1.5 - The Wyr River: Hunger strikes....

load previous
Apr 20, 2015 12:54 pm
Vult looks about...

Rolls

Perception + effort - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Apr 20, 2015 1:07 pm
Khoren, slightly alarmed by the beeping of the machines, is distracted nonetheless by the odors and sensation of the food.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Apr 20, 2015 9:34 pm
Utazó continues chowing down on her meal...

Rolls

Perception Roll - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Apr 20, 2015 11:20 pm
Darazen is observing the choices his companions make for food while silently chomping his own.

Rolls

Perception (with effort if int based) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Apr 21, 2015 4:29 am
Tara takes a bite of steak...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Apr 21, 2015 12:36 pm
Paul needs an extinguisher.
Apr 21, 2015 1:05 pm
Objulen says:
Paul needs an extinguisher.
Must be fixed.
Apr 25, 2015 11:38 pm
Tara continues to eat and drink.. as she is blind to all but the food in front of her. :D
Apr 26, 2015 3:32 am
Ooc: so what happens? I assume Kai isn't active.
Apr 26, 2015 4:58 am
Jim is up north right now.. Dunno when he'll gets back in town.
Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Jim is up north right now.. Dunno when he'll gets back in town.
Yes, Sorry... Real Life...work has had me swamped, putting together a kickstarter and then a quick trip to visit family in the Windy (and cold) city. But, I am back now.
Apr 27, 2015 3:51 pm
Perception Check Results: Everyone with the exception of Tara (who is oblivious) and Yui (who did not roll) will see this.

As you are sitting at the tables and enjoying your meals, you see the eastern door shimmer. It appears to open, yet remains closed, and through the door walk in several people, men and women dressed in white uniforms with a yellow or red strip down the right sleeve and side. All seem seem to be talking to each other, though no sound can be heard.

Some make their way to the food dispensers along the way and a few pick up a pitcher of dark liquid and pour it into the cups in their hands. Three others turn and walk to the south door and disappear into the hall.

As the ones that remain move around the room and take their places, a chatting couple move to the place that Utazó is at and a few others move to Darazen's table. One of the people sits down in the same chair as Utazó (who shivers, but does not move). You see both, sitting in the same place and the man is talking to the woman sitting now beside him.

A man and woman sits down next to Darazen and continues their conservation. After a few moments, another approaches and sits down in the seat Darazen is occupying. You see the figure pass right through, into and around him. Darazen takes on a glow about him. As Darazen feels a chill, his mouth opens, maybe to ask a question of someone and a soft, wispy sound comes out.

"The computer model shows the worst of the storm is over. Good thing too, the laser emitters were starting to cook. Too many meteors in that last storm for the defensive guns and shield to handle. I spent the last hour routing and rerouting coolant to the system. I heard reports from the geodomes that they took a direct hit. Have not heard how bad yet, but it could not have been that bad or our crews would have been ordered in to assist. All I can say is that the commander had better take head and get those upgrades in soon. If we have another storm like....

The room takes an eerie glow as the light panels take on a red tint. They seem to be pulsing. Panels near the windows and doors have lit up with the words "Red Alert" flashing on each. The room is quiet, though, only the hum of the machinery. The person sitting in Darazen looks around and the wisp of a voice exclaims "Damn, no rest for the wicked... let's go."

She and her colleagues stand up and run to the door. Again, it shimmers and opens silently and they disappear into the hall. From the other door, the three figures come sprinting through and follow their colleagues. As they leave, the eerie red fades and everything appears to be back to normal.
Apr 27, 2015 5:32 pm
"How far away from earth are we?" Vult asks, amazed by the conversation. "I suppose this is an entirely artificial environment?"

Rolls

Decipher more information from what the holograms? said - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Apr 27, 2015 5:51 pm
Darazen recalls Utazo's concerns about ghostly figures, and is disturbed to witness them first hand. After the mild possession passes he turns to Zo and says, "So you weren't imagining ghosts. There really is a presence here!"

It isn't clear to Darazen what the significance of his experience was. Could it be that a major event took place here and everyone died? Certainly outside the windows the landscape seems shattered, and the clue is that meteors were the culprit. ~I wonder if we too are at risk?~

Still sensing goosebumps following his spectral experience, Darazen moves to a window to examine the landscape and the skies above. He applies his intellect to determine whether there appears to be further threat from the skies.

Rolls

Intellect with effort - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Apr 27, 2015 6:49 pm
Tara cuts off another succulent portion of steak and pops it into her mouth, she seems completely unfazed.
Apr 27, 2015 9:36 pm
A stunned Utazó slowly places her utensils onto her plate, stands up, and backs away from the table. Nodding to Darazen as he recalls what had happened earlier she says, "Just like the others. What in the hell were they talking about?"

Noticing that Tara seems unaffected, "Tara? Did you just not see what happened?"
Apr 27, 2015 11:41 pm
Tara nods while swallowing her food and goes about cutting off another slice of steak "Yep. Utazo got up after you said something or rather about ghosts.." Tara's gaze goes up to Utazo for a second then back to her steak "Looks like you freaked her out..". Tara stabs the next piece of steak with her fork and before putting it into her mouth says "You shouldn't tease her so much.." and places the next bite in her mouth and starts chewing.
Apr 28, 2015 12:16 am
"Remember when that tracking device said the Assassin's Heart was 900,000 kilometers away? I don't even know how that is possible, is the world that big? Have we left Earth, Vult, do we know for sure?" Khoren walks over to the food dispensers and looks for the pitcher of dark fluid. I wonder what they were drinking? He then goes to the door that the apparitions fled through and gazes about.
Apr 28, 2015 1:06 am
OOC: Sorry for the wait everyone, I was thinking I'd wait for the game to speed up and got caught up in other exciting ventures. I'm back!
After digging into a somewhat cliche but hearty meal (my punishment for inactivity), Yui looks up to notice the spooked expressions of the others.
"Uh...did I miss something? I seem to be the last sane woman in an insane world."
Noticing that Tara also seems unaffected, Yui slides over to her quickly, and then proceeds to carefully examine the others.
"Okay, I'll guess something is up here. Maybe we can get an explanation?"
It'd be a bit of a cheat, but maybe if someone can explain adequately Tara and I can understand what happened (i.e. get a summarized version of what we missed with our rolls)
Apr 29, 2015 2:21 pm
Qralloq says:
"Remember when that tracking device said the Assassin's Heart was 900,000 kilometers away? I don't even know how that is possible, is the world that big? Have we left Earth, Vult, do we know for sure?" Khoren walks over to the food dispensers and looks for the pitcher of dark fluid. I wonder what they were drinking? He then goes to the door that the apparitions fled through and gazes about.
"The Numenera can achieve otherwise impossible feats. The previous civilizations, some spanned worlds, galaxies, and dimensions. So leaving earth is possible, but I'd have to make some calculations to be certain."

Vult starts scribbling on scrap paper.

Rolls

Calculate if we're on earth - (1d20)

(6) = 6

load next

Thread locked