Save - (1d20-1-2d6h1)

(5) - (31) - 1 = 1

Attack with Ice Shard - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Damage - (3d6)

(364) = 13

Aug 5, 2024 1:59 pm
Fast turn.
Attacking the closer flock -- flock 3 -- with his pistol.
OOC:
Edit: Or not.
Last edited August 5, 2024 2:00 pm

Rolls

Attack (Pistol) - (1d20+2+1d6)

(1) + (1) + 2 = 4

Damage - (4d6)

(6423) = 15

Aug 5, 2024 4:53 pm
The bolt thrower whirrs once again before letting loose another shot through the afflicted flock that was incessantly pecking at shadow. Lorenzo's eyes darted around the chaos of the battlefield, watching as these plagued hordes persevered against an onslaught of paladins. He wondered how many travelers these birds could actually have managed to kill. That wouldn't do. His right hand grasped the chain whip at his waist, allowing it to unfurl. As the copper links clinked upon the ground, sparks of electricity began to crackle. The priest's powerful prayer and the sparking electricity were in sync. With great speed, the electrified chain whip sliced through the air and into the horde.
[ +- ] Electrified Chain | Technomancy | Attack | Rank 1 | Castings: 2 | Target/Area | 1 minute
OOC:
Last round's bolt thrower attack and then fast turn. Lorenzo uses his action to cast Electrified Chain and attack with it. Triggered action for prayer. Lorenzo will expend 1 casting of Unfailing Tracker for Divine Smite.
Last edited August 5, 2024 5:00 pm

Rolls

Bolt Thrower - Attack - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Electrified Chain Whip - Attack - (1d20+3+1d6)

(10) + (4) + 3 = 17

Bolt Thrower - Damage - (2d6)

(52) = 7

Electrified Chain Whip - Damage - (1d3+2d6+1d6)

(3) + (11) + (5) = 10

Divine Smite on Whip - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Aug 7, 2024 12:55 pm
Round 2 - End of the Round

Lorenzo's bolt thrower hits the nearest flock while the flock around Caranthir pester him to no avail! (3 damage, I've already added it to your sheet).

Round 3 - Player Fast Turn

Sigrid slams into the flock near her, shredding apart more birds. Lorenzo summons an electrified chain whip and buzzes through the flock! With fewer birds, they cannot hurt you as much! But they are still crazed and still flying about clawing and pecking! Hugh's gunshot misses with a string of bad luck.

Round 3 - Enemy Fast Turn

The flocks, continuing their assault on Caranthir, peck and scratch as best they can! Fortunately he is protected behind his armor! The other flock swarms at Shadow, but fortunately the thinner numbers means they are not as effective. She is still getting pecked, however! (3 damage, I've added it to your sheet).

Round 3 - Player Slow Turn

Caranthir's ice shard flies into the flock, killing several birds and thinning out the herd. With fewer birds, they have a reduced impact. Fachtna and Shadow both miss.

Enemy Status:
Flock 1: Destroyed
Flock 2: 17 damage (Injured! Damage reduced to 1d3)
Flock 3: 16 damage (Injured! Damage reduced to 1d3)

Rolls

Damage to Caranthir for failed save - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Flock 2 vs Caranthir (1 boon) - (d20+3+d16, 1d6)

d20+3+d16 : (3) + (11) + 3 = 17

1d6 : (1) = 1

Flock 3 vs Shadow (1 boon) - (1d20+3+1d6, 1d3)

1d20+3+1d6 : (13) + (3) + 3 = 19

1d3 : (3) = 3

Shadow: Agility attack - Damage - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Shadow: Hand Crossbow Attack - Damage - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Secret Roll

Aug 7, 2024 2:27 pm
OOC:
I thought I went early and posted in the 2nd round twice?
Aug 7, 2024 3:14 pm
OOC:
You did, but all you did was post a strength roll, and then made a vague description, so I'm not actually sure what you meant to do. What that roll supposed to be a staff attack roll? Or was it the strength challenge roll for the end of the round?

"Fachtna rushes to the nearby flock of unholy fowl and makes a flurry of swipes in their general direction. He would say a battle cry of some kind, but doesn't want to open and opportunity for a bird to poop in his mouth."
Aug 7, 2024 9:18 pm
OOC:
Yes it was an attack roll. Because we defeated the first group of skelegulls I didn't think I needed a Str challenge roll but I can add one if you need it.
Aug 8, 2024 2:43 am
OOC:
Naw, you're good! Thanks for the clarification! I've updated my previous post to include Fachtna and Shadow.
Round 3 - End of the Round

The Bolt Thrower fires another bolt! Sigrid and Caranthir are affeced by the flock's constant barrage.
OOC:
Make an agility challenge roll with two banes or take 1d6 damage and be Slowed.
Round 4 - Beginning of the Round
OOC:
Everyone is up! Now that we are getting used to how fast and slow turns work, I'd like everyone to make a post regardless if they go on fast or slow turn. Please declare which turn you're going on and make a post whether it is fast or slow. I will organize them properly. This method of posting will increase the speed of the game, and it is normally how I run my games.
Aug 8, 2024 2:59 am
Saving throw

