OOC Megathread

load previous
Dec 24, 2016 5:37 pm
Happy Holidays!
Dec 26, 2016 1:34 am
Merry Christmas!
Dec 26, 2016 7:21 pm
Happy Winter Solstice and upcoming New Year!

Let's hope our characters all survive into the next year as well. ;-)
Dec 26, 2016 7:40 pm
Happy holidays everyone!

And we'll see ;)
Jan 29, 2017 1:38 am
Hey everyone, I've been around, but also overwhelmed. Between the situation in the US that I feel helpless with respect to (as a Canadian), and an upcoming job interview for a dream position at CMU doing research on teaching (I fly out in 11 hours) "overwhelmed" is accurate.

I appreciate all of your patience. Will move this along Wed/Thurs after I get home from the interview.
Jan 29, 2017 3:04 am
Good luck!! No worries, see ya whenever you're ready to throw yourself back into the fantasy world. It's the only thing helping me stay sane these days.
Jan 29, 2017 8:48 am
Agreed Moofsalot. Thank goodness for a healthy level of escapism. Candi, good luck on your interview! We'll see you soon.
Feb 2, 2017 1:12 am
Hope the interview went well. Also hoping that one more member of the US senate comes to their senses and votes no on DeVos. As a teacher, I can't imagine what that woman would do to public education! If only I had real magical powers right now! ;-)
Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm
Hey guys, hows everyone doing? Just checking in, how did your interview go Candi?
Feb 16, 2017 8:37 pm
I'm around, buried under this dissertation thing still.

Alas the interview, I thought, went well - but I was not offered the job. On the other hand, I have a line on a postdoc at Stanford to start in Sept (just waiting on confirmation that my proposed start date coheres with the funding agencies requirements). So, pending that technical detail, I have work when I finish this dissertation.

All of my games I'm running have ground to a halt. I'll try to get this chugging again over the weekend once I submit this chapter to my supervisor.
Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm
Nice! I'm actually visiting my bestie next week who's a postdoc at Stanford (probably in a different field).

I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say we're ready to jump back in whenever you are! Good luck with the dissertation!
Feb 17, 2017 3:13 am
Keep up the scholarly work! Having done what you have, I appreciate all too well how much work it is.
Last edited February 17, 2017 9:10 pm
Feb 17, 2017 3:41 am
Arjen says:
Keep up the scholarly work! Having done what you have, I appreciate all to well how much work it is.
I'm in the "grind" -- all day writing.
Apr 1, 2017 8:23 pm
Sorry for the delay. I'm at a conference in LA and completely forgot to let everyone know. My apologies.
May 2, 2017 2:36 am
I am shocked. Like, you guys may take on 4 ogres after the big battle against several ogres, ettins, a dragon that you chased off, and a bunch of dragonspawn.
May 2, 2017 11:16 am
That feeling when the DM thinks you're taking on too much.
May 2, 2017 11:30 am
I dunno. I'm starting to doubt my feeling that you're taking on too much!
May 9, 2017 2:30 pm
I have to take my laptop in for repair, keyboard's been acting up, so this may be slower (than usual) for a week while I am restricted to my phone and work computer.
May 9, 2017 10:02 pm
NP, hopefully its not affecting your dissertation.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.