(2633) = 12

Dec 28, 2023 5:19 am
I'm considering importance
Wits
Agility
Strength
Charisma
Dec 28, 2023 9:04 am
Welcome! Ok, now please roll for Education and Social standing, then choose your character name, pronoums, homeworld and describe your family, your childhood and adolescence.

If you choose one of preexisting worlds ftom other characters threads or game chapters as your homeworld it may be easier down the road, but it's not necessary and you can create your own as well.

10 is the average Human, so you got good numbers there. :)
Dec 28, 2023 3:12 pm
EDUCATION & SOCIAL STATUS

Edit: interesting ...
Last edited December 28, 2023 3:13 pm

Rolls

3D6

(646) = 16

3D6

(144) = 9

Dec 28, 2023 4:43 pm
As I finish choosing things, I see Animals is a skill... Is that something that would ever be useful in this?

I think They/Them, and from New Jordan.

Also I am choosing between a few character images:
[ +- ] Pic1
[ +- ] Pic2
[ +- ] Pic3
[ +- ] Pic4
Last edited December 28, 2023 5:55 pm
Dec 28, 2023 4:50 pm
It's used in wilderness adventures and rural worlds. It's relevant for Explorers, but very uncommon for Agents/Rogues and not very useful in spacecraft and urban environments.
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 pm
On the other hand, if you are going to be an Agent or Rogue, it is a great 0-level skill to get from your background! It gives you some extra color in your background and could, theoretically, be useful in the unknown future.
Dec 28, 2023 6:15 pm
I was actually considering both of those...
Dec 28, 2023 7:39 pm
Strength: 13
Agility: 14
Charisma: 12
Wit: 16

Skills: Animals medical stealth reflex streetwise

I think they grew up in a rough part of town with a parents working at a .... Mostly legal little street hospital(/vet when needed). Grew up surviving in the street when parents were busy and picking up bits of medical field.... Which was closer to being comfortable with it than actual trained skill.

If Animals/veterinary is guaranteed to not be useful I'll switch it with melee or notice or will.
Last edited December 28, 2023 8:11 pm
Dec 28, 2023 9:53 pm
Nice. Animals can be relevant some day, specially as we move into uncharted territory. Now, please choose which is Education and which is Social from your 3d6 rolls, and if you wanna go to the University, Military Academy or your first career. Either way, roll for application
Dec 28, 2023 11:59 pm
Reflex, stealth
Animals, Medicine, Streetwise
(I meant to roll in order for Edu and Influence so I'll stay honest.)
Education: 16
Social: 9
Last edited December 29, 2023 12:05 am
Dec 29, 2023 2:49 am

Rolls

Age - (3D6+20)

(416) + 20 = 31

Dec 29, 2023 2:54 am
Application
University application

Rolls

EDUCATION DC10 - (1D20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Dec 29, 2023 9:02 am
You succeeded! Increase your Education by 2 and choose 2 skills at level 0 and another at level 1 from the University list in the Chargen thread. This will tell us your course. After that, we will play an event :)
Dec 29, 2023 4:31 pm
If I choose Medicine for lv 1 and Navigation and Computers for lv0 I believe my skills will end up looking like so:
Reflex, stealth
Animals:0, Computers:0, Medicine:3, Navigation:0, Streetwise:0

Education: 16
Last edited December 29, 2023 4:32 pm
Dec 29, 2023 4:33 pm
Also I am choosing between a few character images:
[ +- ] Pic1
[ +- ] Pic2
[ +- ] Pic3
[ +- ] Pic4
Dec 29, 2023 7:39 pm
Unh... Those 3 skills are very hard to combine in a single graduation. Can I drop the Navigation and get you Academics (Biology) at level-0 instead?

If you graduate, those 3 will increase by +1.

About the avatar, whatever you like. If you really need a suggestion, use the first one. :)
Dec 29, 2023 7:53 pm
If Academics (Biology) will cover things that having both Animals and Medicine will not. Otherwise I would argue for investigation ... Just because university requires that skill in general.
Dec 29, 2023 7:57 pm
It does, but Investigation works as well. What do you prefer?
Dec 29, 2023 9:27 pm
Slaine Rowan
Reflex, stealth
Academics(Biology):0, Animals:0, Computers:0, Medicine:1, Streetwise:0

Education: 18
Last edited December 30, 2023 12:56 am
Dec 30, 2023 12:27 am
OOC:
Okay! Your medicine is just 1, not 3 (yet), I think that was a typo. Anyway, one of the things that's missing is their name.

I've used your alias as a placeholder, but I'm going to edit that as soon as you tell me your character name. Done :)

You can also submit your character sheet, if you like. The other players didn't have the template when we began the game. It's in the chargen thread.
Trade Era 1225, Day 139

Campus, University of New Jordan

As the dilapidated streets of their upbringing faded into the background, the towering spires of the University of New Jordan welcomed Slaine Rowan into a new chapter of life. The air hummed with the promise of knowledge, but for Slaine, it was more than just a pursuit of education—it was a quest to transcend the limits of their streetwise medical know-how.

The first day at the Bioinformatics course felt like stepping into a realm where science and technology danced in unison. The lecture halls were a stark contrast to the makeshift "street hospital" where Slaine's parents had toiled day and night. The professor's words echoed through the room, introducing Slaine to the intricacies of merging biology with computer science.

Slaine's mind raced as they navigated through the complexities of genetic sequencing, algorithmic analysis, and advanced topics such as gene expression, protein structure, and molecular interactions. The familiar street hustle had prepared them for survival, but here, in the hallowed halls of academia, survival meant mastering the art of deciphering the genetic code as well as designing and developing technological solutions for medical applications. But the journey didn't stop there. First Aid, Medical Diagnosis and Emergency Medicine classes became an essential part of their curriculum, bridging the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application, deepening the skills acquired on the unforgiving streets.

Late nights in the university labs became their sanctuary. They dissected data with the precision of a surgeon, weaving their street-smart approach into the structured methodology of the scientific world. The fusion of their gritty upbringing and newfound knowledge opened doors to unexplored territories.
OOC:
Please roll for graduation and let's see what happens next :)
Dec 30, 2023 12:46 am
OOC:
Medicine was an error, it is fixed.
Name is Slaine Rowan

Rolls

Graduation DC10 - (1D20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Dec 30, 2023 12:56 am
Trade Era 1225, Day 327

Courtyard, University of New Jordan

Under the resplendent domes of the University of New Jordan, amidst a sea of academic regalia, Slaine Rowan stood tall on the day of graduation. The journey from the rough streets to the hallowed halls reached its pinnacle as the Bioinformatics and Medical Diagnostics course drew to a triumphant close.

Draped in the ceremonial gown, adorned with academic honors, Slaine's eyes gleamed with a mix of pride and the quiet resilience that had carried them through the challenges of academia. The echoes of countless lectures, late-night lab sessions, and the fusion of medical and technological expertise converged into this moment—a testament to Slaine's unwavering commitment.

The graduation ceremony unfolded with a blend of solemnity and celebration. The university courtyard buzzed with the energy of accomplishment, and Slaine's name reverberated through the air as they walked across the stage to receive their well-earned diploma.

As the dean handed over the symbolic parchment, Slaine felt a surge of emotions—an acknowledgment not only of academic achievement but of a transformative journey that spanned from survival on the streets to mastering the intricate dance of bioinformatics and medical mastery.

Graduation day marked not just an end but a new beginning for Slaine Rowan. The world beyond the university beckoned—an uncharted realm where the knowledge gained would serve as guiding lights on the cosmic journey that awaited.
OOC:
Congratulations! Get your graduation bonus and then choose your first career. Roll your application and let's see what happens
Dec 30, 2023 1:03 am
Can I apply for another education (Military Academy) aka he's trying to get a higher degree.
Dec 30, 2023 1:10 am
PhoenixScientist says:
Can I apply for another education (Military Academy)
You can, as they are still 21 years old... They can also try for another University degree, as long as you don't repeat any skills in your choices.

If you're looking for a Surgeon, Physician, a Master degree or a PhD, that's part of the Scholar career, though. You can apply and study there.
Dec 30, 2023 1:17 am
PhoenixScientist says:
(Military Academy) aka he's trying to get a higher degree.
A Military Academy would make them an Officer in the Navy/Marines/Planetary Defense forces. It's a Bachelor of Science degree, but focusing on warfare.
Dec 30, 2023 1:22 am
Slaine Rowan

Strength: 13(+1)
Agility: 14 (+2)
Reflex:0, Stealth:0
Charisma: 12 (+1)
Wit: 16 (+3)
Academics(Biology):1, Animals:0, Computers:1, Medicine:2, Streetwise:0

Education: 20
Actually I don't think they could afford more University, so they are applying to Military Academy because they might get it subsidized.
So..
Last edited December 30, 2023 1:46 am

Rolls

Navy Academy DC12 - (1D20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Dec 30, 2023 1:25 am
Oops. That's a failed roll. They (he? Changed the pronoums?) aged 1 year and can try something else.

They're now 22 of 31
Dec 30, 2023 1:32 am
Only if they decide for another service. If you spent a couple of years to increase one of their attributes, they would be above the maximum age.
Dec 30, 2023 1:39 am
Apparently academic honors meant very little when social standing and connections were lacking. The Navy apparently had better prospects for their programs (never trust the propaganda).
As Slaine spent a year after graduation in a nothing job, just to pay bills, applying for positions appropriate to their degree they found that there might be a program they could join through the P.D.F. .
OOC:
oof. How realistic.
PS. Submitted character so far
Last edited December 30, 2023 1:40 am

Rolls

Planetary Defence Force Dc10 - (1D20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Dec 30, 2023 1:43 am
OOC:
Your strength bonus is just +1, not +2, but either way, you joined the New Jordan Military Academy, congrats! I will post something tomorrow. ;)
Dec 30, 2023 1:46 am
OOC:
oops It is +1. My bad.
Slain fell back onto their bed, exhausted after a long, boring shift when they got a message notification.
Responce from the P.D.F. ... Slain's fingers tapped against their desk nervously before opening it.
Last edited December 30, 2023 1:50 am
Dec 30, 2023 8:18 pm
Trade Era 1226, Day 13

New Jordan Planetary Defense Military Academy

Slaine Rowan's heart pounded with a mix of excitement and apprehension as they entered the hallowed halls of the New Jordan Planetary Defense Military Academy. The scent of polished brass and the rhythmic cadence of boots echoed through the imposing structure. In the central courtyard, rows of disciplined cadets stood in perfect formation, a testament to the academy's storied legacy.

The commanding figure of General Harlan, the academy's stern but respected leader, welcomed the new recruits. "You are the future defenders of New Jordan," he declared, his gaze sweeping over the eager faces. Slaine felt a surge of pride mixed with a hint of nervous energy.
The first year unfolded as a relentless barrage of challenges. Slaine immersed themselves in the demanding academic curriculum, grappling with the intricacies of planetary defense systems, military strategy, and cutting-edge technology. Physical training sessions pushed them to their limits. Late nights in the dimly lit study halls became routine for Slaine. Star maps flickered holographically, and war simulations played out on massive screens.
As Slaine progressed into the second year, the training intensified. The academy's simulated war scenarios became increasingly complex, testing not only their strategic acumen but also their ability to lead under pressure. Collaborating with classmates, Slaine successfully navigated diplomatic exercises, engaged in simulated interstellar skirmishes, and faced the unexpected with unwavering resolve. In the crucible of challenges, Slaine emerged as a natural leader. Assigned pivotal command roles in training exercises, they exhibited enough tactical knowledge and strategic insight.
As the third year unfolded, Slaine faced simulations that mirrored the chaos of a battlefield hospital. The academy's holographic technology brought wounded soldiers and civilian patients to life, testing Slaine's ability to remain calm under pressure. Collaborating with fellow medical cadets, they mastered the delicate balance of empathy and efficiency, laying the foundation for their future role as a healer amid the turmoil of war.

