AND AWAY WE GO!!!!

load previous
Jun 9, 2015 5:43 pm
Kalsii:
You’ve known people with implants. You’ve seen people have implants taken out in some interrogation settings and how that can effect them adversely or otherwise in order to compel information. This is a bit different. You suspect this thing is sentient in some way as it was trying to escape when Balda was restrained and the whip was applied. However, it died shortly after escaping so it must not be able to survive outside the body, so who put this into her? Was it against her will? Balda’s demeanor has changed as well and she is no longer fighting against you. This looks to be connected to the "removal" of the "implant". You cannot recall ever seeing something like this before. Yet through your experiences are certain this devices removal is contributing to her current state.

Balda tries to speak through a wincing countenance.. "...my head...*ungh*...my head is pounding! What happened?"
Jun 9, 2015 6:42 pm
Kalsii removed the whip from the neck of Balda, and descended into squatting position before her, and said:
"Well, i guess you could thank me for squieezing thing thing out of you with my whip. Do you remeber what happened just now? " - she said softly, and then added with steel cold, intimidating tone : "Answer. Calmly. Now."
Last edited June 9, 2015 6:44 pm

Rolls

Intimidate(trained) - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Jun 10, 2015 4:11 am
Polaria looms in the doorway, watching the scene, glancing over her shoulder nervously, as if waiting for something or someone to try to catch her by surprise.
Jun 10, 2015 6:56 pm
Balda takes on a fierce look but you’ve seen such attempts to appear defiant before. She is clearly flustered by you. She notices the "thing" on the ground at your mention of it and appears extremely surprised.

"That came out of me?" She asks confusedly. She shuts her eyes and shakes her head as if trying to clear a mental fog. "I remember Mr. Fiu resisting arrest." She throws an unsure glance up at Csinos. "He is to be brought before Deil for questioning regarding a matter that is none of your concern. Now, release me from these bonds, and if you two are friends of White Lake, help me bring him in!"

Kalsii:
There is clearly something else here that she is hesitant to bring up. She is certainly confused about what is going on and trying to pull herself together.

Polaria:
You hear movement behind you. Looking back you can see Caila’s Body shifting a bit on the ground. The body moves for a second or two then stops. The humming from the device on the side of the house persists as well.
Jun 10, 2015 7:07 pm
Kalsii is perceptive, so i take i could allow her to make perceptive rolls here and there, because as percpetive, she should really do them whenever something happeing around. I posting 1 skill used in forumla, but if it's appliocable in situation that could be both of them

Swiftly, without saying word, with rapid movement, Kalsii steps behind of Balda, and returns the whip into it's former place, making light strangulation, and damaging Balda's neck's skin and causing pain for her, and adds with calm voice:
"You should calm yourself and answer my question. Without additives i didn't requested. Now, please, do so" - she tells, emphasizing word "so" in her speach.
Last edited June 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Rolls

Perception (small things / identify danger = 1-2 skills) - - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jun 10, 2015 7:49 pm
Sorry, I seem to have missed something. Is Caila's body inside or outside the house? I thought it was inside, but Polaria noticing something behind herself seems to indicate that it is actually outside.
Jun 10, 2015 10:38 pm
Csinos points to his wounded shoulder, "Resisting arrest? The only thing I was resisting was my assassination attempt!"

Unsure on how the other two are going to react to Balda's pleas, Csinos slowly moves to position himself between them and the exit.
Last edited June 10, 2015 10:39 pm
Jun 11, 2015 12:57 am
Gargoyle says:
Sorry, I seem to have missed something. Is Caila's body inside or outside the house? I thought it was inside, but Polaria noticing something behind herself seems to indicate that it is actually outside.
Yes, sorry. Caila's body went flying through the door and basically destroyed it. Her body is on the ground outside. Kalsii and Balda are on the floor inside where Balda collapsed after Csinos poisoned her. Polaria is standing in the doorway. To move Csinos between them and the exit you would be approaching Polaria and moving by Kalsii. There's also the side wall that was uncharacteristically behaving like it was made of some sort of liquid.
Jun 11, 2015 1:41 am
Balda crumbles under your bindings and tactics.
"I...we were doing our JOBS!....This man is Convergence!...*unggghh* please...I told you what I remembered...We had orders…..from (She thinks for a moment)...from DEIL!!!….to bring him in for questioning...please…..It's the Priests...they want him. They know he's spoken with one of their agents."

Kalsii:
Now that you are behind Balda you notice a circular rash on her neck right at the base of her skull. It is pinkish with a small red colored dot in the center. Balda appears to be unraveling a bit under your tactics and you feel you may have gotten the answer to this question.

Csinos' recounting of the events before you and Polaria arrived do not seem to mesh with a standard arrest from the Town Guard as she appears to be claiming. The mention of the Aeon Priests is odd as well. It wouldn't be normal for a Clave to request an arrest of a citizen like that. Hinky, bruh..Hinky.

Regarding the Rolls. I'll ask for them when I want them, but please feel free to throw them out there if there is something you feel you want to try. Maybe it's my inexperience but I try to keep things free flowing and whenever players want to make rolls for something that comes to mind I like to roll with it and see where it takes things. There will always be cause for Kalsii to percieve her environment and you never know what else may be going on as this situation develops, so Roll away! :)
Jun 11, 2015 4:21 am
"Priests have been wanting all sorts of persons today", Polaria says absent-mindedly. "Not sure that's a recommendation right now."

Then she turns and takes couple steps towards Caila's body. She reaches with her sword and gently nudges the body, trying to see what made it move.

