Leaving Boltic: Chapter 2

load previous
Sep 17, 2015 3:35 pm
Garrett listens carefully to Graddy, and he can tell he's trying to avoid going in depth on the subject. He will sit and appear to think for a moment, extending his senses to find out what kind of people he is working with.

"I suppose I could stick around for a while, if it's not too much trouble. I would, however like to speak to your employer if given a chance, I'd like to know what I'm getting into. And I'm going to be straightforward with you; if I find out that you are trying to do harm to anyone undeserving on this quest I will not be able to help you."

Garrett uses Detect Evil
Sep 17, 2015 5:23 pm
"Fair enough mate, employa'z bit fickle t' say the least 'n where 'e is and what 'e tells people. In truth I'd like to know a bit more myself but I'm fine with 'e level I do have being a bit shaky since I'm light on m' feet. If we're being straightforward to me it's the same thing as being blunt. Being deserving of the short end o' da stick is in the perspective of the one getting shafted init?" Graddy admitted.

"If you're asking if I'm the sort that might get an innocent involved due to the hesitation of others yeah it can 'appen if its needed. By the by I try and play nice with others due to being in a group but considering where we're 'eaded no one's going to want to talk things ova and 'old 'ands round a campfiya and sing 'bout how it's a lovely nite n everything's right. Mind you I'm not the type to just up and punch some pintsize in the face cus I'm bored at the same time if I thought you might 'ave been a bandit trying to distract us I wouldn't have trouble sleepin' afta bury a few fingers o steel between yo ribs n armour." Graddy continued tapping his own ribcage with a thumb, "Truth be told we all have something that motivates us, sometimes what motivates me... turns me into a propa arse. But... I get results, I'll think about how that makes me feel when I'm bleed'in out or dyin." he finished his eyes smiling predatorily in the firelight and he smirked slightly.

(OoC: Mechanically NE alignment .> This is fun XD)
Last edited September 17, 2015 5:23 pm
Sep 17, 2015 7:07 pm
"Suffice, I value my honor. Though in my travels I've found "honor" holds different meanings to different people. I will protect my honor but will not hold others to the same."
Last edited September 17, 2015 7:08 pm
Sep 17, 2015 8:04 pm
Garrett will nod, thinking over what he has heard and the fact that he can feel that Graddy is evil, but not Urthask, "Well, I say that we get some rest then, and we can speak more in the morning, it's been a long couple of days," he decides to stick with them for a bit, both because he has nothing to do and because he is interested in what kind of job could bring two people who are so obviously different together, "Which watch do you want me to take?"
Sep 18, 2015 7:17 pm
"Makes no difference to me mate. Which eva makes you 'appy, I guess I'll go first watch meself." Graddy stated poking the fire a bit before stretching in place and rolling his neck. Graddy figured the guy would at least stick around long enough to 'repay' them for the food.

(OoC: NE can stand for Neutral Evil but I like to think of it as Necessary Evil... XD)
Sep 19, 2015 5:20 pm
The night passes and nothing happens throughout the night. In the morning you break camp and continue down the road. You travel a week and meet only travelers along the road until you spot a hooded figure waiting by a boulder next to the road. As you approach the familiar voice of Bane calls out, "I see you found another one of my choices, what held you up Garrett? And since I have used Galena for a separate purpose I thought that I should replace her." Here he makes a small gesture with one hand and a man steps out from the other side of the boulder. "Of course they will both have to sign the contract."
Sep 20, 2015 6:07 am
Stepping around from behind the boulder Cadren looks rather non-threatening as he is to young (18ish years old) and has the complexion of someone in poor health as he is entirely too pale. While he is clearly well muscled it is the physique of someone that has done a lot of physical labor while never having had enough to eat. He wears old, well used, studded leather armor and a curved sword rests comfortably on his hip. He wears the sword with the ease that only comes with years of training and experience. Cadren gives the group a quick once over before turning and addressing Bane, "You know I'll sign your contract, but when the job is done I expect you to hold up your end of the bargain we struck."
Sep 20, 2015 6:17 am
Bane chuckles quietly as he pulls out the contract, "Of course I'll stick to my end of the bargain, I haven't lied to you yet have I? Sign and you will get what is coming to you once this task is completed." Bane will turn his head towards the group that has traveled up the road, "Now the rest of you, any questions that you may have thought of since we last saw each other? This will be the last chance that you get to ask me before you get to the city of Graystone."
Sep 20, 2015 1:39 pm
Garrett will shrug and respond, "Sorry, I got captured by a group of highwaymen. Took a little bit longer than expected to get out of that jam. So long as you keep up your end of the deal and I don't have to go against my oaths I'll keep up with my end."
Sep 20, 2015 5:39 pm
Urthask stares down from atop his bear mount. He salutes the newcomer, "Well met, young warrior! I am Urthask, son of Galazur." The Rider turns his cold gaze on their employer. "Will there be any more surprises from you, Bane? I don't very much like surprises. It wearies one's patience. And trust."
Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm
Garrett I have very little to hold up, if you do what I require the reward will be greater than even the greediest of your companions can imagin." Bane shrugs at Urthask, "This was meant as a good surprise, but there should be no others in the foreseeable future. Cadren here should be quite helpful to you and your endeavors, he is a very versatile young man."
Sep 20, 2015 10:29 pm
Garrett will hold his hand out to Cadren and smile, "Well met Cadren, I look forward to working with you." he will then look over the contract and, seeing that it's all pretty standard, will sign it, nodding to Bane.
Last edited September 20, 2015 10:30 pm
Sep 21, 2015 7:52 pm
Graddy seemed to have gone silent once the work started again of traveling only going over the necessary bits when needed. He raised and eyebrow to the newest of contractors on the job. A bit of a snare curled on his lips with the mention of the 'greediest of the companions'.