Finally, Slaine transitioned from student to leader within the medical ranks. Assigned to oversee critical situations, they demonstrated the ability to make swift, life-saving decisions.
Receive +1 Leadership as part of this event
OOC:
Moreover, receive your Military Academy enrollment bonus (if you didn't already): increase your Education by 1, your Wits and Strength by 1 each and receive the following at level-0 (if you don't already have them): Athletics, Driving, Medicine, Reflex, Melee, Ranged weapons, Notice, Intimidation.

Now, please roll for graduation: 1d20+4, DC10.

If they graduate, do they plan to stay in the Defense Forces at least 1 term (no need to apply) or are they going to leave immediately for a civilian career?

Rolls

Slaine Rowan: WITS - Attribute check - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Slaine Rowan: CHARISMA - Attribute check - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Dec 30, 2023 9:37 pm
If Slaine graduates they will going the Defence Force for a term as a medic.
OOC:
also, a side note, what are the use of lv0 skills?

Quote:
OOC:
Moreover, receive your Military Academy enrollment bonus (if you didn't already): increase your Education by 1, your Wits and Strength by 1 each and receive the following at level-0 (if you don't already have them): Athletics, Driving, Medicine, Reflex, Melee, Ranged weapons, Notice, Intimidation.
This means that if I already have a score it does not increase, correct?
Last edited December 30, 2023 10:21 pm

Rolls

Graduation DC10 - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Dec 30, 2023 10:14 pm
Though Slaine wasn't fully sold on everything about the P.D.F., the work was where they wanted to be. That and the guaranteed position, the year of a dead end position still in their mind.
So Slain Rowan accepted the opportunity, and risk, of a term of service with the P.D.F. .

Rolls

Service Length - (1D4)

(1) = 1

Dec 30, 2023 11:36 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
OOC:
also, a side note, what are the use of lv0 skills?
OOC:
I am not the GM, but ...

It gives no advantage, but it eliminates the non-proficiency penalty.

If you gain a level-0 skill you already have, there is no effect an it is discarded. If you gain an improvement, the skill increases by the stated amount. So, if you gain Driving-0, but already have it, you don't gain anything from that. If you gain an improvement of 1, then raise that attribute or skill by 1.

Hope that actually answers the question.
Last edited December 30, 2023 11:37 pm
Dec 30, 2023 11:37 pm
That answered it perfectly. Thanks.
Dec 30, 2023 11:43 pm
OOC:
Your skill levels goes from None (-) to +6. If a character possesses no level in a skill at all (Skill -), they are untrained and will suffer a -4 penalty when attempting to roll that skill. If a character has a skill level of zero (Skill 0), they are competent but likely have limited practical experience. They do not receive any bonus when utilizing that skill but, at the very least, avoid the penalty for being untrained.
Quote:
This means that if I already have a score it does not increase, correct?
Correct. =)
Congratulations on your Military Academy graduation. Choose only 3 skills from that list above to receive at level-1 (it also does not increase if you already have them at 1) and increase your Education by another 1 point (it's now 22).

Finally, also roll 1d20 (no DC and no modifiers) so I can get a random event for your term of service.

Dec 30, 2023 11:55 pm
OOC:
Some notes about the Character Sheet:

1. Unfortunately, the attributes must be uppercase for the buttons to work. There are some shenanigans in the source code that expect it. So I edited your sheet.

2. There is a section to put their current age and another one for the game start. Unfortunately, you can't put 27/31 there or it won't calculate Slaine's birthday. I've fixed it.
Dec 31, 2023 12:01 am
OOC:
I'll up Reflex, Melee and Notice.

Rolls

Event? - (1D20)

(15) = 15

Dec 31, 2023 12:36 am
Trade Era 1231, Day 239

Northern Military Base, New Jordan

The distant hum of landing aircraft and the rhythmic cadence of boots echoed through the metallic corridors of the New Jordan Planetary Defense base. Second Lieutenant Slaine Rowan, adorned in their crisp uniform, briskly walked through the bustling medical wing, their day a mix of routine check-ups and the intricate work of safeguarding the well-being of the base personnel.

In the examination room, Slaine conducted routine health assessments for the enlisted soldiers. Slaine's keen eyes scanned the digital displays as they moved from one patient to another, their demeanor calm and reassuring. Outside the medical bay, Slaine was often found in their office, meticulously planning the well-being initiatives for the entire base. Whether it was implementing stress-relief programs or organizing fitness challenges, they aimed to foster a sense of community amidst the military personnel.
OOC:
Choose two skills to receive +1 from: Athletics, Medicine, Bureaucracy, Carousing, Persuasion, Notice, Leadership, Stewardship.

After that, roll 1d20 and 1d4 if you're going for another term or write your resignation post (in character) and roll your application if you're looking for another job.
Dec 31, 2023 12:49 am
OOC:

Medical
and Notice. I think, for what I am wanting to with them.
I had the thought of them becoming an Agent, possibly being requested due to suspected illegal experiments or the like. I don't know if that makes sense...
A bit of a stretch I know
Last edited December 31, 2023 12:59 am
Dec 31, 2023 1:04 am
You can resign your military commission to roll your Agent application, we will figure out the details if you succeed. You can even be a Special Agent and MD in the ITC Bureau of Investigation, working unsolved cases labeled X-Files. Hehe

Or not... It will all depend on the dice and your choices after that.

But it's an irrevocable decision, you cannot stay in the military if you fail. You will have to choose another career and roll for application again. As Daryen said in the Hailing frequency thread, Drifter is always an option that doesn't depend on the dice. =D

So... Another term with the P.D.F. or do you wanna resign and risk it? =)
Dec 31, 2023 1:21 am
Always risk it for the story.
(Let's pretend I'm not already nervous about this decision.)

Edit:
I am also interested in the sort of extraterrestrial investigation you prompted.
Last edited December 31, 2023 1:36 am

Rolls

Agent "Application": Education - (1D20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Dec 31, 2023 1:41 am
OOC:
You did it! Please write something In Character now. Tell us about your resignation and joining the ITC Bureau of Investigation.

Think of it as the space FBI... With jurisdiction in space, they investigate interplanetary crimes often related to drugs, fraud, interplanetary tax evasion, and people trying to avoid jail by leaving the planet (crossing state borders are not enough anymore)

What do you do there? How is your day to day?
Dec 31, 2023 2:19 am
Second Lieutenant Slaine Rowan stood at attention as their Captain read over their newly transmitted document.

To: Captain Hague Moffat; Colonel Calla Soliar
Regarding my position as Lieutenant MD
Knowing that you both value consice and prompt communication I will communicate so.
I must resign from my position with the New Jordan Planetary Defence Force. An opportunity with the ITC Bureau of Investigation has been made available to me, and I believe I can do greater good in that position's unique requirements and opportunities.
Attached are the details of my position reassignment.

The Captain read through it once, then again. Then messaged the Colonel to confirm that it was received. And approved.
Then the Captain looked up at the Lieutenant. "You understand I am going to request you finish the two remaining months."
"Yes sir."
The Captain sighed then, "It's hard to let anyone go that keeps my troops alive, but I have no ability to refuse this." He paused. "If you choose to come back contact me, any hand that keeps me from writing a spouse is one I want.
Your transfer is approved, I will see you in two months.
Dismissed."
Slain went from being covered in other soldier's blood to being buried in paperwork. Most every day was sorting through grant information to determine credibility, or medical spending for glaring errors.

However, there were the interesting cases, the reports of extraterrestrial activity, creatures, life. Agent Slain was permitted... And requested to go through each report and classify possibility of accuracy based on biological details.
And sometimes inspect reported extraterrestrial samples.
There were also a few reports of illegal or dangerous genetic experiments in that were sent to Slain to investigate.
Long stints of never ending paperwork cut by sudden and intense research, often requiring being shipped all over planet... And beyond... To be one of the first to respond to these reports.
Then there was the one case... Well the classified one....
It was Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted.
Dec 31, 2023 2:20 am
Is there "officially" extraterrestrial life?

Rolls

1D20

(9) = 9

1D4

(1) = 1

Dec 31, 2023 5:32 am
PhoenixScientist says:
Is there "officially" extraterrestrial life?
It depends on what you mean. Though encountering a myriad of extraterrestrial fauna, flora and exotic life forms, humanity's never found intelligent aliens. There are weird bugs, dangerous fungi, etc.

https://cdn.openart.ai/stable_diffusion/0b95759a3bf382e70101ba744ff172a82f0d4435_2000x2000.webp

But, officially and outside of conspiracy theories, there are "no flying saucers", no Star Trek Vulcans and no such things in this game. And little probability of that, as we are now a spacefaring civilization.

But there are the Elders.
OOC:
I will write your first event as an Agent tomorrow.
Dec 31, 2023 5:52 am
Yeah I was asking about sapient, alive alien races. As the Elders clearly no longer exist except in the echos of ruins. ...
As for things owned, I assume the ~1000 to spend in the CP1 thread was to equip our character in general. I'm doing some window shopping, will I be able to get some starting gear before I drop in?
Also I was hoping to get a field treatment medical kit.. and maybe something to analyze biological material if the ship won't have that (this may be stationary equipment) of the sick bay can't do that.
Plus the armor: Reflex VS Ballistic. I assume there isn't a way to get a little of everything (2/2 armor for 300, or maybe 3/3 armor for $500... ?)
PS. Cool pics.
Last edited December 31, 2023 7:08 am
Dec 31, 2023 3:40 pm
OOC:
Starting gear is with the GM. This ~1,000 credits can be used for extra gear, speculative trading or other things. I'll roll for you after Chargen.

For now, you have a medkit, a badge, a ballistic vest and a blaster pistol for free. Regarding armor, for balance reasons, there is no way to get a little of everything, just the (really) expensive military stuff has both.
Trade Era 1232, Day 73

ITC Bureau of Investigation local office, New Jordan

The transition from the disciplined routine of a Medical Officer to the labyrinth of paperwork at the ITC Bureau of Investigation was swift for Agent Slaine. Their office, once adorned with the hum of medical equipment, now echoed with the quiet shuffle of reports and the soft glow of holographic screens.

Days melted into nights as Slaine delved into the intricacies of grant information and dissected medical spending reports, searching for anomalies that could unravel the threads of potential fraud or financial irregularities. The sterile, fluorescent-lit room became a haven for meticulous scrutiny, a departure from the urgency of the New Jordan Planetary Defense Force Hospital.

Amid the seemingly endless sea of paperwork, Agent Slaine Rowan discovered a refuge in the intriguing mysteries that crossed their desk. There were tales of otherworldly creatures with a penchant for consuming unsuspecting individuals. These accounts were intertwined with stories of bizarre life forms born from illicit genetic experiments, pushing the boundaries of scientific ethics. Additionally, there were reports of supposed extraterrestrial activities, some unresolved but most turning out to be elaborate scams designed to exploit the fears of the unsuspecting.
Receive +1 Investigation as part of this event
Frequently, the sterile environment of paperwork was traded for the unpredictable landscapes of fieldwork. Venturing into the unknown, Slaine found themselves at the heart of investigations, probing the authenticity of genetic anomalies and evaluating the legitimacy of reported extraterrestrial activities.
Receive +1 Athletics and +1 Notice as part of this event
Recently, a peculiar case had landed on their desk, hinting at the possibility of a fully biological synth on the loose—an artificial lifeform capable of seamlessly mimicking human physiology.

