The Strangling Sea: Chapter 1

load previous
Jul 3, 2015 10:00 pm
Having had little luck with her ranged attacks, Nyíl decides that it's time to get up close and personal. Stowing her bow, she draws her sword and charges the dart thrower. "Laugh at this, Moron!"

Rolls

Melee Attack Roll [+5 DEX/LVL +3 ED] - (1d20+8)

(15) + 8 = 23

Damage[+3 STR] - (1d6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jul 4, 2015 1:40 am
Inidrill balks at the audacity of this mercenary, looking down his lowborn nose at her makes her want to break it! Again her hammer seeks the man.

((Right about the racial power of course. The site dropped one of my second attack roll. I didn't notice or I would have posted an edit about it. Irrelevant anyway since the d6 came up above the escalation die.))

Rolls

Polearm attack vs sellsword - (1d20+6)

(13) + 6 = 19

Damage roll - (1d10+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Elven Grace - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Jul 4, 2015 3:52 pm
"BLARRRGH!" The noise that issues from Blackstar's mouth resembles a belch from the maw of hell itself! Gorta and the sellsword are caught in the blast of what smells like gas from all the cesspools of the Abyss that issues forth. Blackstar tumbles into the air, spinning like a leaf.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3b/31/10/3b31105f6eb8c90a4661c4d927abc8cf.jpg
OOC:

As per the random rolls bellow, we have the following effects:
-Gorta & the sellsword are caught in the blast (17 vs PD)
-If hit, Gorta takes 16 damage & is dazed (save ends)
-If hit, Sellsword takes 16 damage & is confused until the end of Blackstar's next turn
-Blackstar gains flight until the end of his next turn.
Last edited July 6, 2015 4:42 am

Rolls

Blarrrrgh! attack vs. PD - (1d20+8)

(9) + 8 = 17

Number of enemies targeted - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Spell Damage - (3d6+4)

(525) + 4 = 16

Additional random effect from Blarrrgh - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Random effect Attacking Warp - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Blaargh random effect vs 2nd target - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Jul 6, 2015 5:30 am
As Gorta swung his club wildly at him, Jeremiah effortlessly parried it aside as he tapped his enemy's face with his shield and shouted, "Say what? I thought you were too busy kissing the troll!"

As he steps back to take the defensive, Jeremiah instantly takes a whiff of Blackstar's gas and shouts at him, "Damn you, infernal horror! Take your sewage spew out in the forest, not in front of me!"

[ OOC: Dang, I forgot about my Counter-Attack talent; not that it triggered yet anyway :) natural even attack triggers Defensive Fighting, I have 21 AC for a round :) ]
Last edited July 6, 2015 5:41 am

Rolls

Dwarven Steel Schiavona (Attack) - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Dwarven Steel Schiavona (Damage) - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jul 7, 2015 1:34 am
Nyil's sword pierced the dartthrower as his back was turned from her. The shock barely registered as he was so intently focused on Blackstar and the horrific stench that emanated from his mouth. As Blackstar began floating into the air, the dartthrower thrust his dagger at the man, sinking the blade to its hilt before withdrawing it sharply. The lunge pulled him off Nyil's sword and he finally recognized the pain. He spun around and slashed her with his dagger.

The abominable smell overpowered the senses of Gorta and his eyes rolled up into the back of his head in agony. Clawing at his throat, he let out a choked scream. Jeremiah's shield bashed him to the ground, where he lay, twitching a few times before breathing his last.

The sellsword hacked and coughed at the putrid odor and completely forgot he was in a duel. He bent double, trying to blink away the bloody tears that were filling his eyes. He never saw the hammer that swung down at his skull, but he immediately collapsed under its fell blow.

OOC:
Dartthrower takes 7 damage and is staggered
Gorta takes 16 damage and is dead
Sellsword takes 26 damage and is dead

Nyil takes 4 damage
Blackstar takes 4 damage

Blackstar, your next spell type is Iconic and is associated with the Crusader.

Escalation Die is at 4. Be sure to add that to your attack rolls!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1136446/Escalation4.jpg

Rolls

Dartthrower vs Blackstar AC (opportunity attack) (4 damage) - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Dartthrower vs Nyil AC (4 damage) - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Iconic Spell Type - (1d12)

(2) = 2

Jul 7, 2015 2:40 am
Grimacing from the slash of the dart thrower's blade, Nyíl, determined to end this once and for all, attempts to run him through with her sword.

Rolls

Melee Attack Roll [+5 DEX/LVL +4 ED] - (1d20+9)

(12) + 9 = 21

Damage[+3 STR] - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jul 7, 2015 12:43 pm
Inidrill triumphantly lifts her weapon back into striking position but spares little more than a moment to savor the victory before turning on the next foe. She closes in on the dart thrower to assist Nyil.

