1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

load previous
Mar 9, 2015 1:05 am
Merlin says:
Darazen is examine panel 1, the one everyone else was looking at.

If first check succeeded he'll move onto next color down.

He'll also scan the panel. (Ooc: do u roll for that?)
Yes, you roll for that. You have to beat its level and for every level above, I can give you more details.

The panels symbols look alien to you. You are scratching your head, trying to make heads or tales out of the glyphs when you spot one in Vult's book. Maybe if you two worked together..... *hisssssssssss*.
Mar 9, 2015 1:09 am
Objulen says:
Vult clutches his head and tries to orient himself.
Whatever is affecting you, it is making it harder to concentrate, to focusssssssssssss....

Maybe, if you had help, one or the other of you could figure thissssssssss......
Mar 9, 2015 1:12 am
Tara and Utazó: You turn and look into the room. You friends are staggering about, stumbling, fumbling. A couple look like they are having trouble breathing. On this side, you hear nothing....

(Speed check)
Mar 9, 2015 1:32 am
I didn't think we could see into the room...

"What are they doing in there?"

Rolls

Speed Check - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Mar 9, 2015 1:36 am
szemely says:
I didn't think we could see into the room...

"What are they doing in there?"
There is a transparent panel in the door.
Mar 9, 2015 1:43 am
"Is everyone else .... feeling this?" Vult stammers
Mar 9, 2015 3:49 am
Merlin says:
Darazen does intellect check on light blue panel.
Ooc: this check was mentioned, 4:26pm on March 8. 18+training+book
Mar 9, 2015 3:52 am
Darazen searches his memory, while dodging.

Rolls

Speed check - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Intellect check - memory - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Mar 9, 2015 3:56 am
Darazen turns to Vult noticing symbols in the book. "Vult, you seem to have skills, let's work together."

Darazen tries to assist Vult with deciphering the panel while adding his training and his own book into the research.
Last edited March 9, 2015 4:12 pm

Rolls

Intellect with effort, training, book - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Mar 9, 2015 5:32 am
Tara to Utazo "Well, judging from the stumbling.. I'm glad I made it to this side of the door.. they all look drunk. I hope it's nothing too serious and they can figure out how to open this door. It was too strong for me to hold open"

Rolls

Speed - Specialized in Defense - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Mar 10, 2015 1:45 am
Vult has seen his ups and downs on these panels: 2 XP for tripping up on the panel and putting most of the party at risk. (Don't hate on Vult... any of you could have done that too)

The "attack" inside the room has not changed... it is a level 4(12) defense (if you spend effort, it is a level 3(9). If you succeeded, you are still taking damage, 1 point to each pool. If you failed, you take 2 points from each pool.

Tara and Utazó: Watch through the window as their friends struggle to keep standing. They are acting like they had too much ale. You are not sure what is affecting them. From behind them, a small beeping and clicking can be heard.

Khoren and Yui: Yui falls to her knees. She is sucking air... squeezing her eyes and trying to keep focus. Khoren turns to the portal. He is looking for some thing .... maybe a way out. He starts to fumble forward, towards the portal and then drops to one knee.

Darazen and Vult: Working together, Darazen and Vult find the right combination in their books and knowledge of ancient Numenera. Darazen does his best to focus his mind, his memory. The panel's dial was set about three quarters of the way. Vult seeing symbols in both books puts it together, A K M O S T H E B E .... no, A T M O S P H E R E. He sees a warning, "Do not to climb too high in the mountains where the air gets thin or suffer from lightheadedness and nausea. Do not descend too fast or suffer from cramps, bleeding and eternal sleep." As Darazen reaches for the panel, Vult grabs at it. "Slowly". Darazen gets it and slowly slides his finger from left to right, to the position he remembers.

It will take two minutes to "re-pressurize". Those inside the room will take one more point of damage from each pool as the air refills the room.
Tara and Utazó: What are you doing outside the room?

Khoren and Yui: It takes a minute to get your head and strength back. What are you doing for the next minute?