The reports were cryptic, pointing to suspicious behavior and unexplained phenomena in a remote colony on the edge of known space. Slaine delved into the data, meticulously analyzing each piece of information, sifting through witness testimonies and scrutinizing automated sensor logs and public surveillance from the colony.
OOC:
Because this is not their first career, choose only one skill to receive at level-0 from your successful application: Athletics, Bureaucracy, Investigation, Notice, Ranged weapons, Reflex, Stealth, Streetwise.

And them, from your random roll for the term, choose two skills to receive +1 from this list: Bureaucracy, Investigation, Notice, Ranged weapons, Reflex.

Finally, gimme an Investigation DC12 check, after you update your sheet and choose your bonus for the term, so we will see about those rumors of a biological synth.
Dec 31, 2023 3:52 pm
Quote:
OOC:
Because this is not their first career, choose only one skill to receive at level-0 from your successful application: Athletics, Bureaucracy, Investigation, Notice, Ranged weapons, Reflex, Stealth, Streetwise.
Well the only one I don't have is Bureaucracy so....
Quote:
OOC:
And them, from your random roll for the term, choose two skills to receive +1: Bureaucracy, Investigation, Notice, Ranged weapons, Reflex.
I think Notice and Reflex...

Rolls

Investigation DC12 - (1D20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Dec 31, 2023 4:01 pm
This character creation system is heavily GM dependant (only a negative if the GM isn't prepared for it) but it does make a character one is interested and invested in before anything from the game happens.

Plus I feel that I've been extremely lucky with my character creation. But I feel all that is rooted in rolling stats well.
Dec 31, 2023 4:07 pm
Days turned into nights as Slaine followed the trail of elusive clues, exploring the shadowy recesses of the interplanetary network. The more they uncovered, the more the specter of a biological synth seemed to materialize, casting an ominous aura over their investigation.

So they were dispatched to see it personally. A spacecraft awaited them on the edge of the bustling interplanetary port, its design a stark contrast to the enigma that awaited in the remote colony. As the vessel hurtled through the cosmic expanse, Slaine's mind buzzed with a blend of anticipation and apprehension.

Upon landing, the air of the distant colony carried an eerie stillness. The locals spoke in hushed tones, their eyes reflecting a mixture of fear and curiosity. Slaine, accompanied by two other seasoned agents, delved into the heart of the mystery that had gripped this isolated outpost.

The investigation unfolded in the labyrinthine alleys and concealed corners of the colony. Witnesses were interviewed, and sensor logs were scrutinized in meticulous detail. The shadows seemed to whisper secrets, and the truth felt like a delicate thread waiting to unravel.

The locals, initially wary, began to share fragments of information that painted a picture of an elusive entity haunting the outskirts of the settlement. Whispers of a creature with uncanny abilities circulated, leaving an indelible mark on the collective psyche.

The investigation reached a critical juncture as Slaine stood before a sealed chamber in an abandoned laboratory, its contents shrouded in mystery. The team exchanged glances, the anticipation palpable.

With a deliberate motion, the chamber doors opened, revealing not a sinister lifeform, but a collection of sophisticated equipment designed for deception.

At the center of the chamber stood a meticulously crafted apparatus resembling a cocoon, wires and cables weaving through its intricate structure. This cocoon, upon closer inspection, housed an array of holographic projectors capable of projecting lifelike images of the purported synthetic entity. The projectors emitted a faint, ethereal glow, casting an eerie ambiance that had deceived the colony into believing in the existence of an otherworldly threat.

Next to it, a cache of fabricated biological samples lay in cryogenic stasis. Vials containing synthetic tissues and engineered DNA were neatly organized, ready to be deployed as "evidence" supporting the existence of the synthetic entity. The level of detail in these samples showcased the meticulous planning that had gone into creating a believable illusion.

As Slaine and their team meticulously documented the equipment, it became clear that the so-called "biological synth" was nothing more than a well-executed hoax, perpetuated by a network of individuals with a keen understanding of both technology and human psychology.

Armed with irrefutable evidence and a comprehensive understanding of the elaborate deception, Agent Slaine Rowan coordinated with local law enforcement to apprehend the individuals responsible for the synthetic scare.
OOC:
Gimme a Bureaucracy DC10 check
Dec 31, 2023 4:12 pm
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
This character creation system is heavily GM dependant (only a negative if the GM isn't prepared for it) but it does make a character one is interested and invested in before anything from the game happens.
Yup. I tried to create a game before the game. =)
PhoenixScientist says:
Plus I feel that I've been extremely lucky with my character creation. But I feel all that is rooted in rolling stats well.
Indeed, you were able to choose the direction you wanted to go more than most of the other players. You had a lot of luck in those applications. But I think that even in the adversity they had fun with chargen as well. At least I hope so. ;)

Dec 31, 2023 4:17 pm
With a little disappointment, due to the lack of an actual biological synth, Slaine prepared a report.

Rolls

DC10 - (1D20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Dec 31, 2023 4:28 pm
Quote:

Bioinformatics university (18 to 21)
Failed Navy Academy (21 to 22)
New Jordan Planetary Defense forces Academy (22 to 26)
Planetary Defense forces - Tour 1 (26 to 27)
ITC Bureau of Investigation- Tour 1 (27 to 28)
I think the Bioinformatics math was off so that would make their timeline:

Bioinformatics university (18 to 22)
Failed Navy Academy (22 to 23)
New Jordan Planetary Defense forces Academy (23 to 267)
Planetary Defense forces - Tour 1 (27 to 28)
ITC Bureau of Investigation- Tour 1 (28 to 29)
Dec 31, 2023 4:40 pm
OOC:
I think the Bioinformatics math was off
Unh... Let me check. You start University at your 18th birthday. You spent 3 years there. You didn't fail your first roll for graduation, so no more years there. So you graduate as you complete 21 years old.

Why is the math off? =/
Dec 31, 2023 4:43 pm
Nope, My memory was off!
I thought both universities were 4 years.
Last edited December 31, 2023 4:43 pm
Dec 31, 2023 4:45 pm
The colony, relieved at the revelation of the truth, watched as the agents of justice brought the perpetrators to account. The fear that had gripped the community slowly transformed into a collective sense of vindication. Agent Slaine, standing amidst the aftermath of the investigation, felt a profound satisfaction in delivering clarity to a once-anxious populace.

The legal proceedings that followed ensured that those responsible for manipulating the colony's fears would face the consequences of their actions. The courtroom became a stage for justice, and the individuals behind the hoax were held accountable for the disruption and panic they had sown.

As news of the arrests spread, a sense of closure settled over the population. The shadows that had loomed over their community dissipated, replaced by a newfound sense of security. In recognition of their exemplary work and unwavering commitment to unraveling the complex web of deception surrounding the synthetic scare, Agent Slaine Rowan received a well-deserved promotion. The title "Special Agent" now adorned their credentials, marking a significant milestone in their career within the ITC Bureau of Investigation.
OOC:
Next term! Same career? If so, gimme your 1d20 and 1d4.
Dec 31, 2023 4:47 pm
OOC:
Slaine is going to stick with something!
Edit: 1D5... really fingers?? Well anyway it is 4 and that brings me above the 31.
Last edited December 31, 2023 4:49 pm

Rolls

1D20

(11) = 11

1D5

(4) = 4

Dec 31, 2023 5:08 pm
Rechecking your skills.

All values are already considering the value after the step:

Initial (level-0): Animals medical stealth reflex streetwise
University: Academics (Biology) 1, Computers 1, Medicine 2
Military Academy (PDF): Reflex 1, Melee 1 and Notice 1. Athletics 0, Driving 0, Ranged weapons 0, Intimidation 0.
PDF tour 1: Medicine 3 and Notice 2
Agent application: Bureaucracy 0
Agent event: Investigation 1, Athletics 1, Notice 3
Agent tour 1: Notice 4, Reflex 2
--
Can you check that as well? For the Medicine vs Notice discrepancies, I think you chose one and upgraded the other. For the Investigation, if a +1 rank is specified, the skill is acquired at level 1 if not already possessed, or its level increases by +1 for those already with it.
Dec 31, 2023 5:12 pm
Yeah I was doing that math too, the Medicine was an accident and was fixed while you were making this post.
Other than that your math is correct and in sheet now.
Last edited December 31, 2023 5:19 pm
Dec 31, 2023 5:27 pm
OOC:
I will write an event next term only. You will have another term, because that 1d5 dice was wrong, I will ignore it. And I have rolled the correct one for you.

Gimme another 1d20 for your final year before the adventure.

Choose two skills to receive +1 for your second term between: Investigation, Medicine, Computers, Ranged weapons, Stealth, Streetwise, Palming and Intimidation

Rolls

Term duration (correct roll. Maybe it wont matter, but let me see) - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Dec 31, 2023 5:40 pm
htech says:
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
Indeed, you were able to choose the direction you wanted to go more than most of the other players. You had a lot of luck in those applications. But I think that even in the adversity they had fun with chargen as well. At least I hope so. ;)

OOC:
I think Hank is a good counterpoint. My stats sucked. I failed a LOT of rolls. Yet, despite that, I still got a useful fun character out of the process. Is he the best at what he does? No, because his stats sabotage that. However, he is still good at what he does, and he is still well-rounded.
Dec 31, 2023 6:00 pm
htech says:
OOC:

Choose two skills to receive +1 for your second term between: Investigation, Medicine, Computers, Ranged weapons, Stealth, Streetwise, Palming and Intimidation
OOC:
Tough choice. I think I want to get that Medicine to +4 (both because it would be great if they had a PHD equivalent of knowledge and the Exp to up from 3>4 would be a lot.
And then I think stealth to match the notice and make them a bit scout-ier.
Last edited December 31, 2023 6:02 pm
Dec 31, 2023 6:01 pm
daryen says:
OOC:
I think Hank is a good counterpoint. My stats sucked. I failed a LOT of rolls. Yet, despite that, I still got a useful fun character out of the process. Is he the best at what he does? No, because his stats sabotage that. However, he is still good at what he does, and he is still well-rounded.
OOC:
I think the benefit of an interesting and stories character not just lightweight but eclipsed the minimax need.
Plus you can work towards optimizing your character if you wish.
Dec 31, 2023 6:33 pm
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
Tough choice. I think I want to get that Medicine to +4 (both because it would be great if they had a PHD equivalent of knowledge and the Exp to up from 3>4 would be a lot.
And then I think stealth to match the notice and make them a bit scout-ier.
Okay! Gimme another 1d20 for your final year before the adventure.
Dec 31, 2023 6:43 pm
OOC:
Onec More Into The Breach.
Last edited December 31, 2023 6:43 pm

Rolls

1D20

(13) = 13

Dec 31, 2023 6:54 pm
OOC:
Final list, choose two to receive +1: Investigation, Persuasion, Athletics, Bureaucracy, Streetwise, Palming, Leadership and Intimidation.

I will write your event tomorrow. Happy new year!
Dec 31, 2023 7:07 pm
OOC:
htech says:
Final list, choose two to receive +1: Investigation, Persuasion, Athletics, Bureaucracy, Streetwise, Palming, Leadership and Intimidation.

I will write your event tomorrow. Happy new year!
Investigation and Streetwise I think.

On a character story flavor note I think Slaine would want to try testing into a PHD.

Happy New Year!
Last edited December 31, 2023 7:10 pm

SSA Serena Hale

htech

Jan 1, 2024 10:47 am
OOC:
We will play this event almost like a solo adventure, more detailed than usual for chargen.

Your character already have all their skills and I'm using this to include you in the midst of chapter 2
Trade Era 1234, Day 3

ITC Bureau of Investigation, New Jordan

The soft chime of an incoming message echoed in Special Agent Slaine Rowan's office, drawing their attention away from the ongoing analysis and report of a recent cybercrime case. The holographic display flickered to life, revealing the familiar face of their boss, Supervisory Special Agent (SSA) Serena Hale.

