Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Dec 20, 2018 5:11 pm
Mordred's arrow vanishes into the smoke, missing the priest.

Zangua, are you trying to use your glaive to make the cabinet move/fall in front of the priest?
Dec 20, 2018 5:33 pm
OOC:
My original intent was to just stick it in the priest's way, like making a primitive restraint.
Dec 20, 2018 6:41 pm
Are you planting the glaive in the cabinet and leaving it behind? Sorry, just trying to be totally clear here...
Dec 20, 2018 7:06 pm
OOC:
Yes, I'm willing to abandon the glaive if it helps delay the priest's escape.
Dec 20, 2018 11:44 pm
Zangua jams his glaive into the cabinet and runs for it. Domarc shoos him and Leth up the stairs while he stays at the bottom. Aeron sits up slowly from his recumbent pose, half on the ground and half leaning against the cabinet, the interdicting polearm speared through his robe. The joists are burning well now, and chunks of burning wood are falling to the ground along with the rats, filling the basement up with caustic smoke.

You're the show, Domarc!
Dec 21, 2018 8:36 pm
OOC:
Oof, sorry everybody, holiday busyness got the best of me, and probably will keep doing so for the next couple weeks as I go out of town. I know I've been pretty unreliable lately and for that I sincerely apologize.
Leth sheaths his swords and makes sure to grab his dropped bow on his way out of the room, holding his cloak over his face to try and avoid breathing too much smoke as he begins going up the stairs, not taking any time to question Domarc or Mordred's decisions.
Dec 28, 2018 5:53 pm
Oh crap, sorry with the busyness of the holidays, life got a little hectic. Sorry everyone! Things should steady down in the New Year

Satisfied that everyone is out of the basement, Domarc too begins up the stairs, turning at the last moment. "Let's see if we can make you warm for the rest of your life," he says, casting fireball at Aeron before finishing running out of the room.

Rolls

Fireball - (8d6)

(61142255) = 26

Dec 31, 2018 6:02 pm
Happy New Year everybody, game will resume later this week!
Jan 5, 2019 12:43 am
Domarc casts Fireball into the burning basement, centering the blast on the priest. As the raging ball of flame explodes into being, searing winds buffet the party as they make their way back up to the ground floor.

Smoke is filling the priest's quarters. The main room of the holy house is choked with flame and smoke, made exponentially worse by the addition of Domarc's Fireball. There's a small shuttered window high up on the wall, but the only other exit is through the main room and out the front door.
Jan 5, 2019 12:57 am
Zangua heads for the front door, trying to clear a path for the others by shouldering or kicking aside anything that might impede their way.

Rolls

Athletics? - (1d20+8)

(5) + 8 = 13

Jan 6, 2019 4:26 am
Leth follows closely behind Zanuga, eager to get outside and in some fresh air.
Jan 7, 2019 2:31 pm
Felor follows the others towards the main exit.
Jan 7, 2019 5:04 pm
Mordred runs through the main room of the church, clearing the way as best he can.

Once again, Mordred tries to be first through, moving anything flaming out of the way, if possible, due to his Fire Resistance.
Jan 7, 2019 6:16 pm
Domarc comes charging through towards the door, singing the translated lyrics to an almost unknown dwarven song

Oh let's go, let's strike a light
It's gonna burn like anthracite
I don't care if it takes all night
I'm gonna set this town alight
Last edited January 7, 2019 6:18 pm
Jan 7, 2019 6:36 pm
Exiting the holy house through the main entrance will require an Athletics check in order to stay on the remaining support beams and avoid weak or missing floorboards.

Zangua charges through the inferno. He nearly slips as his ankle rolls on a smoldering beam that sags under his weight, but he springs to the door and falls through it, shoulder-first, tumbling out into the clean air.
Jan 7, 2019 6:43 pm
Zangua plants his heels to stop his skid, and doubles back to the entrance. He holds a hand out for his companions to assist them in leaving, hoping they at least manage to reach him.
Jan 7, 2019 6:51 pm
Zangua catches a fleeting glimpse of the crowd gathered around the burning holy house as he quickly doubles back, ducking low and covering his face against the black smoke billowing out of the open door.
Jan 7, 2019 6:58 pm
Can I make an Acrobatics check instead to get out the small window?

Rolls

If YES, go to page Acrobatics - (1d20+6)

(11) + 6 = 17

If NO, go to page Athletics - (1d20-1)

(11) - 1 = 10

Jan 7, 2019 10:34 pm
Felor makes for the door as best he can, wishing he knew some sort of smoke-clearing incantation.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

load next

Thread locked