Rolls

Agility - (1d20-2-2d6h1)

(5) - (26) - 2 = -3

Aug 8, 2024 8:07 am
Sigrid avoids the birds as she attacks again.
OOC:
Fast turn, attack injured swarm. I think a 12 will miss unless I get a prayer boon, correct @Bookrat ?
Last edited August 8, 2024 8:08 am

Rolls

Agility - (d20-2d6h1)

(20) - (45) = 15

Attack - (d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Aug 8, 2024 8:52 am
Caranthir found a bit of gratitude at that when he remembered the magic armor never got dirty. Then consumed by the thrill he blasted another shot of ice into the flock of Z-gulls. He hadn't budged, not even to dodge. It seemed to be working alright.

He took a moment to check out Sigrid, in fact he hadn't really stopped for longer than a few seconds to aim a shot. He just stood there in the maelstrom of undeath smiling, like an idiot. "How do you manage that?" He asked her pointedly fawning over her. "You look so powerful, fierce, enormous! I wish to show you." He then proceeded to angle a shard of ice, drawing its crystalline surfaces flat and compacting them into a dense oblate sheet which served as a looking glass. Once again perfectly calm, he was relaxed again and completely safe. She was on his side.

He was exceedingly grateful.
Last edited August 8, 2024 9:06 am

Rolls

Will - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Damage - (3d6)

(165) = 12

Aug 8, 2024 2:11 pm
OOC:
Slow turn.
Hugh will again move to keep his distance from the disgusting birds, reloading his pistol in the saddle as he keeps a wary eye on the remains of... the remains.
Aug 8, 2024 8:05 pm
Dmbrainiac says:
Sigrid avoids the birds as she attacks again.
OOC:
Fast turn, attack injured swarm. I think a 12 will miss unless I get a prayer boon, correct @Bookrat ?
Correct!
Aug 8, 2024 8:16 pm
With an onslaught fueled by technomancy and faith, Lorenzo continues trying to disperse the wretched birds. He prayed for the safety of his allies, considering them fortunate to be immune to whatever filth these hordes carried with them.
OOC:
Bolt thrower shot from round end. Fast turn. Lorenzo attacks the flock once again with his electrified whip as an action. Triggered action goes to Prayer for Sigrid if she's within range. If she's not, then it will go to his own attack.
Edit: Attack roll was 20. If it beats their defense by 5, then they are now dazed for 1 round. I also rolled the Divine Strike damage to be applied to either Sigrid's or Lorenzo's attack, whichever received the Prayer boon.
Last edited August 8, 2024 8:19 pm

Rolls

(2) + 3 = 5

Electrified Chain Whip - Attack - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Prayer Boon - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Electrified Chain Whip - Damage - (1d3+2d6)

(1) + (52) = 8

Divine Strike - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Aug 9, 2024 12:16 am
Feeling slightly embarrassed that these undead birds were causing such problems, Fachtna swings his staff in the hopes of finally driving them away or back to the grave again.

Rolls

Staff - Attack - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Staff - Damage - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Aug 11, 2024 1:03 am
OOC:
Fast Turn
With not many options available to her, Shadow swung her scimitar at the flock once more.
OOC:
Sorry gang, Work, kids home for summer holidays, vacation activities, court, a new job... I've just been swamped... I should be good for now

Rolls

Attack with Scimitar (Trickery = +1 Boon) - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Damage - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Extra Damage (+1d6 Trickery/+1d6 Dirty Trick) - (2d6)

(23) = 5

Aug 11, 2024 2:38 am
Round 3 - End of the Round

Poor Caranthir just cannot keep out of the avian assault, every moment they can the birds scratch and peck with their broken beaks and bone shards sticking out of wings.

Round 4....

Lorenzo, Fachtna, and Caranthir all continue the assault as Hugh reloads the pistol. Sigrid and Shadow are unable to land any effects wounds on the myriad of birds.

But it matters not - the flock seems to have had enough. As the electrical whips and ice shards fire into them, the two flocks begin to disperse and the spoiled seagulls take to the air to fly away.
OOC:
Anyone who has a triggered action available and is within reach of a flock may make one Free Attack on them as they fly away. Anyone with a ranged attack may make a normal attack. After that, the birds will be gone, left to the wind (except for Lorenzo's tracking spell).
Aug 11, 2024 4:56 am
"Flee not you undead avian menace!" Fachtna takes a departing swipe at the flock nearest him.

Rolls

Staff - Attack - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Staff - Damage - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Aug 12, 2024 12:54 am
Lorenzo's chain whip rattles along the ground as the flock flees, unable to spring into another attack in time. However, the turret has already wound itself up again. With one last attempt, the priest points up at the birds and signals for the bolt thrower to fire.

Rolls

(19) + 3 = 22

Bolt Thrower - Damage - (3d6)

(644) = 14

Aug 12, 2024 10:29 am
Sigrid slices at the fleeing birds.

Rolls

Free Attack - (d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.