"Good work on the cybercrime case, Slaine," Serena remarked, her tone a blend of appreciation and business. "But it seems we've got another puzzle on our hands. There have been reports of another potential biological synth, and guess who they want on the case?"

A wry smile played on Serena's lips as she continued, "Seems like you've become the go-to person for these mysteries. Maybe the Bureau has decided that you're the 'synth specialist' or something."
SSA Serena Hale
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 1, 2024 5:57 pm
"Oh, they're just putting me on it so they don't have to change the name on any reference documents." Slaine smiled, simultaneously knowing they may know than the average agent about bio-synths, and that they were nowhere near an expert. "Who am I working with this time, and what's the mission priority?" It wasn't entirely uncommon for a mission that was, or could be, in the public eye to require its agents to drop what they were doing to travel to it. They were expected to keep a bag packed for just such an occasion.
Once Slain had been given the basic details, which usually involved a couple sentences from Serena, and then being forwarded one or several documents, Slaine would pause.
"How's.... How's the kid?" Slaine wasn't an incredibly skilled conversationalist, but did care about the lives of their coworkers.
And every few months, when a case, or the fallout of a case, would require a minor to be under supervision for the short term, Serena would volunteer. And it was always stressful.
OOC:
If I'm rolling for knowledge of bio-synths would I be rolling either Academics(Biology) or Medical, depending?(assuming I'm not rolling for anything about their creation or anything mechanical)

SSA Serena Hale

htech

Jan 1, 2024 6:29 pm
Serena's expression softened, acknowledging the concern. "The kid's resilient, as always. It's a tough gig, but we're managing. As for your new partner, you'll be teaming up with Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer. Highly skilled and knows their way around machinery. Pack your bags, Slaine. We need eyes on this ASAP. You will be heading for Eclipse, Aldebaran system. Further details are in a datapad that you can grab on your way out of the office."
OOC:
Depends on what type of knowledge you're looking for. If it is to recognize between a human or a supposedly biological synth, usually there is no need to roll. Either its obvious (after a CT scan or equivalent) or impossible (cursory looking).

Wanna get/read/prepare something in New Jordan or should we go ahead?
SSA Serena Hale
Jan 1, 2024 6:42 pm
Slaine exited out of what they were working on, not the mission summary that they had finished hours ago, but the information for testing into a doctorate.
Then they sent in the mission summary that would be due while they were traveling, and downloaded the mission details for the Caltrop Biosynth Investigation, and any other documents that they had already gathered on the subject.
and the service record for Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer.
Then, grabbing their packed bags, they headed out to get their mission details.
OOC:
Just a small collection of mission histories and probably some theoretical publications by real experts. Then heading out.
OOC:
Does Melee include hand to hand and melee weapons?
Last edited January 1, 2024 9:45 pm
Jan 2, 2024 12:12 am
Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer

https://i.imgur.com/6O98g5S.png

Alex Mercer graduated with honors from Contitech University in Maryburg City, earning a degree in Engineering. Following that, he joined the ITC Bureau of Investigation and quickly proved his expertise in handling intricate cases involving emerging technologies. Known for his analytical prowess and dedication, Alex swiftly rose through the ranks to become a Senior Special Agent.

Throughout his service, Alex gained recognition for his contributions to the investigation of frauds involving gravitics and holographic projectors. He also has experience investigating various white-collar crimes, including cases involving financial fraud, corporate malfeasance, and embezzlement. His expertise extends to navigating complex webs of financial transactions and uncovering deceptive practices within corporate environments.
OOC:
Continues in my next post
Jan 2, 2024 12:55 am
Case Report - Classified

Subject: Biological Synth Investigation

Case ID: #BSI-3472

Agents: Special Agent Slaine Rowan, Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer

Background

This case was initiated following reports from an undercover operative within the Free Synthetic Automatons' Eclipse chapter, a local Synth Rights Political Party. Of particular concern is the acquisition by extremists in the group of cloning technology. They are now able to make full human bodies but with synth electronic components installed on the brain, potentially aligned with efforts to advance synth rights activism or something worse.

Characteristics of Biological Synth

- Appearance: Resembles an ordinary human, making detection challenging.
- Skin and Features: Exhibits human-like characteristics, including pores, hair, and natural eye movement, unlike traditional Synths.
- Autonomous Functions: Possesses advanced AI, allowing for human-like functionality but without any emotional or psychological elements.

Investigation Focus

- Origin: Determine the source and motives behind the creation of Biological Synths.
- Ethical and Legal Implications: Evaluate the ethical and legal concerns surrounding the fusion of human bodies with synthetic brains.
- Security Risks: Address potential threats posed by Biological Synths, especially if they can avoid detection, exhibit emotions or diverge from safety protocols used in regular synths.
OOC:
Continues...
Jan 2, 2024 1:01 am
OOC:
Excellent presentation.
Jan 2, 2024 1:30 am
OOC:
Melee includes hand-to-hand and melee weapons like vibroblades, regular blades and even clubs.

Thanks!
Trade Era 1234, Day 14

Lunar Pioneer, New Jordan Spaceport

The hum of the Lunar Pioneer's engines reverberated through the narrow corridors as Special Agent Slaine Rowan and Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer made their way towards the cryo-chamber section. Passing through a blast door that slid open with a metallic clang, they entered the dimly lit area. Rows of cryo-chambers lined the walls, each housing a passenger in suspended animation, frozen for the duration of their journeys.

The air in the chamber was chilled, a stark contrast to the rest of the ship's warm metallic scent. Green lights flickered softly, casting an otherworldly glow on the frosty surfaces of the cryo-chambers. Wires and tubes connected each chamber to a central control panel, displaying vital information in bold, blocky text.

"I will never get used to it," Alex mused, observing the frozen figures within the cryo-chambers. "A stark reminder that while the ship looks like it's from the past, we will soon skip into the future. It will be months until we wake up again. "

Trade Era 1234, Day 152

Lunar Pioneer, Eclipse orbit, Aldebaran system

More than 3 months later, Slaine finally reached their destination as the Lunar Pioneer emerged from the void of hyperspace, its sturdy design contrasting with the celestial panorama that unfolded before them. Eclipse loomed in the distance, a once barren celestial body transformed into a subsistence-level planet.

As the spacecraft descended towards Eclipse, the gas giant Aldebaran b's colossal form dominated the cosmic backdrop. Its icy rings were shimmering like a diamond necklace.

The descent continued, and Eclipse's surface came into clearer focus. Vast swaths of agriculture stretched across the planet, sustaining the population with basic foods cultivated in the modified soil. Mining outposts dotted the landscape, extracting precious metals from the surface while ice was harvested from the rings for water and refueling purposes.

The landing site chosen for the agents was a settlement nestled amidst the agricultural expanse, a hub where the ebb and flow of life on Eclipse played out. The Lunar Pioneer touched down on the dusty surface, the engines shutting down with a mechanical whirr.

Stepping out onto Eclipse's terraformed soil, Slaine and Alex were met with a sight that blended the stark beauty of outer space with the harsh realities of survival. The settlement's architecture reflected the utilitarian ethos of their people, with simple structures designed for function rather than form.

A local police officer named Mara Harkin awaited the agents.

"Welcome to Eclipse," Officer Harkin greeted them with a nod, her uniform adorned with the insignia of Eclipse's local law enforcement. Her eyes reflected the weariness of one who had seen the challenges faced by this community.

"Follow me, and I'll take you to our makeshift precinct. We've not been briefed on your case, but we will provide as much support as we can. Is there anything else that I can do for you?"

In the meantime, ground crew members, clad in orange suits, swiftly moved about, connecting hoses and loading cargo into the Lunar Pioneer. A couple of hours later, the spacecraft's engines roared to life, breaking the stillness as it departed towards its next destination in the cosmos.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 2, 2024 2:42 am
Quote:
"I will never get used to it," Alex mused, observing the frozen figures within the cryo-chambers. "A stark reminder that while the ship looks like it's from the past, we will soon skip into the future. It will be months until we wake up again. "
"I think humanity has always expierences life at different paces. Parent and child, a soldier and their spouce...." Slaine stops and pauses, looking into the cryo-chamber. "But you are right, there is something... Stark about the dramatic about months passing in a single rest. "
Quote:

"Follow me, and I'll take you to our makeshift precinct. We've not been briefed on your case, but we will provide as much support as we can. Is there anything else that I can do for you?"
"Officer Harkin, thank you for your time. We value the time you have taken to meet us, and know you must have a myriad of duties. If we could be sent a list of all class 2 and class 3 factories as well as any medical facilities within a day's travel, we will begin our investigation immediately.
Unless you have a specific request, Agent Alex?
OOC:
Slaine will be wanting to not only check validity of these synths but also possible supply chains.
Jan 2, 2024 11:13 pm
Quote:
Officer Harkin, thank you for your time. We value the time you have taken to meet us, and know you must have a myriad of duties. If we could be sent a list of all class 2 and class 3 factories as well as any medical facilities within a day's travel, we will begin our investigation immediately.
She acknowledged the agents with a nod. "I'll ensure you receive the requested information promptly."

Trade Era 1234, Day 152

Local precinct, Eclipse, Aldebaran system

Housed within a sturdy structure constructed from salvaged materials, the precinct’s exterior featured reinforced walls of repurposed metal panels, weathered and battered by the harsh conditions of Eclipse. A simple yet robust entrance served as the gateway to the building, with the emblem of Eclipse's local law enforcement crudely painted above the door.

Passing through it, Slaine stepped into the command center—a single open space lit by overhead bulbs suspended from exposed wires. Clusters of desks formed a maze of activity, each cluttered with datapads and communication devices. Analog screens, displaying crucial information in green monochrome, adorned the makeshift walls, standing in stark contrast to the polished interfaces of more affluent precincts. The communication hub, like other parts of the precinct, was a relic salvaged from decommissioned spacecraft.

A communal meeting area awaited, marked by a weathered table surrounded by mismatched chairs—a space for briefings and discussions amidst the utilitarian surroundings.

Within minutes, Officer Harkin returned with a datapad containing a detailed list of class 2 and class 3 factories, along with the locations of medical facilities within a day's travel.

"Let's start with the clinics in the outskirts," Alex suggested, a focused determination in his eyes. "If there's any unusual activity related to cloning, it's likely to be centered around those facilities."
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 2, 2024 11:27 pm
If there are any Bio-Synth sightings nearby any clinics we should start there, also on the way I check out if there have been any protests or outspoken groups and we can check clinics in that area.
Hopefully we can find something before we have to go through supply, waste and production records for anything suspicious.
Last edited January 2, 2024 11:28 pm
Jan 2, 2024 11:41 pm
"One of the clinics in that area complained about their previous medic. Something about a forged license and them people started to protest, because he just disappeared a couple of months ago. We believe he voluntarily left the planet as crew in a fast trading ship that was passing by. It was forwarded to your Bureau and then our case was closed. Isn't it why you came here? What's that about Bio Synths?" - asked Harkin, confused. - "I can take you there, if you want. "
Jan 3, 2024 5:19 am
Slain sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Do we have any details on the the ship the suspect left in? We may have to follow leads on multiple fronts..."
Jan 3, 2024 9:29 am
"I can check the computers and try to find you that case file. Should I look into it now or do you wanna go to the clinic first?" - said Harkin
Jan 3, 2024 2:39 pm
"If you could check that while we're here.... Yes. Then we'll check that clinic and go over all the info again on the way."
Jan 4, 2024 12:51 am
Five long hours passed in a determined pursuit of information within Eclipse's makeshift precinct. Officer Mara Harkin, fueled by tenacity and dedication, meticulously combed through records and data repositories to unearth the case, pausing at midday for a quick sandwich and getting back to work.
OOC:
What did you do in the meantime?
It was the end of the afternoon when the door to the command center creaked open, and Officer Harkin entered with a datapad in hand. Her expression, a mix of weariness and accomplishment, spoke volumes about the challenges of navigating Eclipse's labyrinthine records.