Darazen and Vult: You both know you must step up the gauge slowly. Between "steps", you have the chance to study the other sub-panels if you want.
Mar 10, 2015 2:04 am
Watching Yui and Khoren awkwardly stumble about, Utazó quickly grows concerned for those on the other side of the door. "Tara, I think they may need some help!" Utazó exclaims as she searches for any type of control that may open the door.

Rolls

Intellect Roll - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Mar 10, 2015 3:43 am
Unhappy at the damage he is taking Darazen focusses on the purple panel.

Rolls

Intellect - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Mar 10, 2015 10:17 am
"I agree, they don't look good.." Tara starts to search around the doorway for a control as well.

Rolls

Intellect - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 10, 2015 1:04 pm
Vult gasps as the pressure equalizes. "Why is everything so difficult..." he mutters, focusing back on the panel.

Rolls

looking back over the panel - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Mar 10, 2015 1:16 pm
As the poisoned air retreats, Khoren looks glumly at the window/screens. ~Air here ... poisonous. Smashed buildings ... death inhabitants. But someone ... lives here. Advantage over us.~

When he can move, he'll try to make his way to the door, and ensure Utazo and Tara are safe. Seeing them, he places his hand on the window and nods at them, breathing deeply of the returning air.
Last edited March 10, 2015 1:16 pm
Mar 10, 2015 4:22 pm
Sprawling on the ground, Yui thinks: What a stupid way to go...

She curls up into a ball, when she feels something tickling her throat. What's this...AIR!
Gulping it down, Yui shakily rises and waves at the others to let them know she's okay.
Mar 12, 2015 12:23 pm
Ooc: in case anyone is wondering, our favorite GM is sick at the moment, hence the silence. Hang on in there, he'll be back soon.
Mar 14, 2015 2:45 pm
Sorry for the delay. I hate being sick and normally, even with cold medicine and all, I can draw on a little focus. That was not the case. This thing knocked me down, stole my lunch money and left me in such a haze. I am back now and appreciate your patience.

The "attack" inside the room has lessened... it is a level 4(12) defense (if you spend effort, it is a level 3(9). If you succeeded, you are still taking damage, 0 point to each pool. If you failed, you take 1 points from each pool.

Tara and Utazó: Not able to watch any longer, knowing they have to help their friends, Tara and Utazó set out to do something. Utazó searchs the door for a hand hold, an edge, something that she can use to pry the door open and finds nothing. Tara looks around and sees two panels on this side of the door. With Utazó blocking the right panel, she starts punching things one the left one..."Surely something has to help my friends in there." She starts funbling on the orange subpanel, pressing it, she hears a buzz and nothing happens. In desperation, she hits it a few more times and finally hears a beep, the arrow rotates and a single symbol appears next to it, changing as a slight tick is heard.

Khoren and Yui: Yui curled up in a fetal position. She is sucking air, but it is coming easier now. Khoren breathing still labored but getting better, finds the strenght to stand. He makes is way to the door to check on Tara and Utazó and assure them they are doing okay. He sees them frantically working to get the door open.

Darazen and Vult: Both Darazen and Vult feeling frustrated at this panel try to focus on another subsection while bringing up the air pressure slowly. They focus on the next subpanel, but the last attack and preventing anyone from having lasting injuries seems to be interupting their focus.

It will take one more minute to "re-pressurize".
Tara and Utazó: What are you doing outside the room?

Khoren and Yui: What are you doing for the next minute?

Darazen and Vult: Stepping up the gauge, what else are you focusing on?
Mar 14, 2015 3:51 pm
Darazen continues to work with Vult to fathom out the mysteries of the panels and asserts more focus on the purple panel as air returns to his lungs...

(Ooc: ouch. Darazen isn't looking well at all. But nice intellect roll)
Last edited March 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Rolls

Speed - attempt to breathe - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Intellect with effort, training, book - (1d20)

(17) = 17

load next

Thread locked