Prologue: Initiation

load previous
May 1, 2018 10:22 pm
As Mister Woodward dodges under Krogir-Vaam's mighty sledge, Seraphina darts underneath, drawing her shortsword. She lets loose a mighty war scream (which sounds like an angry My Little Pony character) and stabs at that mean old Mister Woodward.

"DON'T YOU HURT MY FRIEND!"

Rolls

Shortsword (piercing) - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

1d6+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

May 2, 2018 1:53 am
I said, bevroren vuist you damned fiend! BEVROREN VUIST! he says, feeling the pain in his ribs as he raises his hands again, sending another chilly grip at the man.

Casting chill touch. Necrotic damage and can't regain HP until my next turn on hit. If the target is undead, it has D/A on attacks against me until my next turn as well.
3/6 HP | 10 AC

Rolls

Chill Touch - (1d20+3, 1d8)

1d20+3 : (10) + 3 = 13

1d8 : (7) = 7

May 2, 2018 5:28 pm
Round Three: Players
Krogir's avoidance of the blow throws off his aim and his swing goes wide of the target.

Seraphina stabs at the monstrous form of Mister Woodward, but he is quicker than he would appear and manages to twist out of the way of the attack.

He has less luck against Englefeldt's magical attack as the ghostly hand wraps around his neck and begins rotting the flesh there. After a couple moments of this, the glow leaves his eyes and he falls limply to the ground.

Battlefield Features:
Assorted farming implements inside the barn (Pretty much anything within reason)
Slightly rotted wall of the barn - Marked by a dotted border in the northwest corner

Foes
Mister Woodward: DEAD

Map
OOC:
You won!
May 2, 2018 5:36 pm
Krogir-Vaam lifts his maul high, ready to smash should the need arise. "Report Mister Woodward for sneaking," he intones, "or wallop."
May 2, 2018 8:05 pm
We should check to see if he has anything on his person that needs to be collected. Make sure no one is in the house proper. Englefeldt says as he tenderly touches his ribs. After that, you can certainly wallop.
May 7, 2018 8:36 pm
You look over the body and find nothing of value, but you do find the severed finger of an old man in a pouch at its side.

Looking through the barn, you find the set of bones that Seraphina had stumbled upon before (make me a medicine check!) and find them gnawed upon, but bereft of any flesh.

The house has little of real value; pots and pans, well-worn clothing, a hammer, needle and thread, and a pouch containing 7 gp, 12 sp, and 26 cp in it.
May 7, 2018 11:07 pm
Seraphina strikes up a convo with Englefeldt after searching the place from top to bottom.

"Okay, so you're pretty smart. Tell me, how do we explain to the guild that Mister Woodward was actually the monster? I mean, they might think we just killed him. Which we did, of course. But he deserved it."

"Also, according to the law, how to we go about acquiring this farm? I mean, it would be convenient if he had a will lying around that bequeathed it to his dear friend Englefeldt, dontcha think?"

She gives Englefeldt an exaggerated wink.

"We can sell it! Or rent it? Or at least turn it into our headquarters. Every adventuring team worth its salt has a headquarters!"
Last edited May 7, 2018 11:10 pm

Rolls

medicine - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

May 7, 2018 11:09 pm
"Hey Krogir-Vaam, how close are you to buying that armor in town you were looking at?"

To everyone, she says:

"I make a motion to invest the proceeds from this adventure into upgrading our heavy-hitter's armor!"
May 7, 2018 11:28 pm
Krogir-Vaam looks at the face of the deceased Mister Woodward, as his brain attempts to resolve the question of whether or not the farmer still looks human. His maul is put away, and regardless of his rudimentary visual assessment, he grabs the corpse's foot and begins to drag the body around to the front of the barn.
Last edited May 7, 2018 11:29 pm
May 7, 2018 11:48 pm
As Seraphina looks the bones over, she makes the connection that they seem relatively fresh and that they appear to be about the right size for someone of Mister Woodward's stature...
May 8, 2018 2:23 am
I think we start by bringing the bones back. I'm sure that someone else in town would have magics that can get information from them. I know Horatio had been corresponding with some old cleric he'd adventured with ages ago. Seems the priest had found a way to speak to dead bodies. If we could find a priest like that, they could maybe do the same! he says, excitedly. And it would be very nice to have a quaint little farm all our own. At least a place to sleep, and where Krogir could train some. We should ask back in town! I could build my own library some day....
May 10, 2018 8:36 pm
OOC:
Heading straight back to town now?
May 10, 2018 9:09 pm
Krogir-Vaam follows everyone when it's time to return to town, and he drags the corpse by the leg the entire way.
May 12, 2018 6:53 pm
Seraphina finds a cart and an crotchety old mule in the barn* and loads up the bones into the cart. Krogir-Vaam seems content to drag the monster's corpse back to town on his own. She tries feeding it a few vegetables she's found lying around the root cellar to coax it into helping them.

As they're loading up the bones, she asks Englefeldt "Hey, how come you didn't figure out Mr. Woodward was the monster? Aren't you supposed to be really smart or something? And hey - why didn't you use your Frosty Grip spell?"
* does 'contains pretty much anything within reason' still apply? :)

Rolls

Animal handling - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

May 13, 2018 12:17 am
Should there be a lack of a mule, Krogir-Vaam takes the role of pack animal and pulls the cart. He doesn't seem inconvenienced, thanks to his powerful build.
May 13, 2018 1:05 am
Seraphina doesn't find the mule in the shed, but out back chewing on grass. It seems that the creature had a preference for humanoid flesh or it probably would have eaten the mule, too.

As you head back into town, you draw the attention of some villagers who are confused by seeing you with Woodward's mule and cart, but don't really ask any questions. Eventually, you reach the tower of the Ebongarde.
May 13, 2018 1:09 am
Krogir-Vaam drops the corpse's leg and readies his portable ram to knock open the door.
May 18, 2018 6:36 pm
OOC:
How do you approach? Do you leave the cart with the body outside or do you post a guard at the body?
May 18, 2018 8:51 pm
Krogir-Vaam doesn't think anything about guarding the wagon nor the body, and walks right up to the door to knock forcefully.
May 19, 2018 4:24 am
"I'll stay here while you two go in. Englefeldt, you should really get to know Krogir-Vaam if we're going to be working together. This might be a nice chance to find common ground."

Seraphina goes back to petting the mule.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.