OOC Discussion

load previous
Sep 18, 2015 1:00 am
Should we hop forward to Bpfassh? It doesn't look like you guys are much into the chit-chat.
Sep 18, 2015 1:40 am
am i conscious? i thought i was still out from surgery.
Sep 18, 2015 1:46 am
Assume that Wuc'vulog administered a stimulant to bring you out of the anesthesia.
Sep 18, 2015 2:01 am
New complication, addicted to death sticks.
Sep 18, 2015 5:40 pm
"You don't want to sell me death sticks."
Sep 18, 2015 5:52 pm
"I don't want to sell you death sticks."
Sep 26, 2015 9:01 pm
I'm starting to hit the limits of my experience as a GM.

I need help with you guys interacting with one another. I can keep posting to propel the story forward, but I feel that puts me rather than you players into the spotlight. At this point you guys are safe in hyperspace and have time to establish yourselves in character. All the obligatory GM-stuff is complete, and we can move on whenever y'all are ready.

What do you guys want to do?
Sep 26, 2015 9:50 pm
Is sandchigger still playing? I may have missed a post.

Anyway, I'll start the ball rolling...
Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm
Generally, as a GM, I let players interact for as long as they seem to be, and when things slow down, I push the primary plot along. If players start interacting unexpectedly, I slow the plot down and let them build relationships. Every group is different. Some will spend a whole session (4 or 5 pages in PbF) bantering and getting characters engaged. Others won't post a thing if there isn't a GM-established conflict to deal with. In general, and in PbF in particular, I find it best to focus (as a GM) on propelling the plot forward. When things slow down, move them along. Use rich NPCs to show players that they can (if they're comfortable) elaborate on their character and interact outside the primary narrative. Beyond that, notice when things are slow and move the plot forward otherwise the game can fizzle out and fade away.

In this case, I'd say lets move the plot along.
Oct 3, 2015 2:23 pm
Okay everyone, my plan is to start a new IC thread for part 1.1 which begins on Bpfassh since that seems to be our destination. To that end: everyone mark 20 xp, you can level up your characters and buy new talents/specializations now if you wish. Please post character changes in the character creation subforum so I can review them, but don't think that I'm demanding approval rights. (Do what you want, I just need to know what changed.)
Oct 3, 2015 2:37 pm
Thank you.
Oct 3, 2015 2:43 pm
You guys earned it. We dealt with quite a lot over this last "arc". I tallied a bit from memory: a heist, a distraction/scam, hacking a planetary government's spaceport, hacking launch control, not just one but two firefights with Imperials, a chase, and even got/healed our first critical. That's quite a lot in my book.

I'm planning to give out XP more regularly from here on out.
Oct 3, 2015 3:24 pm
Sorry I've been out! Real life has gotten in the way. I'll be able to mix it up again tomorrow or Monday.
Oct 21, 2015 11:37 am
I haven't had time to reread the section on spending force points yet, but I should have enough time to review it tonight. I think if you spend dark side pips that something happens. I just don't recall what off the top of my head.
Oct 21, 2015 12:34 pm
I had wondered for what purpose there was a L/D difference.
Oct 22, 2015 1:36 am
Okay, I just realized while reading the rules that we haven't rolled for destiny points yet. Everyone roll 1 force die (white) and we'll tally up the destiny pool!

Sidebar: in EotE, only light side pips can be used to activate powers freely. However, you can choose to tap the dark side pips by flipping an equal number of destiny points, and taking an equal amount of stress, to how many dark side pips you want to tap. So, unless you want to spend destiny points and stress to activate your Sense power, Mado is out of luck at the moment. Or, I'll have something interfere story-wise.
Oct 22, 2015 7:14 am
Well, I'll see how the Destiny pool looks then... Also, I don't think we can add a roll in this thread.
Oct 22, 2015 1:01 pm
Strange, I don't remember disabling that. You can roll now.
Oct 22, 2015 1:10 pm
Rolling for Destiny pool

Rolls

Destiny roll

1 Black Force Point

Oct 22, 2015 1:34 pm
For DESTINY!

Rolls

Destiny

2 White Force Points

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.