"Agents Rowan and Mercer, I've got the details you requested," Officer Harkin announced, her voice carrying the weight of newfound knowledge. "The case of Alfredo Hernandez, the unauthorized medic with the forged license and fraudulent surgeries."

Case Details - Forwarded from Eclipse Police Department
Suspect: Alfredo Hernandez
https://i.imgur.com/zYRG9Bn.jpg

Accusations: Forgery of Medical License, Fraudulent Practices, Illegal Surgeries, Cloned Organ Transplants

Background: Several months ago, Eclipse faced a wave of protests triggered by revelations surrounding a local clinic's former medic, Alfredo Hernandez. The turmoil originated from a whistleblower's exposé, uncovering a web of forgery and fraudulent medical practices by Hernandez. The case took a dark turn when it was disclosed that Hernandez surgeries, including cloned organ transplants, were clandestinely performed as he did not have valid medical licenses.

Full Report: A courageous reporter revealed evidence of Alfredo Hernandez's forged medical license and fraudulent activities. Hernandez had been conducting unauthorized surgeries and clandestine cloned organ transplants, alarming both patients and authorities.The disclosure led to widespread protests as Eclipse residents learned about the illicit medical procedures performed by Hernandez, eroding trust in local healthcare services.

Law enforcement confirmed the authenticity of the whistleblower's claims, discovering that Hernandez's medical license was indeed a forgery. The gravity of the situation escalated as the extent of the fraudulent practices became evident. Under mounting pressure and with authorities closing in, Hernandez vanished from Eclipse, leaving behind a community in turmoil and numerous unresolved medical cases.

Further investigation revealed that Hernandez departed Eclipse by joining the crew of the Celestial Voyager, a fast trading ship passing through the system. The ship's identity and reported destination were sent to the Interstellar Trade Commission (ITC) Bureau of Investigation. Eclipse Law Enforcement reported the case to the Bureau, marking Hernandez as a wanted fugitive, thus extending the jurisdiction beyond the planet's boundaries.

Rolls

Hours to find the case file - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Hour of the day that they arrived at the precinct - (1d10+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Jan 4, 2024 12:57 am
OOC:
Can I do an investigation roll to speed up the case file finding?
Rolling just in case? If not ignore.

Rolls

Investigation - (1D20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Jan 4, 2024 1:00 am
OOC:
Nops. Sorry. Ignored. :)
Jan 4, 2024 1:36 am
Quote:
OOC:
OOC:
What did you do in the meantime?
The information from Officer Harkin will probably be out best lead, but in the meanwhile I will want to research any medical facility receiving, processing or capable of processing cloned organs or full clones. Also checking for any factories capable of, if not already, producing the equipment needed in Bio-Synth or regular synth production.
Supply lines can be a major tool in this sort of investigation.
I'll be working with Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer heavily to cross reference our fields of knowledge.

We will also need to make a game plan of order of investigation, and decide how important, how urgent, it may be to try and follow this fake doctor.
Jan 5, 2024 8:23 pm
OOC:
I don't know if you need more?
Jan 5, 2024 8:44 pm
OOC:
No that's good, don't worry!

I need a little bit more time to advance the other threads (there's a big picture happening here, so we can fit everything together nicely ;)) and I also do need to sit down and write your next steps. I will post ASAP.

Sorry, should have told you.

Jan 5, 2024 8:45 pm
OOC:
Ok, I just want to make sure if something different is needed.
Jan 6, 2024 12:06 am
Special Agent Slaine Rowan delved into the digital labyrinth of Eclipse's records, navigating the intricate web of medical facilities and factories. The relentless tapping of keys echoed through the precinct as they meticulously cross-referenced supply lines.

Hours passed, the agent's focus remained unyielding, driven by the determination to expose the truth hidden within. After meticulous cross-referencing, a pattern began to emerge. The cloned organs utilized by Hernandez's clinic originated from a facility named "NovaGen Biotech."

The very mention of NovaGen Biotech triggered a digital cascade, revealing interesting details about it. Situated on the outskirts of Eclipse, NovaGen Biotech operated discreetly within the planet. Specializing in bioengineering and cloning technologies, NovaGen Biotech supplied cloned organs not only to Hernandez's clinic but also to other medical facilities across Eclipse.

The revelations about NovaGen Biotech's involvement in cloned organ production raised additional questions for Special Agent Slaine Rowan. As they delved further into the layers of Eclipse's intricate medical landscape, a new discovery emerged—senior leaders of NovaGen Biotech were actively engaged in synth rights activism. Their engagement encompassed legal activism, public discourse, and participation in movements advocating for the rights of synthetic entities. But no evidence suggested anything illegal on the part of NovaGen Biotech's leadership. Their activism was within the bounds of the law, reflecting a commitment to social change through legal channels and political parties.

It was around that time, after finding Hernandez's case, that Officer Harkin came back. The ITC's Agent took a couple of minutes more, analyzing all the relevant information obtained so far, before Alex said:

Sr. Special Agent Alex Mercer
"I don't think the false doctor is the real culprit, if there are really any Bio-Synths, Slaine. We should check NovaGen Biotech's involvement first. But it is already late for a visit. Let's write our daily reports, rest and start early tomorrow." - said Alex, discreetly so no one else could hear then talk.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 6, 2024 1:25 am
Case Report: Preliminary: Bio-Synth Eclipse Investigation
Special Agent Slaine Rowan | Trade Era 1234, Day 152

Initial investigations have revealed probable connections of the known criminal Alfredo Hernandez [case files attached], to the Bio-Synth production. However it is believed that Alfredo Hernandez is only a small part of a larger conspiracy and probably threat from within NovaGen BioTech.
While NovaGen BioTech has previously only been seen to act within the law on the matters of synth, synth rights and cloning production, their connection with the criminal Alfredo Hernandez, and their clear desire for Synth rights may be revealing of a deeper insidious threat.
Next steps are agreed to be further investigation of NovaGen BioTech. Best approach seems to be investigation with the front of looking at Alfredo Hernandez, and concealing suspicion of NovaGen BioTech. Also, it will be necessary to collect the records and contact information for each and every individual that Alfredo Hernandez has operated on in case it becomes relevant. I am suspicious of these cloned organs from NovaGen BioTech, though I do not know the threat they may hold, with such quickly advancing technologies it is important to maximize reaction time in any way possible.
Recommended increasing threat level of Alfredo Hernandez, and questioning of crew of Celestial Voyager. Crew may be unaware they are transporting a criminal, so should be treated as witnesses unless new incriminating evidence arises.
PS: Local law enforcement fully cooperative and wanting of our assistance, however held back by organizational flaws of their system, seemingly due to lack of resources for such things. Possible good location for a work-program intern added to the rotation.
OOC:
Note: Slaine Rowan is not against synth rights, if evidence came forward that a Synth was a fully sapient beings. If they were able to coordinate and work for their own desire for rights, for example.
However that does not mean that someone couldn't use such movements for their own means, or production of near-humans that they can create for nefarious means.

Slaine is going to make sure any data on NovaGen BioTech that they can gather is collected on a datapad to go over while traveling to locations, especially the ways they are supporting Synth Rights Movement, and what they have officially said on the matter. If there is already a list of everyone Alfredo Hernandez had worked on, Slaine will gather that too, and ask the local office to gather the contact information for all those people, in case it becomes relevant (They expects this to take days, and will continue without the finished list and contact information). With Organs installed by someone with possible Bio-Synth connections Agent Slaine is worried that there may be a threat to the population. There certainly may be nothing, but it is better to have the list and not need it than not have it and need it.

For the evening, before resting,Slaine is going to find somewhere nearby where they can practice sword-play and spar, so much travel and deskwork is leaving them restless. [This sort of fitness expense is usually recouped by the ITC.]

Agent Slaine thinks that their first points of investigation are the clinic where Alfredo Hernandez "worked", and the NovaGen BioTech facility that supplied it. They will confer with Agent Alex as to which seems the higher priority. This will also depend on how well the medical clinic was, itself, investigation, and if there is any information that would lead Agent Slaine to believe it could be any part in Bio-Synth production. If there isn't enough information to tell that may also show a need to investigate, for at least that much information.
Jan 6, 2024 1:30 am
OOC:
PS, Story wise, I don't think the clinic will have much more info, but I think Agent Slaine can't rule that out yet. I am willing to handwave some of that investigation if you want (to not overburden you).

OOC:
And speaking of not wanting to overburden you <irony> a wishlist?
-An evidence collection kit: (swabs, gloves, crimescene tape, bags, tweezers, bags/jars, tags, blacklight wand etc)
-Flashlight
-Restraints/cuffs
-maybe some damage resistant case for some of this(more for flavor than blocking damage)
Last edited January 6, 2024 4:30 am
Jan 6, 2024 3:46 pm
OOC:
Nice! I have just written a new mechanic for investigations in the game rules thread. I think it will help us here. So tell me, what are the next questions that should be answered?

About the equipment, let's say you have it all, including the datapad. You brought it from New Jordan. :)

And you found a gym / club to practice sparring as well. =)
Jan 6, 2024 3:49 pm
Does Agent Slaine have enough information to rule out the possibility of the Clinic Alfredo Hernandez worked at being a part of the Bio-Synth production? <Y/N>
Last edited January 6, 2024 3:51 pm
Jan 6, 2024 3:56 pm
OOC:
You can post more than one question simultaneously. Clues from one roll can be used in other questions. =)

To streamline this specific question (and use it as a real example), I will roll for you and answer it in the next post.
1. Investigation DC12, 1 day spent after the roll, 2 Clues to solve

Rolls

Slaine Rowan: Investigation DC12 - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Jan 6, 2024 3:58 pm
Results: 8 clues, 2 spent, 6 remaining for the next question(s).

At the end of Day 153...

Does Agent Slaine have enough information to rule out the possibility of the Clinic Alfredo Hernandez worked at being a part of the Bio-Synth production?

No. The clinic does not provide the biological body, organs or mechanical parts, but could be part of the final "assembly" of the supposed Bio Synths.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 6, 2024 4:15 pm
All right
We will probably have to investigate the clinic now. Though They agree with Agent Alex, that Bio-Synth is the greater threat, we need to do thorough work, step-by-step. Also the presentation of investigating Alfredo Hernandez may be helpful.
Can the clinic assemble Bio-Synths? <Y/N>
Who else from the clinic has the skills needed to be a part of Bio-Synth production? <Open>
Who else from the clinic may be involved in this production (with special attention to anyone who hired or was a reference for Alfredo Hernandez)? <Open>
What threat could the organs Alfredo Hernandez replaced represent? <Open>
Last edited January 6, 2024 4:16 pm
Jan 6, 2024 4:31 pm
OOC:
Here are some questions / suggestions based on your (excellent) case report, before I changed the game rules:
Quote:
Best approach seems to be investigation with the front of looking at Alfredo Hernandez, and concealing suspicion of NovaGen BioTech.
1. Besides the surgeries to install NovaGen organs in his patients, are there further connections between Alfredo and the company? <Y/N>
Quote:
Also, it will be necessary to collect the records and contact information for each and every individual that Alfredo Hernandez has operated on in case it becomes relevant.
2. Who / how many individuals has Alfredo operated on? <Open ended >

3. What are their contact information? <Open ended >
Quote:
I am suspicious of these cloned organs from NovaGen BioTech, though I do not know the threat they may hold
4. Were there any issues or reported problems with NovaGen organs? <Y/N>
Feel free to ask them or just ignore, based on the new rules and your strategy and previous answers
Jan 6, 2024 4:34 pm
OOC:
Answering your questions, just a moment...
Jan 6, 2024 4:34 pm
OOC:
Yes, Slaine is looking for all that information.
Jan 6, 2024 4:47 pm
At the end of Day 153...

