A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Jul 31, 2016 10:17 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Jul 31, 2016 10:19 pm
Mathis and a now recovered Father Simon meet up with Joseph he comes out of the Doctor's office.
Jul 31, 2016 11:23 pm
Angel, Harry and Clarissa visit a few random houses, and get one tidbit from a farmer's wife.

"Sometimes, afore someone dies, I heard that a tree would start bleeding and a crowd of whippoorwills would gather in its branches. Starting up such a cry as to raise the dead. A lot of people think the whippoorwills are Sarah's Shade, waiting to feed on the spirit of the dead before it flies up ta Heaven. Now, there weren't no birds in my trees the day my daughter Sally died. She just had that faraway look in her eye and a strange smile on her lips. I asked her why she was carrying such a queer expression and she said something 'bout going home to her momma - but her momma was right here. We found my baby girl in the barn. She'd been running. Fell on a pitchfork and bled to death without a sound. And no damn birds around nowehere's"
Aug 1, 2016 1:43 am
Angel shakes his head as the woman recounts her story. "That's horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss." He clears his throat, shifting a bit uncomfortably in his seat. "Was she a clumsy girl? Accident prone?" Angel shakes his head, wondering why so many children would die in this town.
Aug 1, 2016 12:37 pm
irvanovich sent a note to Knifesedgegames
OOC:
Would you like me to roll for any work done before the storm hits?
Aug 1, 2016 8:55 pm
Aug 1, 2016 8:59 pm
The woman is not eased in her grief by Angel and Clarissa urges you to leave her in peace to continue elsewhere.

The trio learn nothing more and are in fact almost chased off one farmer's property by a gun wielding farmer, angry because, as he puts it, "Those hills are cursed, even the birds and animals stay away from them wooded groves n foul stones. Can't ya see? Ya stirred up the Devil an the ghosts of dead Injuns, an now we gotta pay fer it!"

By mid afternoon, the rain starts to come down heavily and you are forced to take shelter at the diner and wait for the other interviewers to finish off for the day.
Aug 1, 2016 9:20 pm
"Hello Mathis, Father Simon. You gave us quite a scare"

Joseph looks around

"Where are we headed?"
Aug 2, 2016 12:50 pm
OOC:
Hi ho, hi ho...it's off to work I go...

Rolls

Archaeology - (1d100)

(18) = 18

Aug 2, 2016 12:54 pm
"My only goal for the day was to recover the father and get him safely back home. But I suppose since we are here and done fairly early we might to try and research into the things we saw in the woods. Maybe they are a precursory sign of whats going on out here. Perhaps the library?"
Aug 2, 2016 6:05 pm
Aug 2, 2016 6:07 pm
Aug 2, 2016 6:23 pm
Aug 3, 2016 11:26 pm
Aug 4, 2016 12:41 am
Aug 4, 2016 1:27 am
Aug 4, 2016 2:13 am
Aug 4, 2016 3:50 am
Angel wipes rain from his face and looks across the table at Clarissa. "This has been quite the trip, hasn't it? For a second there, I really thought that farmer was going to shoot us." He shakes his head with a laugh, perhaps the first genuine laugh he's let loose in what seems like forever. "So, it appears that the folk here really are a superstitious lot. And, from things I've seen, I'm not entirely sure it's unfounded." He pulls out his notebook, shaking it in a futile attempt to shake some of the damp from it. "What do you think of all this?"
Aug 4, 2016 4:34 pm
"To be honest after last night, a peaceful day in the library sounds ideal to me. What do you think the chances are we can find out what those ..... things where?"
Last edited August 4, 2016 4:37 pm
Aug 4, 2016 4:56 pm
Probably won't find anything directly. Will have to take pieces from one story and add it to another. Probably in things considered "Fiction".
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.