Chapter 1, Day 1 Morning: The Witchwood

load previous
Aug 6, 2015 2:19 pm
The two archers try to shield their eyes, but they are too late and are blinded by the spray of bright colours. They attempt to fire arrows in response at Zaris, but blinded they are not very good shots at all and miss.

The armoured hobgoblin stiffens at Kaiakas' command and drops his greatsword then stands there staring at it confused for a moment.

Colour spray hits both blinding them and they subsequently miss horribly on their shots
The big guy fails his Wisdom save, drops his great sword and and his turn.

Everyone is up!
Aug 6, 2015 8:10 pm
Zaris, exhausted from the effort needed to cast his spell quickly turns and runs back towards the cover of the trees. "Another hit and I am done for," he mutters to himself.

OOC: I go to take cover in the brush and ready the DEFEND action. He also crosses his fingers and hopes he doesn't wet himself from the severity of the situation!
Aug 6, 2015 8:19 pm
"I've had quite enough of you!" Corban exclaims as he brings his sword in for what he hopes will be a brutal finish.

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Attack - advantage roll - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Damage with Longsword - (1D8+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Aug 6, 2015 8:34 pm
The hell hound collapses into a pile of charred meat and a small black cloud slips from its corpse to surround me once more in a small soul-charged shield (OOC: Dark One's Blessing 3 temp HP). Seeing that the armored Hobby is being taken care of, I turn my attention to the archers. I extend my finger and an eldritch blast springs toward the nearest one.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast attack - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Blinded advantage - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Damage - (1d10+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Aug 7, 2015 4:09 pm
Corban slashes the hobgoblin across the face and he staggers back, his hands covering the deep wound as he howls in pain.

Rurik's blast soars across the road and slams into one of the archers, knocking him backwards a bit as he is surprised by the sudden impact.

Corban hits, the foe is not quite dead.
Rurik hits

Kaiakas and Xara are up
Aug 8, 2015 2:46 am
When I come to, my eyes flutter open and I feel both pain and exhaustion from the battle. Now is not the time to prove myself. While I do plan to die gloriously one day, today will not be that day! Staying low to the ground, I crawl my way toward the trees in order to stay hidden and make myself less of a target.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Aug 8, 2015 6:17 pm
Xara does her best to slip into the foliage and make herself small and hard to detect, even though her injuries make careful precise movements difficult.

Kaiakas is up

There's 2 blinded archers, one is a little hurt, and one very hurt armored hobgoblin
Aug 9, 2015 12:04 am
Preparing for a final strike by infusing my blade with divine power, I relentlessly attack the hobgoblin.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Weapon damage - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Divine Smite - (2d8)

(45) = 9

Aug 9, 2015 4:05 am
Kaiakas' blade, glowing with divine power, cuts through the hobgoblins armor plate and buries itself deep into the creatures hide. The hobgoblin shudders briefly before falling to the ground, dead.

The archers scramble backwards into the woods, tripping over themselves and each other, trying feebly to make an escape.

You're all up. Blind archers running away, you are all able to reach them and take an action should you wish to pursue.

Rolls

Kaiakas has Advantage - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Aug 9, 2015 7:25 pm
"Find your mark," Zaris says as he loads a bolt into his crossbow, takes aim at the fleeing enemy and lets loose.

Rolls

Crossbow - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Crossbow advantage (if warranted) - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Arrow damage - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Aug 9, 2015 7:32 pm
The bolt narrowly hits one of the hobgoblins, cutting his arm as it sails past and lodges itself into a tree

Hit for 1 damage!
Aug 10, 2015 12:31 am
"Get out of here!" he yells, loading another arrow into the crossbow. "We don't have time for this!" He then slumps over in the brush, exhausted.
Aug 10, 2015 4:47 pm
In exhausted rage, Corban dashes toward one of the stumbling, blinded archers, trying to end it and prevent future ambushes of this type.
Last edited August 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Attack - advantage roll--if necessary - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Damage with Longsword - (1d8+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Aug 10, 2015 4:54 pm
Corban scrambles up the slope, and feebly throws himself and his sword towards the target. The archer, stumbles and trips as Corban lands on top of him and drives the blade through the hobgoblin's back.

Corban hits and kills the already hurt one.

Xara, Rurik, Kaiakas
Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am
I'm exhausted, but once I've caught my breath I evaluate the situation. I wouldn't survive another bout with the hobgoblin, but it seems to be taken care of. Well, that simplifies matters. I take several steps toward the fleeing archer, flinging my rapier at his retreating back.

Rolls

Attack- rapier (thrown) - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Damage - (1d8-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Aug 11, 2015 3:17 pm
The final archer flees for the hills, but after the harm he and his have caused my friends I narrow my eyes and the black soul-stuff of the hell hound that was acting as a shield for me coalesces into a spear shape and soars toward the archer.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast attack roll - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Damage - (1d10+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Aug 11, 2015 4:57 pm
Zaris looks in awe at the blast that Rurik sends towards the archer. He can always appreciate such an impressive use of The Weave.
Aug 11, 2015 6:22 pm
The arcane blast slams into the archer and he is tossed several feet and to the ground. He lays there, still and very much dead.

Comabt over!
Aug 11, 2015 7:07 pm
The spear dissolves and mingles with the bit of soul-stuff leeched from the hobgoblin which rushes back and surrounds me. Zaris notices my face take on a demonic cast to it as if something else is wearing my skin while the soul stuff circles me and then sinks beneath my flesh. The demonic cast disappears just as quickly as it appears and I suddenly look very tired and very drained. I drop to a seated position, exhausted by the combat, the wounds, and the energies expended.
Aug 11, 2015 7:46 pm
"Well, that was inconvenient." I say that to the nearest party member while casually checking the bodies for anything of value.
Last edited August 11, 2015 7:48 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.