1 clue spent. Needs previous questions:
- Can Bio-Synths be assembled, at all, considering current technology and research levels in Eclipse? <Y/N> (5 clues needed for the answer)
- Is the assembly of Bio-Synths legal? <Y/N> (1 clue needed for the answer)
- Would the clinic be able to conceal it from the authorities? (3 clues)
- Would anyone in the clinic have a motivation to do so? (4 clues)

After the above:
- Can the clinic assemble Bio-Synths? <Y/N> (0 clues)
Who else from the clinic has the skills needed to be a part of Bio-Synth production?

3 clues spent. Assuming it is possible, a highly skilled team would be needed, including Doctors, Nurses and Researchers. It is not something that could be done by a single person.

Who else from the clinic may be involved in this production (with special attention to anyone who hired or was a reference for Alfredo Hernandez)?

2 clues spent. If it is possible and was done,
everyone else would be involved.

What threat could the organs Alfredo Hernandez replaced represent?

Needs 3 clues.
No clues left. Roll Investigation DC12 and spend another day.
Jan 6, 2024 4:50 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
OOC:
Yes, Slaine is looking for all that information.
Ok! Didn't expect that, so here are the costs:
1. Besides the surgeries to install NovaGen organs in his patients, are there further connections between Alfredo and the company? <Y/N> (Needs 2 clues)
2. Who / how many individuals has Alfredo operated on? (3 clues)
3. What are their contact information? (4 clues)
4. Were there any issues or reported problems with NovaGen organs? <Y/N>(2 clues)
Choose after you roll for the day. ;)
Jan 6, 2024 4:58 pm
Investigation

Rolls

Investigation DC12 - (1D20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Jan 6, 2024 5:04 pm
Ops. Your effect was 0. You haven't received any penalties or complications, but have not received any clues either. Spend another day, and roll Investigation DC12 again.
At the end of Day 154...
Slaine was still investigating the clinic, but they haven't found any new clues or insights.
Jan 6, 2024 5:06 pm
Order of operations for questions
What threat could the organs Alfredo Hernandez replaced represent? <Open> (Needs 2 clues)
Who / how many individuals has Alfredo operated on? (3 clues)
What are their contact information? (4 clues)
Were there any issues or reported problems with NovaGen organs? <Y/N>(2 clues)
Is the assembly of Bio-Synths legal? <Y/N> (1 clue needed for the answer)
Can Bio-Synths be assembled, at all, considering current technology and research levels in Eclipse? <Y/N> (5 clues needed for the answer)
Would the clinic be able to conceal it from the authorities? (3 clues)
Would anyone in the clinic have a motivation to do so? (4 clues)
Besides the surgeries to install NovaGen organs in his patients, are there further connections between Alfredo and the company? <Y/N> (Needs 2 clues)
If yes, what are they?
Last edited January 6, 2024 5:07 pm
Jan 6, 2024 5:09 pm
OOC:

Can I get any advantages for the assistance of Agent Alex or the local law enforcement?
Edit: ... Oh
Last edited January 6, 2024 5:09 pm

Rolls

Investigation DC12 - (1D20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Jan 6, 2024 5:48 pm
OOC:
Indeed... Didn't think about Alex, but it makes sense. From the next day onwards, Alex can solve some of your questions on his own (rolling separately and dealing with failures on his own) or follow you (giving you advantage and sharing failures and complications with you).

The cooperation from local enforcement I'm already considering in the DC and clue costs.

By the way, did you like this game mechanic? What are your thoughts so far?

At the end of Day 155…

What threat could the organs Alfredo Hernandez replaced represent?

None. It seems to be perfectly normal and healthy cloned organs. No relevant complaints from most patients.

Who / how many individuals has Alfredo operated on?

He spent around 18 months working in the clinic before fleeing. 118 patients.

What are their contact information?

You have it now, and talked with some of them for the answer above

Were there any issues or reported problems with NovaGen organs?

Less than 1% of rejections and failure rate, within expected parameters.

Is the assembly of Bio-Synths legal?

Not in Eclipse and most planetary laws. But if the synth reaches space and leaves planetary jurisdiction, there are no ITC regulations about it, one way or the other. Depending on the specific circumstances, they could be treated like Synths (property) or Humans (free sapients). It would be a legal nightmare, without any precedent.

Can Bio-Synths be assembled, at all, considering current technology and research levels in Eclipse? <Y/N>

5 clues needed, only 1 left.
OOC:
What are your next questions? Roll Investigation DC12 for more clues. I will answer on Monday.
Jan 6, 2024 5:48 pm
OOC:

I do like the mechanic, did have a question.
One thing I didn't see is how passing difficulty relates to clues?
How much is each amount above the DC relate to each clue?
How much below causes how much complication?
Last edited January 6, 2024 5:49 pm
Jan 6, 2024 5:49 pm
OOC:
1 above = 1 clue. Complications are case by case
Jan 6, 2024 5:50 pm
OOC:
It's a good mechanic, though I do think in the future hitting the DC should reveal a clue. (People tend to want hitting a DC to be a success).
Jan 6, 2024 6:05 pm
Can Bio-Synths be assembled, at all, considering current technology and research levels in Eclipse? <Y/N> (I'm going to assume yes and so ask:)
Was/are there Bio-Synths being assembled at the clinic? <Y/N>
Research direction will depend on this Y/N
Slain will probably be frequenting the gym most/every evening. The balance of physical and mental health is important, especially for ITC agents who can deal with high stakes events. And practicing combat skills and mindset can help one not panic when it becomes necessary.
OOC:
Have a good weekend!
Jan 6, 2024 8:43 pm
Case Report: Preliminary: Bio-Synth Eclipse Investigation
Special Agent Slaine Rowan | Trade Era 1234, Day 154

While the organs transplanted by Alfredo Hernandez are still both unethical and illegal, they have proven to be acting within normal and expected parameters. Therefore possibility of threat is being considered minimal. Though there may be a need for testing and scans of each individual in the future. [Full List Attached]
Worryingly I have not been able to rule out further conspiracy from the clinic. With current understanding the clinicis likely capable of producing Bio-Synths. It would require most of if not the full staff, which is worrying more than it is comforting. Further research will be conducted.

Advised Actions: the ITC may need to get specialist action, or likely a taskforce, to determine the requisite parameters to prove Synth sapience. If proven sapient Synths will need to be given rights. This is not only the ethical option, but will support the ethical optics of the ITB and allied agencies.
This is important for my next suggestion: heavy and brutal restrictions and oversight on the creation of Synths and Bio-Synths. Especially focusing on a person's or group's ability to progeam and control a Synth of either sort. The threat of such a situation is akin to a full army of sleeper agents, with above humanity intelligence and durability.
Also, from an individual ethical perspective, to control a sapient creature in such a way is akin to mind control and brainwashing and/or slavery.
Jan 6, 2024 11:39 pm
OOC:
I have some unexpected free time today, so I'm playing this game a little bit more. =)

Answers in my next post, you missed the Investigation DC12 test :)

Rolls

Days until the report arrives at New Jordan - (4d4+27)

(2223) + 27 = 36

Slaine Rowan: Investigation DC12 - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Jan 6, 2024 11:48 pm
OOC:
Makes sense. I’m changing the rules to give Effect +1 clues. I will give you two bonus questions, based on your feedback and (great) report.
At the end of Day 157…

Can cloned organs be legally used in Eclipse for prosthetics or medicinal purposes? (Y/N)
Bonus, 0 clues. Yes. Ask further questions if you want to.

How long until the ITC Bureau of Investigation in New Jordan receives your last report?
Bonus, 0 clues. 36 days. A fast courier ship goes at 3 light-years per week. Give or take a couple of days of conventional travel before entering hyperspace, plus natural delays, refueling and unexpected difficulties, it takes between 7-10 days to cover 3 light-years. Aldebaran is 13 light-years from New Jordan.

Can Bio-Synths be assembled, at all, considering current technology and research levels in Eclipse?

5 clues. Yes. This groundbreaking technology, while unprecedented, suggests that if NovaGen Biotech collaborates with a conventional Synth Factory and finds a discreet location to do so, they could potentially assemble one or two Bio-Synths per year. Special Agents Slaine and Alex are likely among the first in the ITC Bureau to uncover this clandestine capability.

Clues remaining: 1
OOC:
You don't have enough for the remaining two Y/N questions: 3 clues each.
Jan 7, 2024 12:33 am
OOC:
Hey, by the way, I am also a game designer, so I am full of appreciation for other game designers and also opinions about systems.
Do have two other notes about the game so far. Feel free to ignore.
[ +- ] stats
[ +- ] careers
Please know these notes come from a place of appreciation and are my opinion.
Jan 7, 2024 12:52 am
Upon finding out that Bio-Synths are really probably in production the Agents will work together to send a message warning if this to the ITC, including the possible technologies and means of doing so(which I don't know as the player). It will be sent at the highest security level they can access.

I think Slaine and Alex are going to try and finish this investigation on the clinic together... Possibly because arrests are about to need to be made.
OOC:

Was/are there Bio-Synths being assembled at the clinic? <Y/N>
If so.... Everyone is getting arrested, we will have local law enforcement on standby just in case.

Rolls

Investigation DC12 (advantage?) - (2D20H1+5)

(87) + 5 = 13

Jan 7, 2024 1:27 am
At the end of Day 158…

Can the clinic assemble Bio-Synths?

3 clues. Yes.

1 clue remaining.
OOC:
You don't have enough for the remaining Y/N question: 3 clues. Wanna try Day 159?
Jan 7, 2024 1:48 am
Quote:
OOC:
You don't have enough for the remaining Y/N question: 3 clues. Wanna try Day 159?
OOC:
Yeah.
Last edited January 7, 2024 1:48 am

Rolls

Investigation DC12 (advantage) - (2D20H1+5)

(619) + 5 = 24

Jan 7, 2024 2:01 am
Was/are there Bio-Synths being assembled at the clinic?

3 clues. No. At least, not at the moment, for sure, and if any were assembled in the past, they have hidden it very well.

You have 11 clues remaining.
OOC:
You never failed a single Investigation roll !!!
Jan 7, 2024 2:15 am
Quote:

OOC:
You never failed a single Investigation roll !!!
Well with a +5 and advantage part of the time... That helps.
Also I feel jinxed...I haven't .. yet ..
It is time to investigate Gen Tech..
Who was in charge of delivering to the clinic? <Open>
Who made decisions about what specific item was delivered? <Open>
List of facility staff, names and positions. <Open>
Capability and process of facility. Especially how one could use the facility to create Bio-synths. <Open>
Jan 7, 2024 4:47 pm
OOC:
I have answered the game design discussion in the OOC thread. ;)
At the end of Day 159…

Who was in charge of delivering to the clinic?

2 clues. The responsible party for delivering the cloned organs and other biological materials to the clinics in Eclipse was a third-party logistics and delivery megacorporation known as Stellar Express. They have billions of employees and businesses in every sector of known space.

Who made decisions about what specific item was delivered?

4 clues. Within NovaGen Biotech, the oversight of packaging before handing it to Stellar Express was conducted by Dr. Isabella Ramirez, the Head of Supply Chain Management.

List of facility staff, names and positions.

5 clues. Partial list, staff with closest ties to Ramirez
Dr. Isabella Ramirez, Head of Supply Chain Management.
Role: Former researcher, she is now an executive director in the company. Supports artificial intelligence rights.

