Prologue: Initiation

load previous
May 19, 2018 6:27 pm
Fair enough Seraphina. I agree, by the way. Let's see how this goes.... he says, allowing his voice to trail off as he moves next to Krogir, waiting for the door to be answered.
May 20, 2018 2:54 am
Krogir-Vaam knocks on the door... using his portable ram.
May 20, 2018 3:25 am
The door opens and you see Drek standing in the doorway, "Ah, ye're back. Well, come on in," he says, leading you to his small office, "So, what did you find?"
May 20, 2018 7:31 am
"Mister Woodward," says Krogir-Vaam, following Drek into the office. "Smashed him."
May 21, 2018 5:20 pm
Krogir is right, in the barest of sense Drek. Turns out that Mister Woodward, the proper Mister Woodward, was killed not too long ago. A nasty shapeshifting creature of some sort had taken his place and used the story of sounds and what not to lure us out there as food. We managed to kill the creature off, though it got a few good blows in. Englefeldt says, absent-mindedly rubbing his ribs where he'd taken a hit.

We brought the remains of what we figured was Mister Woodward, hoping a priest may be able to help verify our findings. Krogir here also brought back the body of the beast that had been playing Mister Woodward, so anyone with knowledge of such devilry could study him - er - it, as well.
May 21, 2018 8:46 pm
When Krogir first tells Drek what happens, his jaw drops and his face turns an angry red. He looks like he's about to shout, until Englefeldt is able to speak and tell him what happened in detail. After listening, Drek nods, "I ken understand that, I think. Unfortunate, it be, but it kinna be helped. I ken fetch Linnel and see if she's able ta contact Mister Woodward's spirit ta git some answers."

"Any of ye badly wounded? Linnel's a good hand for healin', too," he says, looking at your disheveled appearances.
May 21, 2018 8:56 pm
Krogir-Vaam feels his face, as though reminded of the wicked bruise he suffered. "Yes."
May 26, 2018 7:19 pm
"Wait here," Drek says, leaving the room. He returns a short time later with a beautiful, and very tall, elf in tow. He's dressed in pure white and loose fitting clothes. She spends some time gently tending to all of your wounds.
OOC:
You're fully healed!
Once you're tended to, she heads outside and inspects the corpse of "Mister Woodward". Shaking her head, she returns inside, "Nothing I've seen before," she says in a soft, lyrical voice, "We'll have to get some experts out here to take a look. For now, get some rest, you've earned it."
OOC:
Advance to level 1! Gain one point to place in any ability score you want to :-)

Add your level 1 HP onto whatever you had before
May 26, 2018 8:55 pm
When everyone emerges from the tower of the Ebongarde, they see that Seraphina has been working hard to place wards around the dead body of the monster. She has surrounded the body in hazia petals and placed smooth stones over its eyes, including its third eye. She has spoken the solemn words of the Ghostwise that her mother's mother taught her.

The mule is grazing gently by the side of the road, and Seraphina is brushing the nettles from its tangled, matted hair.

"I'm gonna call him Moonbeam!" she says excitedly to her compatriots.
OOC:
What a rough week. Put a smile on my face when I logged in to see we advanced to level 1! Thanks Naat. Seraphina is now a Ranger!
May 29, 2018 2:14 pm
Many thanks ma'am. That was, that was some kind of special magic, to be sure. Englefeldt says, feeling very refreshed.
OOC:
I will deal with leveling up a bit later today. Need to refresh myself on my plan!
May 29, 2018 6:47 pm
Krogir-Vaam takes his rest where he can, going so far as to sit on the floor of Drek's office.
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/7046/
OOC:
Using the ideas in the OOC thread, I took Fell Handed for the maul, with the +1 attack bonus. Took Fighter as my class.
May 29, 2018 7:08 pm
OOC:
Yes! As a reminder:
Experts end up with one more skill than normal, Adepts end up with one more cantrip than normal, and Warriors get to pick a single effect from one of those UA feats to receive as a bonus

Len

May 29, 2018 10:22 pm
OOC:
Effects are only for melee weapons, or can I choose a ranged weapon?
Last edited May 29, 2018 10:23 pm
Jun 4, 2018 8:38 pm
lenpelletier says:
OOC:
Effects are only for melee weapons, or can I choose a ranged weapon?
OOC:
Wow, I missed this! Did you have any idea what you want to pick? I'm not opposed to ranged weapons getting a cool effect :)

Len

Jun 4, 2018 11:01 pm
OOC:
No worries! I guess i'd go with the sling and keep it simple with a +1 bonus

Len

Jun 17, 2018 2:03 am
OOC:
If you guys don't mind I'll switch up the Warrior bonus to a melee weapon after all. I'll go with the +1 to short swords.
Jun 17, 2018 2:06 am
"Say, Drek" Seraphina calls out. "What's the law say about Woodward's farm? It ours now? We killed his murderer, fair and square. Did the community a service. Probably saved some kids from being breakfast!"
Last edited June 17, 2018 2:07 am
Jun 17, 2018 2:54 am
Say, a farm of our own would be a lovely place to do more magical studying. I am interested to know that as well.
Jun 23, 2018 5:56 am
Drek scratches his shaggy beard and cocks his head to the side, "Well," he says thoughtfully, "I don't think he had any family to take it over... You'd have to ask the mayor about that, I think."
Jun 23, 2018 6:56 am
"We farmers now?" Krogir-Vaam asks, an honest question in his tone.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.