"Name's Graddy." Graddy stated to Cadren thumbing over his shoulder, "You're welcome t' a mule if y' don't have a 'orse. Can't 'ave you all tired when we get there." he added.

Looking to Bane Graddy shook his head, "Can't think o something more. Job's pri'ee straight forward if we don't look at the small details and the fatal stuff really. Do'net?" he said with a wry smile.

Bane had coin to shell out a bit, if he was willing to go through this much he was either quite brilliant and cunning, or eccentric and off his rocker. Graddy was looking forward to the pay afterwards either way... he was in truth probably the greediest.

(OoC Welcome to the new player and sizing them up.)
Last edited September 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Rolls

Sense Motive (Sizing him up) - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Perception (Trying to figure out what he's got on him) - (1d20+11)

(20) + 11 = 31

Sep 22, 2015 11:03 pm
Cadren signs the contract and says "Well this should be much more interesting then the last job I worked at any rate". He then turns to the Party and introduces himself, My name is Cadren, nice to meet you all. Then addressing Graddy directly, The mule is much appreciated seeing how I lost my horse on the last job I worked.

As far as gear that he has, the only stand outs are his spell components pouch that is positioned to be at the base of his back under his cloak(wont be seen unless you are looking for/at it or he is actively using it: It is not specifically hidden but he tries not to draw attention to it whenever possible), and the Katana that he has at his side. He also has 5 daggers worn in different spots (only one is worn openly). Everything else seems to be standard adventuring gear.

(OoC: What kind of information were you looking for on the sense motive roll Graddy?)
Sep 23, 2015 12:29 pm
(OoC: Sense Motive is to detect falsehoods and true intentions really so it's literally sizing you up to see your state of mind and mannerisms when talk to the group. I got a general impression I think from what Carden just said and how he said it though.)
Sep 23, 2015 8:17 pm
Result of the Sense motive: He has no obvious mannerisms, State of mind would be exhausted in a word but he speaks clearly and has that gleam of intelligence in his eyes like he knows more then he is letting on but is not outwardly lying about anything.
Sep 24, 2015 1:49 am
Bane looks at the contract and nods almost imperceptibly and turns to leave, "I'll leave you to it then." Bane walks around the boulder and a faint pop is heard.
Sep 24, 2015 5:34 am
Having already made introductions with Cadren, Urthask judges there are no more words to be said. With a nod to the group in general and a pat on his great bear mount's neck, he leads them back on the march.
Sep 24, 2015 1:27 pm
Graddy spurs on his own mount and makes sure the gear and pack mule team not being ridden is following up behind him. Going back to looking around his index finger taps the bow and arrow in his lap. If things went well he wouldn't have to use it until they run into something in the city ruins... otherwise... Graddy ran his tongue across his teeth and he scanned the area.

(OoC: Actively looking around so let me know when I should make a perception check.)
Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm
Garrett follows along with the rest, keeping an eye out for danger, and attempting to make small talk with the others.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.