Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Feb 9, 2016 4:09 pm
Hunter remarks, off-handedly, "What is this, a dagger in distress?"
Feb 9, 2016 4:17 pm
As Mai'ngor's eyes adjust to the dazzling burst of light he is amazed to see the sword is a kris, a longsword with a wavy blade, like the swords of his forefathers. Mai'ngor exults "The Spirits have smiled upon me! Now begone, foul creature!" The tikbalang slashes at the wraith.

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited February 9, 2016 4:39 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+7)

(7) + 7 = 14

radiant damage - (2d8+5)

(84) + 5 = 17

Feb 9, 2016 4:39 pm
Soliin lands a solid blow on the creature and Mai'ngor finishes it off with his glowing blade. It lets out an unearthly scream as it fades away and you are all brought to your knees from the force of the scream.
OOC:
The creature is dead, you have cleared the tomb and earned 400 xp each.
Feb 9, 2016 4:53 pm
As the wraith fades away Mai'ngor rises to his feet as he admires the blade he has claimed. Dawnbringer, it had called itself when it had bonded itself to him. The spirits of his ancestors had smiled upon him indeed! Had they not, he and his companions would surely have perished here in the darkness. "Dawnbringer, you are a sign the sky-gods have not turned their favor from me. I pray it would not be an insult to rename you Sinag - it means 'sun's radiance' in the tongue of my forefathers."
Last edited February 9, 2016 4:54 pm
Feb 9, 2016 4:58 pm
"Well, that went far better than expected...", Soliin says as he begins looking around the room, peering into the sarcophagus.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Feb 9, 2016 5:04 pm
[Note to Jabes]

Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Feb 9, 2016 5:22 pm
"That's it? One sword!" I look jealously towards the horse man fawning all over his prize. Nothing for me? I leave no stone unturned as I search the room for anything else of value.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Perception (using inspiration!) - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Feb 9, 2016 5:39 pm
As Xeliss searches the room she stubs her toe and trips over something in front of the sarcophagus. Looking to see what it was she can't see anything that would have caused her to trip. Reaching out her hand brushes up against something that feels suspiciously like an invisible chest.

Rolls

Soliin Perception - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Feb 9, 2016 6:03 pm
"Glad it was worth your time, horse-man," says Hunter with a nod. She turns and heads back upstairs to rejoin Stool and the others.
Feb 9, 2016 6:39 pm
Soliin can't find anything in the sarcophagus but he does discover that the thin layer of gold that's covering the lid could be pried off and would be worth some good money.
Feb 9, 2016 6:50 pm
Soliin looks around for something to store the gold in (scraps of cloth, a small pot?), and pulls out his dagger to feel off the gold.
Feb 9, 2016 7:47 pm
Before Hunter could leave Mai'ngor speaks, addressing her, Soliin and Xeliss, "My friends, you have all fought bravely. Wo now owe each other our lives. In my hands, Sinag will always fight to protect the three of you. Divide the spoils amongst yourselves. I have been sufficiently rewarded."
Last edited February 9, 2016 8:44 pm
Feb 9, 2016 7:49 pm
"I knew there was a reason I followed you down here Mai'ngor," Soliin says with a half smile. "This gold is worth something; it may be able to help us get back to our own homes back on the surface."
Feb 9, 2016 9:04 pm
"Yes...home..."

Mai'ngor has only spoken of losing his kingdom. He hasn't told anyone of the sky-rock that killed his people and turned his beautiful mountain home into a withered, lifeless wasteland. But one can dream. An impossible victory had been achieved this day, after all.

Mai'ngor returns Soliin's smile. The brave halfling reminds him so much of his halfling squire, Brynn. Mai'ngor wonders what has become of him. He notices Soliin eyeing Shoor Vandree's sword. The tikbalang presents the shortsword hilt-first to the halfling. "True friends are more precious than gold."
Last edited February 9, 2016 9:42 pm
Feb 9, 2016 9:24 pm
Soliin freezes mid scrape. He looks Mai'ngor in the eyes, then back down to the sword. He opens his mouth, but for the first time in a long time, words don't come to him. People don't just hand away treasure, he thinks. There has to be something more to this. He realizes, it's been a long time since he's had anyone to count on. At the very least, Mai'ngor is someone who can help him escape. Helping Mai'ngor means helping himself.

After what seems like ages but is probably only seconds, he takes the short sword and sheaths it. "Twice now you've helped keep me alive. That's more than I can expect of anyone; I'll return the favor," he says curtly, getting back to peeling the cold.
Feb 9, 2016 10:16 pm
After helping Soliin collect the gold, Mai'ngor glances in Xeliss' direction. She appears to be staring at the empty space at her feet. A druid ritual, perhaps? Shrugging, Mai'ngor collects Shoor Vandree's non-magical sword which he had dropped, and ascends the stairs to rejoin the group.

Sneering at Sarith, Elfog, and Eldeth, he says, "I have always known the drow to be cowards, but did not realize dwarves are much the same."
Feb 9, 2016 10:19 pm
As Mai'ngor and Hunter ascend to their traveling companions they look surprised to see them.

"We kind of thought that you'd all be dead by now with that banshee down there," Eldeth admits, obviously referring to the wailing of the wraith.

Stool rushes up to Hunter, relieved to see his friend, "You're alive!" he speaks in your mind and you can feel the happiness rolling off him in waves.

Sarith looks disappointed to see the Tikbalang and half-elf alive but doesn't say anything.
Feb 9, 2016 10:28 pm
Soliin puts one hand and foot on the ladder, looking back at Xeliss. "A share of this gold is yours, for helping. Is something wrong?"
Feb 9, 2016 11:25 pm
Elfog simply returns Mai'ngor's sneer, "You got yerself into that mess, ain't my responsibility to bail ya out!"
OOC:
But he'll gladly take the 400XP!!!
Last edited February 9, 2016 11:25 pm
Feb 9, 2016 11:58 pm
"Fell. Stubbed my toe hard. Just need a moment." I lean down to check on my foot while trying to gauge how large or heavy the chest may be.
load next

Thread locked