Rolls

Polearm attack vs dart thrower - (1d20+11)

(18) + 11 = 29

Damage roll - (1d10+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Elven Grace - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Polearm attack (if dart thrower is still standing) - (1d20+11)

(20) + 11 = 31

second damage roll - (1d10+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Jul 9, 2015 9:06 am
Jeremiah looked at the putrid corpse that was once Gorta, and sighed. "I thought you'd be worthy of being a prized trophy. Still, want not, waste not." He proceeded to wipe the blood off his schiavona, bring out one of his obsidian daggers, and spend some time carefully scalping and looting Gorta's body.
Jul 10, 2015 11:49 am
Blackstar lands with a thud on top of Firigin's strange building. Nyil and Inidrill seem to have overwhemled the dartthrower and so the chaos mage floats down to the front door and starts knocking politely. "Yoohoo! Firigin? Anybody home?"
Jul 10, 2015 9:19 pm
The dartthrower's body collapsed on the Nyil's blade and he coughed up blood. Inidrill's hammer smashed into his back, shattering vertebrae. The limp body slid from the blade and lay still.

Blackstar's question was answered by a small peephole appearing in the door and a muffled voice calling out, "Who are you and what do you want?.......and why, in heaven's sake, is that little gnome scalping Gorta? He was a good man!"

OOC:
Inidrill, give me a Wisdom check. It's a d20+Wis+Lvl+(background appropriate to finding things)
Jul 11, 2015 12:38 am
((Using Elven Orphan..this covers survival instinct stuff...noticing useful things and such.))

Rolls

Searching - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Jul 13, 2015 4:57 am
Just as Inidrill was delivering the final blow, she noticed the dartthrower reaching into his jacket and grab at something that glinted in the bright light.
Jul 13, 2015 6:27 am
Inidrill uses her weapon to flip the former dart thrower over. The item she saw him reaching for may have been dangerous so she takes all prudent precaution to investigate.

"What is this I wonder? she says as prods the dead man's jacket open to get a better look.
Jul 13, 2015 9:40 pm
The jacket flaps open and a small vial filled with a purple fluid rolls free. Stooping to pick it up for a closer look, Inidrill finds an Orcish word printed across the glass. She instantly recognizes the script and knows it to mean, "Heals."

OOC:
This is an Adventurer Tier Healing potion (+1d8 to your recovery roll)
Jul 14, 2015 2:16 am
"Well, to the victor, I suppose!" The tall elf finishes examining the vial and slips it into her pouch, not hiding it, just securing it, then turns to the structure where Black star and their quarry are conversing.
"The loss of any life is regrettable, but this 'good man' was ready to kill you, and us I might say. Though I find it distasteful I will not deny Jeremiah his customs. Please open the door and so that we may speak civilly without shouting. Our needs are urgent!"
Jul 14, 2015 2:32 am
Not wanting to appear as a threat to whoever is behind the door, Nyíl quickly wipes the blood from her sword before sheathing it. She moves besides Inidrill and gives her a quick tap with her scabbard in appreciation for the nice finish on the dart thrower.
Jul 14, 2015 6:00 am
Jeremiah faced the mysterious voice. "I'm taking a part of him because he is a good human." Wiping the scalp on the nearby grass before placing it in his pockets, he continued. "It's only fair that I keep memories fresh by keeping a part of him close."

He stares blankly to the distance as he strokes the face on his shield.
Jul 14, 2015 11:48 am
Blackstar sists don on Firigin's porch, humming tunelessly.
Jul 15, 2015 3:19 am
Inidrill acknowledges Nyil as well and calls out again, "Open the door, please Master Firigin. We have urgent business."
Jul 16, 2015 2:05 am
The muffled voice answered Inidrill, "Ah yes, he did try to kill me didn't he? But that was no fault of his own - no, he and I got along swell! It was that woman's doing! Nadda, whom that odd man transformed into a pile of bones. Curious work that. Consider me impressed!"

He paused to hear Jeremiah's answer and replied, "Curiouser and curiouser! Keeping a person's memories fresh by removing their scalp? That would be a fascinating research project....problematic though, for who would volunteer to be a test subject? Hmm, perhaps the Lich King would sponsor such an endeavor..."

The door suddenly swung open and a lanky man stepped out into the sunlight. He blinked once at each of you then his face split into a wide grin. The sunlight reflected off his teeth in much the same way as the dome, making it hard to stare too long at his face. "Urgent business is it? You all have absolutely piqued my curiosity, and I must sate it. Besides, you took care of a pesky problem for me...namely how to convince these four to leave. Haha - you forced them to leave....just not in the way they might have imagined! Please, please, come inside!"

As you enter the dome, it was surprisingly well light considering how much light was being reflected away from it. A long work bench was mounted to the circular wall, and another bench encircled a spiral staircase leading to an upper room. Strewn across the benches were a wide variety of odds and ends, tools, projects in various stages of completion and parchments covered in sketches. He waved you toward a number of stools placed at the workbenches and hopped on one himself. He flashed another incredibly bright grin at you before asking, "What urgent business brings you to my door? And what perfect timing I might say!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.