The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 13, 2015 4:56 pm
Beyond the door lurks another corridor that leads 4 meters north and ends at another door to the east. Grapthor kicks that one open, too and stands in a quite empty room. It is 3 by 4 meters and has doors to the north and to the south in the middle of the respective walls. There is a masterful painting of a dragon on the east wall.
May 13, 2015 5:04 pm
Taking his share of spell scrolls.

Say Veldebrand, what did your note was saying? Something about a nude, troll, and red and black? Seems we have a statue of a nude here, and a book with "troll" in its title... Could our "employer" have asked us to bring him back certain pieces of art and books from this place?
May 13, 2015 5:17 pm
"It's possible. I say we take everything that we can lug out of here. Perhaps our employer is an art aficionado and will buy more of it?." Veldebrand ponders as he walks along with Barekeln. "The layout of this place is interesting. Maybe we can make this our home base...assuming the original owner is no longer with us..."
Last edited May 13, 2015 5:17 pm
May 13, 2015 5:34 pm
Oh? Are we starting a guild or something?
May 13, 2015 6:28 pm
Grapthor pauses in the center of the room with the painting. While waiting for Veldebrand and Barekeln to catch up, he turns to Farandor and uses his hammer to gesture roughly at the artwork. "How much d'ye reckon that's worth? Buy us a coupla kegs at the bloody least!"
Last edited May 15, 2015 3:18 pm
May 13, 2015 6:43 pm
Farandor grins at Grapthor's estimation. "Aye, depending where we ended up we could probably get a stake in a tavern for the gold art such as this would fetch"

Farandor will approach the painting and inspect it carefully.

Rolls

Perception - Base 8 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

May 13, 2015 7:42 pm
Perception: Yes it is a beautiful painting.

Appraisal: Absolutely worthless.

Rolls

Farandor's Appraisal (MND+IN) (4) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

May 13, 2015 7:53 pm
"Let a more discerning eye have a look" Veldebrand says as he appraises the value of the painting.

Rolls

Appraise (MND 8 + IN 1 = 9) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 13, 2015 7:54 pm
Farandor reaches out and smells the painting... "Hmm, sorry to say it Grapthor, but upon closer inspection, we'd have to scam someone pretty thoroughly to get any coin for this one. Maybe we could get a few flagons for it." Farandor looks at the painting again, hesitates, then nods to himself; quite sure of his appraisal of the piece.
May 13, 2015 8:06 pm
Hmm...

Rolls

Appraise painting (MND+IN) CTN10 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

May 13, 2015 8:27 pm
Veldebrand judges the painting to be worth about 200GP and Barekeln thinks it is about worth 150GP...
May 13, 2015 8:29 pm
"Well, it's worth more than the 8 silver in my pocket!"
May 13, 2015 8:31 pm
"If you say so." Farandor looks doubtful.
May 13, 2015 9:40 pm
I guess we'll have to trust the merchant once we get back in town. for now, lets leave the artwork where we find them, so they won't get damage in a fight and lose value. We can always pick them up later when we leave this place.
May 14, 2015 12:19 am
"I once took a job guarding a rich man's art collection. I thought I'd be guarding it against bloody thieves but at sundown the man locked the damn gallery tight and told me, 'Just don't let anything out!'"

"That night I saw nuthin' but there were horrible noises from inside: moanin' and scratchin', and a bloody awful slitherin'. Thank the gods that bloody lock held!" Grapthor ends his tale with a shudder.

"Well then. Shall we continue?" He strides towards the northern door and glances at Rollo, "You wanna take this one?"
May 14, 2015 5:18 am
"Yes, come on, let's doing, and see if we find another master piece or another little brain as apettizer, because I am a little hungry like you" Rolllo opens the next door very carefully and his club firmly in his hand. Flossi stands behind him. "Ready for action?" he asks Grapthor.
May 14, 2015 5:55 am
Grapthor nods, "Let's do it."
Last edited May 14, 2015 5:56 am
May 14, 2015 6:03 am
After another 3 meters of corridor you reach another bare 3 by 4 room. There is a life size granite statue of a knight on the north wall.
A huge set of sturdy iron reinforced double doors is set in the west wall.
May 14, 2015 8:22 am
Grapthor inspects the knight statue, looking if any heraldic symbols, family crests or other symbols, or even the style of armor & weaponry match any heroic legends he might know of. This roll will go badly but oh well...

Rolls

KNOWLEDGE (MND+IN) = 5 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

May 14, 2015 8:44 am
Good roll :-) But it doesn't have distinguishing marks. It is made of gray granite holding sword and shield. Other than the nude in the library this statue looks bulky and plain, almost crude. Its features are more stylized than masterfully cut from the stone. the surface is rough. It reminds you of a guardian statue you sometimes find at temple or cemetary gates.

http://www.burgundy-canal.com/v/images/malin_statue.jpg
load next

Thread locked