Dr. Marcus Turner, Chief Bioengineer
Role: Responsible for overseeing the bioengineering processes, ensuring quality and ethical standards.

Ms. Elena Martinez, Logistics Coordinator
Role: Collaborates with Dr. Ramirez in managing the logistics of shipments, including coordination with Stellar Express.

Mr. Javier Rodriguez, Operations Manager, Cloning Division
Role: Manages the day-to-day operations of the cloning division, ensuring efficiency and compliance with protocols.

Dr. Olivia Chen, Research Scientist
Role: Engaged in ongoing research related to bioengineering advancements and potential applications.

Mr. Carlos Ortega, Facilities Manager
Role: Oversees the maintenance and operations of NovaGen Biotech's physical facilities in Eclipse

Capability and process of facility. Especially how one could use the facility to create Bio-synths.

3 clues.
0 left
Jan 8, 2024 12:01 am
OOC:

Is NovagenBio Tech able to create Bio-Synths? <Open>
Is NovaGen Bio Tech creating Bio-Synths? <open>
(If so a lot of arrests are about to be made, if so everyone who can be arrested is.)
Who was involved in the Creation of the Bio-Synths? <Open>
What is the motivation for the creation of Bio-Synths? <open>
Last edited January 8, 2024 3:33 am

Rolls

(1111) + 5 = 16

Jan 8, 2024 4:56 am
OOC:
More investigation

Rolls

(1617) + 5 = 22

Jan 9, 2024 12:23 am
At the end of Day 160…

Is NovagenBio Tech able to create Bio-Synths?

3 clues Not alone. They can only be part of the supply chain. And the legal (at least in Eclipse) part. Just the installation of the synth brain in a full human body (final part) is illegal here. See Alex report below.
ITC Bureau of Investigation - Case Report

Subject: NovaGen Biotech - Bio-Synth Manufacturing Capability

Author: Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer

Executive Summary: NovaGen Biotech, an Eclipse-based biotechnology facility, has developed a groundbreaking capability to vat-grow complete human bodies, excluding the central nervous system (CNS). This report aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the process involved and the possibility of collaborative efforts with conventional synth factories to integrate synth brains into these bodies.

Contents: NovaGen employs advanced bioengineering techniques to cultivate tissues, organs, and skeletal structures, even able to create a complete human body without the CNS. The bodies are grown in controlled environments, allowing for customization based on client specifications. Importantly, NovaGen intentionally omits the central nervous system during manufacturing, sidestepping complex neural integration and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. It's noteworthy that vat-growing the CNS is illegal in Eclipse and various planetary bodies, but not the remaining organs. It's usually easier to grow individual organs, and that's how other companies do, but NovaGen has developed a proprietary approach that allows them to easily grow a full body, even using growth accelerants, and extract the organs in surgeries later.

In the case of Bio-Synths, collaboration with conventional synth factories becomes instrumental. Synth brains, tailor-made for compatibility with Bio-Synth bodies, can be crafted in regular synth factories with minimal modifications. These synth brains replicate cognitive functions, enabling autonomous operations without relying on a natural central nervous system.

The final stage, the installation of the synthetic brain into the cloned body, necessitates specialized medical facilities capable of transplants and major surgery, not found in NovaGen facilities.

Conclusion: NovaGen Biotech's groundbreaking manufacturing capability challenges the established norms of cloned organs and possibly synth design, offering a glimpse into a future where synthetic entities closely resemble humans. The ethical, legal, societal and security implications demand careful scrutiny, as these entities can blur the lines between synthetic and natural life.
Is NovagenBio Tech creating Bio-Synths?

2 clues No.

Trade Era 1234, Day 160

A nearby gym, Eclipse, Aldebaran system

In a gym situated near the hotel where Special Agent Slaine Rowan had set up temporary residence in Eclipse, they engaged in a rigorous boxing training session. Special Agent Slaine Rowan swung punches at an holographic boxing trainer. The rhythmic thuds of gloves striking the punching bag reverberated through the air, creating a steady cadence in the otherwise quiet space.

As each jab and hook found its target in the virtual opponent, Slaine's mind wrestled with the intricacies of the investigation. The expectation of discovering a clandestine assembly line for Bio-Synths had given way to a more perplexing reality. NovaGen, it seemed, wasn't creating Bio-Synths as Slaine had assumed.

Between strikes, images of cloned bodies danced in Slaine's mind. Bodies in the NovaGen assembly lines, eerily lifelike in their vat-grown perfection. The frustration intensified; this wasn't the straightforward path Slaine had envisioned. The investigation had taken an unexpected turn, and NovaGen's endeavors seemed to involve something beyond the anticipated Bio-Synth production.

As beads of sweat formed on Slaine's forehead, a memory surged—a fleeting glimpse of a cloned body identical to Alfredo Hernandez she saw in NovaGen assembly lines!

Stopping mid-punch, Slaine let out an audible exhale. The holographic opponent vanished, leaving the agent alone in the quiet training room. Slaine's thoughts swirled, contemplating the significance of that. The frustration lingered, but a determination to unravel the truth fueled their next steps.
OOC:
At the end of Day 161, you will have 11 clues. But considering the above, what are your next questions?
Jan 9, 2024 1:40 am
Slaine started towards the door, sending Alex a message.
"We Need To Talk. Now."
They started to head out to where they expected Alex to be. There were more ramifications to this than Slaine alone could tackle.
'Is the Alfredo Hernandez that fled the real one?'
'Is Alfredo Hernandez even a real person?'
'Is that Alfredo Hernandez a Bio-Synth?'
'What is stopping them from replacing government officials...'

That last one was the most worrying.
They would have to double check Alex, just in case, and then prove that neither of them were bio-synths. The possibility of a speed-grown Bio-Synth had not been ruled out fully. 'Metal detector? An X-ray? Or just checking for scars?'
And then if they were both able to trust eachother, they would need to plan a way to quickly test for a Bio-Synth, and send a message to ITC.
They may need to go after Alfredo Hernandez.
OOC:

Could a Bio-Synth pass for human?<Y/N>
Is Alex a Bio-Synth?<Y/N> (I don't think so but I'm not getting caught unaware.)
How quick might be the fastest a Bio-Synth be able to be grown?<open>
How can we test/scan for a Bio-Synth? <Open>
Is "Alfredo Hernandez" a Bio-Synth? <Open>
What is the largest threat of "Alfredo Hernandez" And "Alfredo Hernandez" clones? <Open>
Last edited January 9, 2024 1:47 am
Jan 10, 2024 1:00 am
At the end of Day 161…

Is Alex a Bio-Synth?

3 clues No. Alex (and Slaine, for reciprocity) submitted to a full medical brain scan, proving they have biological brains.

Could a Bio-Synth pass for human?

0 clues Yes. If not for an advanced computer as their brains, they have "normal humans bodies with cloned organs" after all.

How quick might be the fastest a Bio-Synth be able to be grown?

5 clues NovaGen is able to grow a full human body in 1 year for a child, 2 years for an young adult. The surgery to install the brain after that takes a couple of hours. After 1-2 days recovering, the Bio-Synth should be able to leave the hospital/clinic.

How can we test/scan for a Bio-Synth

3 clues. Submitting for a full brain scan in a hospital is guaranteed. An easier and more convenient solution (but with the risk of a false negative) is, by using a portable medical scanner, a trained person could check if there are implants or alterations to the subject's central nervous system, indicating a Bio-Synth.
OOC:
Medicine DC12, this roll is done by the GM in secret. A negative result (not Synth) can be real or false, if you failed that roll. A true result (Bio-Synth) is always correct.

Is "Alfredo Hernandez" a Bio-Synth.

0 clues. Unknown. Slaine would have to scan him.

What is the largest threat of "Alfredo Hernandez" And "Alfredo Hernandez" clones?

Sorry, didn't understand the question. Can you rephrase or detail it somehow?
0 clues left.
Jan 10, 2024 1:38 am
OOC:

Is the cloning of Alfredo Hernandez Legal?(y/n)
Is NovaGen part of creating Bio-Synths?(Y/N)
Can NovaGen create duplicates of anyone they have appropriate genetic samples of? (Open)
OOC:
Edit: What effect would a stun baton have on a Synth/BioSynth?(open)
Last edited January 10, 2024 6:18 am

Rolls

(1117) + 5 = 22

Jan 10, 2024 11:55 pm
At the end of Day 162...

Is the cloning of Alfredo Hernandez Legal?

1 clue. Yes. As long as they don't clone the Central Nervous System (CNS - the brain and spinal cord), in Eclipse, having a cloned body is legal. Cloned organs are used mainly for healing from certain diseases, amputated limbs, etc.
Is NovaGen part of creating Bio-Synths?

0 clues. Unknown. Slaine found no proofs, so far, that there even exists a Bio-Synth at all. It is just a possibility.
Can NovaGen create duplicates of anyone they have appropriate genetic samples of?

1 clue. Yes. Legally, just with the person authorization. It takes at least 2 years with growth accelerants and a lot of credits, but anyone in Eclipse with the money to spare can legally acquire one or more "cloned bodies" for himself. Please note that it has no CNS, so it is not alive by itself and it is not a "person". The cloned body has to stay in NovaGen facilities or cryo-pods until it is "used" in surgeries, otherwise it dies.
What effect would a stun baton have on a Synth/BioSynth?

3 clues. It would stun the Bio-Synth organic body, as usual, and have no effect on the Synth inorganic body.
6 clues left.
OOC:
Continues, see next post...
Jan 11, 2024 12:12 am
Trade Era 1234, Day 163

Ten days had passed since Special Agent Slaine Rowan descended upon Eclipse, each day marked by elusive shadows and unanswered questions. Despite tireless efforts, the investigation into NovaGen's activities yielded no concrete leads or discernible crimes. The enigmatic threads continued to elude Slaine's grasp, leaving a lingering sense of frustration.

It was not really a surprise that Slaine found herself with Alex standing in the Eclipse's precinct captain's office, a room with dim lighting and a heavy atmosphere. Captain Hale, a figure of authority, met Slaine's gaze with a mix of understanding and resolve.

"Slaine," Captain Hale began, "I appreciate your dedication to this case, but circumstances have shifted. Officer Harkin won't be able to assist you any longer. She has other pressing duties demanding her attention."

The news, though not entirely unexpected, cast a somber shadow over the investigation.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 11, 2024 4:57 am
Slaine would probably request Captain Hale submit to an exam, explaining they have not ruled out Bio-Synth replacements, and provide proof of their identity.

"I apologize for the paranoid runaround, but when dealing with such new tech... New threats... It is advantageous to be extra cautious. "

Slaine nodded, and sighed, "SHe has been a lot of the reason we have made such good progress." They then stood and reached out a hand to Sr. Special Agent Alex Harkin. "If you would let me finish my report I would appreciate if you took it back with you. "

Case Report: Bio-Synth Eclipse Investigation
Special Agent Slaine Rowan | Trade Era 1234, Day 163

Though the threat of Bio-Synths has not been substantiated, and all processes of GenTech appears lega(refer to previous reports), if unique, a new threat has been uncovered.
If a company or group is able to create bio-synths it is technically possible to replace any individual the group has sufficient genetic samples to create a clone from. This includes any high ranking government or ITC individual.

