Prologue: Initiation

load previous
Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm
Weird noises? What kind of weird noises? Englefeldt says as he looks around the barn. He pokes his head in only, looking about, before heading toward the back along the outside.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Apr 24, 2018 5:13 pm
Seraphina goes in the front with Krogir-Vaam, a couple steps behind. She has her shield out and sling drawn and loaded, and she squints suspiciously at everything as if walking into a mimic farm.
OOC:
Sick today, crawling back in bed. Will try to post tomorrow!

Rolls

perception - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Apr 28, 2018 6:46 pm
Seraphina and Krogir-Vaam move to the inside of the barn and begin looking about, but don't immediately spot anything as they move about the interior. They spot some tracks in the slightly dusty interior, but they could just as easily be Mister Woodward's as they could be from an intruder.

Inside are a number of farming implements; hoes, wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, etc. You also see that one corner of the barn is empty and there are a couple of planks and a hammer sitting on the ground next to it. It appears that the wood in the corner is rotted and Mister Woodward is going to be replacing it.

As she digs deeper into the stuff in the barn, she sees what looks like a bone sticking out from under a tarp in the corner. Looking under the tarp, she sees a pile of human bones, slightly gnawed on, but lacking even a hint of flesh.

Englefeldt moves around the back after a quick look inside and hears Mister Woodward following behind him, "Scraping, stomping, and some sort of weird talkin."

Rolls

Stealth? - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Attack w/ advantage - (1d20+4, 1d20+4, 1d4+2)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

1d4+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Apr 28, 2018 6:53 pm
As Englefeldt is looking around the back side of the barn, something suddenly slams into his back, sending him staggering forward. He turns to see Mister Woodward's face transforming. Sharp teeth begin to fill his mouth and his eyes take on a reddish tint and grow larger. Seraphina and Krogir-Vaam don't hear the attack happening outside.

"Dinner time," the monster hisses softly as it moves in closer for another attack.

Rolls

Mister Woodward Initiative - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Party Initiative - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Apr 28, 2018 6:56 pm
Round One: Mister Woodward
Mister Woodward advances once more upon Englefeldt and launches a swing at the scholar's face, looking to take him down. Englefeldt manages to just barely duck back from the blow and feels a rush of wind over his head as the fist passes inches from his nose.

Battlefield Features:
Assorted farming implements inside the barn (Pretty much anything within reason)
Slightly rotted wall of the barn - Marked by a dotted border in the northwest corner

Map
OOC:
We can probably assume that Englefeldt cries out a warning as this happens if you'd like, so the two inside will be aware of trouble outside

Player turn!

Rolls

Attack on Englefeldt - (1d20+4, 1d4+2)

1d20+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d4+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Apr 29, 2018 6:42 am
Krogir-Vaam unslings his maul and turns, plodding his way outside for the noise of trouble. Looking for culprits, he heads directly for any conflict.
OOC:
Using my movement to get into the thick of things, Dash if necessary.
Apr 29, 2018 2:27 pm
Seraphina scurries after Krogir-Vaam as fast as her little legs can carry her, biting her lip in a look of concern.
OOC:
If Seraphina can get within 30 feet and line of sight with anything that looks hostile, she'll loose a stone from her sling. I'll include a roll for expedience's sake.

If I can't get within 30 feet or line of sight, I'll use dash to keep up with Krogir-Vaam, but only to get within 30 feet of a hostile.

Rolls

Maybe a sling attack (bludgeoning, 30/120 range) - (1d20+3, 1d4+1)

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d4+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

Apr 29, 2018 5:34 pm
Round One: Krogir-Vaam and Seraphina
Krogir-Vaam and Seraphina rush outside to see what the trouble is and see that Englefeldt and Mister Woodward seem to be in a fight for their life. Mister Woodward's features are distorted and you can see he has fangs and red glowing eyes now.

Krogir-Vaam moves to close the distance, getting nearly there as Seraphina's sling bullet goes flying by him, narrowly missing Mister Woodward as he lunges for Englefeldt again.

Battlefield Features:
Assorted farming implements inside the barn (Pretty much anything within reason)
Slightly rotted wall of the barn - Marked by a dotted border in the northwest corner

Foes
Mister Woodward: No damage

Map
OOC:
Englefeldt still has a turn remaining
Apr 29, 2018 6:07 pm
"What the fuck, Mister Woodward!? We're gonna burn your gods-dammed barn to ground if you hurt a hair on his head!"