Rolls

Investigate body - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jun 13, 2015 1:05 am
Polaria:
It's not hard for you to notice the stream of blood coming from Caila's right eye, and the disabled centipede thing on the ground next to her head. It appears Caila had one of these implants as well. It's attempt to escape the dead body most likely contributed to the movement.

Kalsii and Csinos:
You are both now alone in the residence with Balda restrained on the floor. Polaria has vacated her spot in the doorway to investigate Caila's body outside.

DOH!
Jun 13, 2015 6:39 am
I think Polaria and Kalsii got switched around there?
Jun 14, 2015 10:56 pm
Gargoyle says:
I think Polaria and Kalsii got switched around there?
ooops. I'll edit so it makes more damn sense. SORRY!
Jun 15, 2015 4:17 am
Polaria kneels warily and starts looking for the centipede that would have vacated the dead body. Just in case, she pulls out her razor ring, prepared to defend herself if necessary. She also keeps an eye on the body for any other clues she might spot.

Rolls

Search - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jun 15, 2015 9:45 pm
Kalsii tries to remeber if he saw something like this before or heard any reference. She is almost there, almosy have clues to understand what all this about. At same time she keeps eye on Balda, ready to restrain her and deliver her another pain wave if she will not sit calmly.

Rolls

Recall (trained) - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jun 16, 2015 3:29 pm
Polaria:
You find the Centipede no problem. It is motionless and appears dead / deactivated. Caila’s body is motionless as well. Very dead. It is about an hour past midnight at this point. The road is empty. You do not sense any danger. As you search you also find a silver cylindrical rod attached to Caila's belt. It is identical to the rod you saw attached to the outer wall of Csinos' home, just not activated. There is also 6 shins. You may add to your inventory if you wish, however, the rod is a Cypher and you already have 2 so you run the risk of something happening to them if you hold on to a third for too long.

Kalsii:
You have never seen anything like this specifically. You are sure they are implants of some kind that appear to effect the minds of the implanted. It looks to have been administered in the back of the neck from the rash you’ve seen on Balda. Balda is not struggling against her bonds. Her breathing has slowed and your instincts are telling you that she wasn’t as truthful as you may have liked. So why was this man (Csinos) targeted?

Csinos:
Balda has basically accused you of being tied in with the Convergence. After the Centipede thing came out of her eye she seemed a bit confused. The mentioning of Deil putting out the order for your "arrest" and eventual transport to the Clave is odd seeing how Hervan has tasked you with exposing the Convergence presence. You were under the impression Hervan did not alert anyone to your mission, but now an attack? Town Guards naming you Convergence?
Jun 16, 2015 4:03 pm
Kalsii bows towards Balda again, suggesting her that she will pull the whip once more again by pulling it lightly.
"Listen. I think i was quite polite and just requested from you one simple thing - to tell me all what you know about this mess. But you was not open with me. You disrespected my request. Even after that thing left your brain, and it is not controlled by some foul entity anymore, you still refuse to commit the fact that you attacked person in his house while being controlled by some foul implant. More than that, you even fail to tell the truth and report me on how you got that thing in your brain. For me - that is pure sign of disrespect, and i DO NOT CARE about who are you, because i do know who you have been few seconds ago. I advise you to not anger me, and to talk. Tell the truth of we will have nice time here, and we'll see how you will be spewing blood here for couple of hours before you die" - she said very loudly and pulled her whip once more.

Not sure that the curent state could modify my intimidation roll further above -1 difficulty from Intimidate skill
Last edited June 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Rolls

Intimidate (trained, in controlling and threatening position - adding +3 perhaps should +6?) - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Jun 17, 2015 4:37 am
Polaria takes the rod and walks around the corner to the one that was attached to Csinos' home. She holds the rod up and compares it to the one attached to the wall, trying to figure out how it works and how could she stop the activated one.

Rolls

Understand Numenera - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Jun 17, 2015 3:51 pm
Kalsii:
Balda answers as calmly as she is capable of "Look. I have no idea how that thing got inside me…*urghh*... Maybe it was snuck in with the Booster we got from Deil a few weeks ago. Those injections help us fight off some of the lasting effects that can occur from fighting off the abominations that exist in this world…*ungh*.... I wasn’t informed of any bug thing being included in the last injection. I do know that my head is pounding and I feel like I’m coming out of a fog." More blood trickles from her neck as you pull on the whip. "...*UNGHH!!*... THAT’S ALL I KNOW! We don’t ask questions, we follow orders! … Damnit! I’m not even sure where the order came from now! It was in my head ..... ‘Bring Csinos Fiu to the Aeon Priest Clave….Bring Csinos Fiu to the Clave...alive’.......please...that’s all I know...We fought, Caila died, and now I’m not sure where the orders truly came from anymore...I’m so confused"

Polaria:
Both Rods have two buttons toward the end, one on top of the other. The top button on the activated Rod is pushed in where the bottom button is not. The rod in your hand has the opposite look. Bottom button pushed in, top button pushed out. You feel pretty confident that if you decided to push the bottom button on the activated rod it would shut down the cypher, and most likely disable it as cyphers are mostly single use. You can visually see that the wall it is attached to is rippling ever so slightly as if it was made of a liquid. The device must have something to do with this.
Jun 17, 2015 8:00 pm
Polaria tilts her head, curious, and examines the wall. After hesitating for a while, she extends her hand and touches the rippling part of the wall, trying to feel what exactly the effect is. A cypher that just makes the wall ripple sounds like an unlikely device.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.