications about requests to join.
karabooo says:
... After that, she might need a little assistance going through the process? ...
Of course. If I am not around, the others are always helpful as well.
May 9, 2024 6:35 pm
Ok. She said she clicked the button a few minutes ago...
May 9, 2024 6:43 pm
karabooo says:
Ok. She said she clicked the button a few minutes ago...
Accepted. I did not get any notification about the RTJ (there is a marker on the front page, but that is slow to load, so people don't check it that much).
May 10, 2024 6:46 pm
Ha! I don’t know if our good cleric is correct in his assessment, but if so, Ezmaray is quite oblivious of it at this point.
May 10, 2024 8:48 pm
If I remember correctly we get 150 silver, but trip would cost us 150 silver too. Food,sleep,gear, cart repair.
May 10, 2024 8:49 pm
So wait... you're only breaking even??
May 10, 2024 8:51 pm
The goal was to get to Necusle, so we found a job that could cover the costs. I'll try to look up the details. 🙄
May 10, 2024 8:55 pm
https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/31139/?page=4

da real url

about the 150 silver
Last edited May 10, 2024 8:58 pm
May 10, 2024 9:06 pm
da real real urls:

Payment and deal: 150 for the three parcels.
Costs for the trip: 10 silver per week for carriage-horse food, two week trip = 20 silver. Then inns and road-side taverns which Humphrey will 'get you a good deal on, trust him, he will handle the money and tell you what it costs'.

With both Ezme and a new druid, you may find that you don't need (or want Humphrey) and can better make your way there on foot. But carrying one of those parcels was a challenge.

If we want to have an outdoors-travel adventure, we can come up with a reason to lose Humphrey, as well as a better way to carry those parcels.
May 10, 2024 9:08 pm
Didn't we also need him to lead the way?

We can also just ask for directions of course.
May 10, 2024 9:09 pm
Airshark says:
We can find another way. If we want.
May 10, 2024 9:11 pm
vagueGM says:
Airshark says:
We can find another way. If we want.
But will that way also lead us there ?🤔

😁
Last edited May 10, 2024 9:11 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.