And to Englefeldt, telepathically :

Frosty Grip his ass!
Apr 30, 2018 3:09 pm
Englefeldt leaps backwards, trying his best to avoid taking another swipe!

I need to be away from that beast's claws to do much good with my spells! he says as he runs past Krogir

Taking action to Disengage. Moving
3/6 HP | 10 AC
Apr 30, 2018 3:37 pm
Round One: Englefeldt
Wanting to get out of the monster's reach, Englefeldt turns and runs, darting past Krogir-Vaam.

Battlefield Features:

Foes

Map
Apr 30, 2018 3:38 pm
Round Two: Mister Woodward
Mister Woodward's distorted face turns to Krogir-Vaam and smiles, "A big snack first, then!" he cackles, moving to swing at the goliath. His arm strikes Krogir-Vaam in the face hard with a heavy thud.

Battlefield Features:

Foes

Map
OOC:
Player Turn!

Rolls

Attack on Krogir-Vaam - (1d20+4, 1d4+2)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

1d4+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Apr 30, 2018 4:41 pm
Krogir-Vaam reels, the impact much more than he expected. "That hurt," he says, retaliating with a swing of his maul.

Rolls

Maul, Bludgeoning Damage - (1d20+3, 2d6+1)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

2d6+1 : (16) + 1 = 8

Apr 30, 2018 5:39 pm
Englefeldt's eyes glaze over a pale blue white as silvery swirls of fog roll down his arms. His hands trace a circle in the air before he thrusts one hand up, clenching as if grabbing something. Bevroren vuist! he calls out, causing a ghostly skeletal hand to swirl up out of the ground at Woodward's feet.

Casting chill touch. Necrotic damage and can't regain HP until my next turn on hit. If the target is undead, it has D/A on attacks against me until my next turn as well.
3/6 HP | 10 AC
Last edited April 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Rolls

Chill Touch - (1d20+3, 1d8)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

1d8 : (7) = 7

Apr 30, 2018 7:39 pm
Round Two: Krogir and Englefeldt
Krogir retaliates strongly, striking the 'old man' in his chest. You hear a loud crack as the weapon strikes, but it doesn't really seem to slow him down all that much.

Englefeldt's skeletal hand seizes Mister Woodward and his flesh around the area begins to rot, but he remains standing.

Battlefield Features:

Foes
Mister Woodward: 15 damage

Map
OOC:
Seraphina's turn is next!

Also, Englefeldt should have 3 HP left. You have it listed as 6 on your stats blurb :)
Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm
OOC:
Fixed. i had put that in and then left the page and had to rebuild my post and forgot to change it. lol
May 1, 2018 1:14 am
Seraphina sees KV take a deep wound, and her protective instincts override her self-preservation instincts. She charges forward, sling whistling. She looses her stone, and then in one swift motion stashes her sling in her belt while closing toward the enemy, her wooden shield breaking the wind as she charged.
OOC:
Action: sling attack. Move 25 feet toward Woodward. Interaction to stow sling.

HP: 8/8, AC 16

Rolls

Sling! - (1d20+3, 1d4+1)

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d4+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

May 1, 2018 4:19 pm
Round Two: Seraphina
Her rush of movement throwing her aim off slightly, the stone from Seraphina's sling goes sailing right past Mister Woodward's ear.

Battlefield Features:

Foes

Map
OOC:
So close to hitting, again!

Enemy Turn!
May 1, 2018 5:12 pm
Round Three: Mister Woodward
Mister Woodward smells blood and continues his vicious assault on Krogir. This time he catches Krogir on the side of the head with a tremendous amount of force.

Battlefield Features:

Foes

Map
OOC:
Player Turn!

Krogir: Don't forget about your Goliath damage reduction ability!

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4, 1d4+2)

1d20+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

1d4+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

May 1, 2018 5:32 pm
OOC:
I have AC 11; Hide armor (12) + Dex (-1). But I did forget about Stone's Endurance!
Krogir-Vaam flinches, just enough to recoil out of the way of the heavy fist. With a grunt, he twists his body to bring the maul around for another blow.
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/7046/
Last edited May 1, 2018 5:33 pm

Rolls

Maul, Bludgeoning Damage - (1d20+3, 2d6+1)

1d20+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

2d6+1 : (11) + 1 = 3

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.