OOC Discussion

load previous
Aug 16, 2015 3:15 am
Yay! Hi ho hi ho it's off to space we go.
Aug 16, 2015 3:19 am
I'm wondering if Seven should try to build Khan a new arm from spare parts lying about the ship... Hmmm.
Aug 16, 2015 6:28 am
I like cybernetics. Robo-arm sounds great.
Aug 17, 2015 10:44 pm
Alrighty, I'll try to move us off to the cruiser so we can jump out. The most likely path the Turtle will take is down the Rimma Trade Route. The nearest planets close to the trade route are Bpfassh and Praesitlyn. If anyone else has suggestions, let me know. What's your preference guys? IMO, difficulty will be the same ... unless you want to go faster.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtl51ckolxugw2f/nearest-rimma.png?dl=1

On a side-note, as is usual about this time of year we hold scheduling meetings to discuss our end-of-year project/work schedule. As a web developer something very annoying happens: everyone who forgot about their project and went on vacation, without leaving a someone in charge of it, will want their project to begin ASAP and be completed by the end of this year. Each year it has been busier than the last—when I started it was just 1 large-scale project that I had to complete by end-of-year. Last year it was 2 large projects that launched simultaneously. This year, I'm certain that we've got 3 lined up plus the chance to add 2 more projects. (These projects are at a scale which usually take months of work apiece.) This is shaping up for epic-scale workload, and I'm hoping not to lose my sanity by the holidays.

I don't know what I'll do around late November as crunch time hits, but I may need to hand off the GM reins to someone else. We might be able to finish this year ... but "best laid plans" and Finagle's Law says it isn't likely. I don't mind that at all. I just don't want to feel like I'm going to let everyone down come the end of the year. To that end, I'm going to try to outline my ideas for the rest of the adventure. That way if I really need the help I won't be dumping a disorganized mess on any volunteers.
Aug 18, 2015 9:26 am
Khan's going to refer back to his previous statement and let the crew decide where their ship is going. All that matters to him is that we're there for the conference on time.
Aug 18, 2015 1:51 pm
Mado's just a pilot at this stage. He's happy to be off that rock, and sees his job as taking the ship to where those kind enough to let him fly it want it taken.
Aug 18, 2015 2:50 pm
I've posted a side mission to Bpfaash. However, I'm entirely confused about who are long term crew and who aren't, haha. We had some back and forth, but not sure that we finalized.

Wuc'vulog is a crewman of the Turtle, doctor and gunner.
Rexi and Callie are either a crewmembers or passengers, but not sure what was decided.
Glen was the pilot, but he is NPC'd.
Valoris and Pepra, I never really got it straight if they were working for Eliasan only, or were Turtlers first.
Mado and Seven are new obviously.
Last edited August 18, 2015 5:32 pm
Aug 18, 2015 5:22 pm
I am a new guy working as a bodyguard for Eliasan. She's the one who contacted the Turtle about a ride. Pepra was an employee at Eliasan's lab if I remember correctly (though he's also been NPCed as well). This is why I was confused about Calista saying she's always telling Khan to not be so brash.
Aug 19, 2015 3:13 am
Seven is along for the ride at this point. He's been dying to be a part of a crew so he'll probably agree to just about anything.
Aug 19, 2015 6:51 pm
I figured that Callista was already a member of the crew. Helping out with small things here and there, when her skills would be appropriate.
Aug 19, 2015 9:20 pm
Khan isn't though. He's never met anyone until just now.
Aug 19, 2015 9:21 pm
That was actually the first time he ever spoke to Callista, unless they knew each other before now through some merc market type stuff. Actually, Let's go with that. That sounds like it'd be cool to work out.
Aug 20, 2015 1:16 am
KennyGardnerIII says:
That was actually the first time he ever spoke to Callista, unless they knew each other before now through some merc market type stuff. Actually, Let's go with that. That sounds like it'd be cool to work out.
I'm cool with that. They've worked together at least once before, I'd wager. Brawn and stealth go together well sometimes ^_^
Aug 22, 2015 9:38 pm
I had to look it up, but it is an easy astrogation check to plot the hyperspace jump. The jump will take 18 hours till arrival. I'll post the scene for scanning the turtle shortly.
Aug 23, 2015 12:04 am
Mado has 3 Int and no training in Astrogation, so if someone else is better at this they should do the check (why take risks when you don't have to).
Aug 29, 2015 2:11 pm
Well, Seven has 4 Int but no training either. I though Rexi had training, but I was wrong. So either of you make the check and we'll jump to hyperspace.
Aug 29, 2015 2:26 pm
Done. Hopefully I did the roll correctly :)
Sep 6, 2015 4:02 am
Int+Med = 4+2, +1 wounds healed from Surgeon Talent. Let me know if there any complications or assets to the roll.
Sep 6, 2015 7:07 pm
Difficulty is equal to the Crit Rating, which is 3. No complications. You have 1 asset, a spray applicator commonly used for bacta; if you're successful, I'll allow for a Resilience check much like for bacta/long-term care with a boost. Also, Wuc'vulog won't know it, but it contains her experimental bacta replacement. Thematically, you'd use it after closing the wound to help it heal faster.

Eliasan's success grants you 1 boost die in your check. So 3 difficulty dice, 1 boost in addition to your normal pool.
Sep 7, 2015 6:34 pm
I don't think I read the rules closely enough the other day. However, I'm going rule that if the Medicine check for treating a critical hit is equal to or greater than a check for healing that person and you succeed, the critical is removed and the PC is healed (as normal); upon failure, the PC only recovers 1 wound (plus any talent bonuses) and can recover strain for each advantage rolled.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.