Oct 22, 2015 6:03 pm
Come on...big money big money!!!

Rolls

You are my Density!!

1 Black Force Point

Oct 22, 2015 9:52 pm
Soooooo much dark side.
Oct 22, 2015 10:04 pm
Yeah c'mon people. I wanted to not feel guilty burning a Destiny to use Sense.
Oct 22, 2015 10:05 pm
"Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"
Oct 22, 2015 10:09 pm
I think I can hear our GM's maniacal laughter from my house.
Oct 22, 2015 10:24 pm
Heh, this'll be good. Candi, you wanna spend that last light-side point for me? 😉

Also, I realized that I rolled obligation and forgot to write it down, or even post it here. So here's another obligation roll...

Edit: that roll landed right on Callista Firin (Criminal). Since EldritchFire hasn't checked in, guess I better PM him before settling on that.

Rolls

Obligatometer - (1d100)

(42) = 42

Oct 27, 2015 1:01 am
Here's what you know as a player. Only Wuc'vulog currently knows the full details, IIRC. (1, 2)

You're searching for an experimental, antique proton pump used in the first disruptor prototype. It was large and overly powerful and wanted by someone for study. The interested party is unknown, but represented by an immaculately dressed devaronian named Max. The proton pump was believed lost till a private collection on Bpfassh was broken into, and the pump was stolen. The collection's owner is reputed to be linked to a criminal organization like Black Sun. The reward for this proton pump is said to be 40,000Cr or more.

You have several options to track down the proton pump. You could use Lore to research/recall the origins of the disruptor rifle and its early prototype. You could use Underworld to try and research who actually had the private collection that was pilfered, and who they're affiliated with. You could use Streetwise to try and intuit how you could approach said being for info, or to try and get a feel for the word on the street. You could also use Computers to try and find reports, and research what happened (electronically) and see if there are any traces there.

This will not be fast or without risk. This'll take you guys making a pretty coordinated effort, using your skills to try and find anything so you can find out who stole the pump, and where they've gone. If/when you guys succeed you can grant a boost to your compatriots' checks, which'll probably be necessary.

How do you guys want to approach this situation?

As an aside, I haven't had a response from EldritchFire yet, including from emailing him. We may need to drop him and Sandchigger, which puts us without our thief and without our scoundrel. :/
Oct 27, 2015 1:38 am
So are we going to look for the chemicals first or the proton pump?
Oct 27, 2015 1:40 am
The hardest difficulty for the chemicals is 2 purple for the chemicals. You can pretty easily scare those up.
Oct 27, 2015 1:43 am
You could bump those up up to reds so we can flip those destiny points!
Oct 29, 2015 1:40 am
I heard back from EldritchFire, and he's out. I'll check with Sandchigger too, but as they're friends I figure he's out too.
Oct 29, 2015 1:47 am
No dark side cookies for him!
Nov 24, 2015 10:02 am
Rusted had mentioned on page to that the difficulty of such a check was 2 purple I think:

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1102/?p=30508#p30508
Nov 26, 2015 4:22 pm
Thanks!. I'll edit my post now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Nov 30, 2015 6:18 pm
Forgot about this over the holiday. I hope everyone who celebrated, enjoyed their Thanksgiving.

Well, with 1 advantage I really don't know what to give you. How about a boost to a streetwise check to find an infochant? That sounds like it'd be a good idea, and I'd give it probably 1 purple die for difficulty.
Dec 4, 2015 12:07 pm
In the interest of keeping things going forward, I've taken up that check (hopefully that's ok).
Dec 8, 2015 2:20 am
Thanks Candi!
Jan 5, 2016 2:40 pm
When and how is strain recovered? I have Balance, which lets me recover strain equal to the LP on a force dice roll at the end of an encounter, but what counts as the 'end of an encounter'? Would we have recovered strain after the chem restocking?
Jan 6, 2016 11:23 pm
I had to research this and I found the answe on pg 220 in the EotE core rules:
Quote:
Recovering from strain is easy. Taking a moment to catch your breath, eating a good meal, or relaxing with friends are ways a PC might recover strain.

At the end of each encounter, each player may make a simple discipline or cool check. Each success recovers one strain. Furthermore, a good night's rest generally recovers all strain.
That's slightly trimmed and paraphrased. According to how the GM section deals with campaign planning, etc, it looks like encounters are just scenes. So that'd mean an encounter is a specific scene within the session. Doesn't fully translate to PbP but I get the idea.

Because your in the bar, the encounter will likely end once you negotiate with the infochant.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.