Chapter 7: To Gravenhollow

load previous
Jan 17, 2018 9:32 pm
As you get up and begin to look around, one of the guards rushes up to you. You recall that his name is Devin, a short, stocky human with red hair and freckles all over his face. He stops as he reaches your group and salutes, "I'm sorry to report that Wayne and Garth have disappeared sometime during their watch," he says.

You recognize Wayne and Garth as best friends. Wayne had long dark hair while Garth had long blonde hair. Both were a bit easygoing, but took their duties seriously.
OOC:
As far as stats go, Wayne and Garth were guards
Jan 17, 2018 11:07 pm
OOC:
Perhaps they went on an Excellent Adventure?
Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm
Hunter climbs out of her makeshift cover. "Where were they positioned? Was there a struggle?"
Jan 19, 2018 9:37 pm
marithyme says:
OOC:
Perhaps they went on an Excellent Adventure?
OOC:
Pretty sure that's Bill and Ted :P
Devin winces slightly, "There doesn't seem to be any sign of a struggle, and no one noticed anything until time for the next watch."

He leads you over to where they were located, a pair of stones not too far apart that gave a good view of the surrounding cavern. You are helped up to the top of the stones and see that their waterskins are still up there. You don't see any sign of a struggle atop the stone.
Jan 19, 2018 10:16 pm
"Well, this is inconvenient," says Hunter. "Don't suppose they were the type to get cold feet and try to wander back home? Past... miles... of Underdark...?"

She sighs. "Collect their waterskins. We'll at least have something useful of them."
Jan 20, 2018 12:45 am
OOC:
I know, I just always equate those two movies in my head. That you got my reference means you're old, like me. :)
Melpomene looks over the scene for any signs of magic.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Jan 21, 2018 1:41 am
Devin shakes his head, "They were a bit relaxed, but they weren't stupid or disloyal," he says, "There's no way they would have willingly abandoned their posts... especially not out here..."

Melpomene looks around the area for signs of magic and does detect some, but it's mostly the magic of the Underdark that she can always feel in the back of her mind. Anything powerful enough to whisk them away without a trace would leave a magical signature behind, but that doesn't seem to be in here.
Jan 21, 2018 2:02 am
While the others search the area for clues, Mai'ngor unstoppers the guards' waterskins and sniffs, then squints up at the cavern ceiling.
Last edited January 21, 2018 2:03 am

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm
Hunter stares at the spot where Wayne and Garth would have been. Perhaps if she stares long enough, some clue might pop out as extremely obvious, like whether or not the rock and earth were disturbed.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Jan 23, 2018 3:40 am
Looking around you don't spot anything out of the ordinary.

Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Jan 23, 2018 5:45 am
Hunter chews on her lower lip. "We're not in town anymore," she mumbles quietly.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
"And if they did show up later, I would wonder who is actually in there."
Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm
"Maybe someone or something made them leave?" I look around for any sign of footprints or animal tracks.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Jan 25, 2018 3:43 am
Xeliss looks about for tracks, but doesn't find anything out of the ordinary. You don't even see tracks from Wayne and Garth. It's like they simply disappeared.
Jan 25, 2018 6:04 am
"Well, there ain't no bodies so they're probably not dead. Are we really worried about them? 'Cuz I've got nothing."
Jan 25, 2018 8:40 am
Mai'ngor continues to peer up at the cavern ceiling. "Recall that some of the accursed drow we have fought had the ability to levitate, and that some of the demons we have seen could fly and pluck their prey from the ground like helpless lambs. If there are no signs of Wayne and Garth walking away from here of their own volition then I say yes, we should be worried."
Last edited January 25, 2018 5:35 pm
Jan 25, 2018 4:10 pm
"It is unfortunate (and unsettling), but we can't let this delay us," says Hunter. "We should proceed to Gravenhollow."
Jan 26, 2018 2:01 am
Elfog stretches, as if waking from a nap, and rolls his shoulders.

"Agreed. To Gravenhollow..."
Jan 26, 2018 7:30 am
Mai'ngor nods, and hands the waterskin to the guard. "Be doubly alert," he cautions the man. "No wandering off alone, obviously. It seems pairing up is insufficient protection. Go in threes, perhaps. Tell your commanders."
Jan 26, 2018 4:29 pm
"I will be a third to any watch," says Hunter. "More eyes and ears to ward against the foul."
Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am
OOC:
How many of us are there left now?
load next

Thread locked