Currently the only a full brain scan in a full medical facility
is the guaranteed way to prove one is not a Bio-Synth.
Other precautions may be taken when unavailable, but do not guarantee am accurate answer. IE may result.in a false negative. A trained individual may use a portable medical scanner, or check if there are implants or alterations to the subject's central nervous system (espexially focusing on the base of the skull and spine).
I want to reiterate that these concerns are theoretical, but I have not proven they are not already in effect.
OOC:
Is GenTech connected to or in cooperation with any companies making or able to make Synths? <Y/N>
Is the clinic connected to or in cooperation with any companies making or able to make Synths? <Y/N>
Why was Alfredo working at the clinic? <Open>
What proof did the ITC have of Bio-Synths? <Open>

Last edited January 11, 2024 5:42 pm
Jan 11, 2024 11:03 am
OOC:
I'm actually increasing the DC by one step (17). Alex is still with you. Officer Harkin is the local police officer that greeted you and was helping in the investigation. She is not from the ITC Bureau, it's been 10 days and Slaine haven't found any proof so far, so...
Trade Era 1234, Day 163

Quote:
"I apologize for the paranoid runaround, but when dealing with such new tech... New threats... It is advantageous to be extra cautious. " - said Slaine.
Captain Hale's gaze, steady and composed, met Slaine's earnest expression. Leaning back in her chair, the captain responded with a measured tone, "Agent Rowan, I understand the nature of your work, but I have rights as a citizen. Privacy and personal rights are not to be taken lightly. I won't consent to a medical examination without a warrant, nor anybody else in Eclipse. "

She continued, "In my position, I deal with classified information and sensitive matters. Requiring me to undergo a medical examination without concrete evidence or legal grounds is an infringement on those rights. It sets a precedent that goes way beyond the scope of this investigation."

Captain Hale's words resonated with a quiet conviction, emphasizing the delicate balance between security and individual liberties. "I respect the importance of your role, Agent Rowan, but I won't compromise on the principles that safeguard the rights of every citizen on this moon, even in the pursuit of justice."
OOC:
What do you do? If you wanna continue in the next day, roll Investigation DC17, with Advantage from Alex. Or let he do his thing (without you) and he will share his findings at the end of the day.
Jan 11, 2024 4:20 pm
"Of course, you and I both know that I have no way to require you to submit to a medical exam.
Unless I go over your head, which I will not insult you by doing. It was a request and not a demand. In the stead of that request though I will request to see your badge instead."
(I assume this isn't a unusual request, except that it's coming from someone I already know. )
OOC:
I will, of course let Alex do his work, as orders are orders. I would like to check to see if there is record of Captain Hale being transported to this planet.

Quote:
OOC:
Is GenTech connected to or in cooperation with any companies making or able to make Synths? <Y/N>
Is the clinic connected to or in cooperation with any companies making or able to make Synths? <Y/N>
Why was Alfredo working at the clinic? <Open>
What proof did the ITC have of Bio-Synths? <Open>
Quote:
6 clues left.
OOC:
Does that cover any of those questions?
Last edited January 11, 2024 5:39 pm

Rolls

Investigation DC17 - (1D20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Jan 11, 2024 5:27 pm
OOC:
Oh! It didn't come from your Supervisor, Serena Hale (the ITC Bureau of Investigation supervisor from New Jordan). She is months away, you are on your own.

It's another Hale (this one a Captain from the Eclipse local police)! Her name is Andrea Hale! She is Harkin's boss, not yours.

I need to increase my list of random names... Lol.

I will continue with your clues after your answer, later, just wanted to check if you wanted to change/reprioritize the 6 remaining clues but guess not, we will follow that list. =D
Jan 11, 2024 5:30 pm
OOC:
I'll assume there's at least proper paperwork, because I don't think the local police can change our mission? They don't have jurisdiction over us?
Jan 11, 2024 5:31 pm
OOC:
Quote:
I'll assume there's at least proper paperwork, because I don't think the local police can change our mission? They don't have jurisdiction over us?
They are not changing yours. She is changing Harkin's ;) The DC increase is because you "lost" Harkin's and local police support and she was working with you.

You and Alex are free to continue. (for now ;))
Jan 11, 2024 5:35 pm
OOC:
Right right.
Sorry the name threw me
Ok, well of course the Captain can make what orders are in their purview.
Jan 11, 2024 5:37 pm
OOC:
Ok! Wanna edit/repost that answer from Slaine? I will see it tonight.
Jan 11, 2024 5:46 pm
Slaine nodded, and sighed, "Harkin has been a great asset, thank you for loaning her to our investigation as long as you could They then stood and reached out a hand to shake Harkin's hand. "Thank you for your assistance."
OOC:
Same report, I wouldn't ask for a scan from a local.
Same investigation and questions.
Jan 11, 2024 11:58 pm
At the end of Day 163...
Is GenTech connected to or in cooperation with any companies making or able to make Synths?

3 clues. No. You can't find any connection so far.
Is the clinic connected to or in cooperation with any companies making or able to make Synths?
Why was Alfredo working at the clinic?

5 clues for both, see next post.
What proof did the ITC have of Bio-Synths?

0 clues. None. See your initial case here. The possibility is disturbing enough to send you to investigate.

This case was initiated following reports from an undercover operative within the Free Synthetic Automatons' Eclipse chapter, a local Synth Rights Political Party. Of particular concern is the acquisition by extremists in the group of cloning technology. They are now able to make full human bodies but with synth electronic components installed on the brain, potentially aligned with efforts to advance synth rights activism or something worse.
4 clues left.
OOC:
Continues...
Jan 12, 2024 12:13 am
Under the cover of Eclipse's nocturnal shroud, Special Agent Slaine Rowan stealthily approached the clinic were Hernandez worked. The dim glow of streetlights cast elongated shadows on the quiet street as they surveyed the surroundings. The clinic's facade remained innocuous, a mask concealing potential secrets.

Meanwhile, in the digital realm, Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer delved into the electronic archives, unearthing a trail of synth brain deliveries destined for Alfredo Hernandez months prior. The revelation sent a ripple of realization through the investigation. Hernandez, a figure intertwined with NovaGen's possible clandestine operations, had not only facilitated surgeries but had a direct connection to synth brain acquisitions.

The connections between Hernandez and the clinic became even more apparent as Alex sifted through data. Hernandez had performed surgeries for NovaGen's clients without an adequate medical license, in the very clinic and in the same dates where he received deliveries of synth central processing cores, more commonly known as synth brains.

As Slaine carefully approached the clinic entrance, the air was thick with a sense of anticipation. They navigated the shadows, their movements deliberate and cautious. But an electronic lock, that was not there before, is now preventing the entrance through the clinic backdoor.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 12, 2024 1:21 am
OOC:
About how difficult would hacking into the lock be?
Going to make a notice check for other ways in.
-
*They. I think our miscommunication with names before may have also mixed up some pronouns.
Last edited January 12, 2024 1:23 am

Rolls

Notice - (1D20+7)

(6) + 7 = 13

Jan 12, 2024 4:21 am
OOC:
The crew may be "smuggling" some synth cores?? How fascinating.
Jan 12, 2024 10:01 am
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
Everything is connected ;)
PhoenixScientist says:
About how difficult would hacking into the lock be?
Let's make it a Risky (DC15) Computers (if they try to hack) or Eletronics (messing with sensors and wiring) check. It's illegal to do so, of course.
Quote:
*They. I think our miscommunication with names before may have also mixed up some pronouns.
Fixed. Sorry about that, it was late and there is no "they" (as a gender neutral pronoum) in my native language, so I keep, unconsciously, reverting to a random he/she in my mind for Slaine, but I usually fix that before posting. I wrote "he" more than once before, this time it was "she", probably because of the confusion with the Hales. I will double check next time.
Jan 12, 2024 10:06 am
Slaine looks around the clinic but finds only the visible, open and public front door besides the discreet but locked back door as a means of entry.
Jan 12, 2024 2:30 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
OOC:
OOC:
And don't forget someone tried to kill us, too. We'll see how much choice there is in this synth core thing. Hank really isn't interested in finding out the type of mine attached to this ...
Jan 12, 2024 3:00 pm
Quote:
OOC:
And don't forget someone tried to kill us, too. We'll see how much choice there is in this synth core thing. Hank really isn't interested in finding out the type of mine attached to this ...
OOC:
@daryen ,I guess it depends on how much incentive there is and what you think your opportunity to get offworld is.... Or if it may be more advantageous to sell the information. ...of course that may tangle you up with questions.

Quote:
OOC:

Fixed. Sorry about that, it was late and there is no "they" (as a gender neutral pronoum) in my native language, so I keep, unconsciously, reverting to a random he/she in my mind for Slaine, but I usually fix that before posting. I wrote "he" more than once before, this time it was "she", probably because of the confusion with the Hales. I will double check next time.
OOC:
That's ok, there are native speakers that are getting used to using it regularly like so. That's one reason I use it: to help people get used to it.
They/Them are not my pronnouns, but are the pronnouns of some of my favorite people so I like to help people practice in a softer environment..

Quote:
OOC:
Let's make it a Risky (DC15) Computers (if they try to hack) or Eletronics (messing with sensors and wiring) check. It's illegal to do so, of course.
Slaine looks around the clinic but finds only the visible, open and public front door besides the discreet but locked back door as a means of entry.
OOC:
All of these are risky, the Computers may not be worth it as it is risky and illegal. But I don't know if the front area is watched, it probably is, considering it's public.
OOC:
Do I have to worry about cameras, in general?
Can I check to see if I can tell if the front door is watched?
Rolling some just in case you need it.
Last edited January 12, 2024 3:14 pm

Rolls

Notice - (1D20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Jan 13, 2024 2:23 pm
Special Agent Slaine Rowan approached the clinic's front door, the subtle creaking of the hinges inside breaking the silence of the night. The façade appeared ordinary, the door was closed and security cameras checked the street and the main entrance. Because of the creaking, they got a IBI surveilance equipment and hearing aids, so they could hear some activity inside. It was hard to know exactly what was happening, but someone was surely there.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 13, 2024 4:24 pm
OOC:
Everything seems super risky. I don't see a way in. Getting into a place with cameras is nigh-impossible; probably around a dc20 check, especially if I'm worried about being recorded in general.
The back door is also super risky. I assume if I fail there's an alarm which would bust the whole op. And Slaine's computer skills would make that more likely to fail.
Jan 13, 2024 6:00 pm
OOC:
Live to fight another day, then? Also known as expedited retreat? =)

Wanna do surveillance instead?
Jan 13, 2024 6:20 pm
OOC:
I'll do recon, trying to get in and failing seems like a mission-wnding failure. Going to try and note all windows, doors, cameras, and general recon stuff and touch base with Alex for surveillance.
Jan 14, 2024 12:46 am
After checking that there are 6 windows, a possible mechanical lock in the front entrance - that also has 2 surveillance cameras - a back door with an electronic lock, and no other ways in or out of the clinic, Slaine contacts Alex Mercer, who was back in the hotel, using his notebook to look into NovaGen's activities:

"Hello. Alex here."
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 14, 2024 1:03 am
"We've got only 2 entrances, and the back has an electronic lock that I don't think I can get through. The front I might be able to get into but they both have a camera on them."
Also 6 windows, which I wouldn't be surprised if they were alarmed.
I can check if we have a way in with one of the windows, but I'll have to be careful.
Or we can keep surveillance for the night, and work something out later.
It depends on what our window for this op is."

As Slaine speaks into their com, hushed despite having moved away from the clinic, they are keeping eyes moving, scanning the clinic and surrounding area.

htech

Jan 14, 2024 3:10 pm
"I think we should play it safe. Keep surveillance and I will catch up with you in a couple of hours."
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 14, 2024 4:23 pm
Quote:
OOC:

What do you do?
OOC:
Get comfortable, hidden, and watch.
Jan 14, 2024 4:28 pm
Ensconced in the shadows outside the clinic, Special Agent Slaine Rowan maintained a vigilant watch, concealed from prying eyes. The night held its secrets close, and Slaine, hidden in the cloak of darkness, observed patiently.
Alfredo Hernandez
After a couple of hours, before Alex could arrive, the stillness was shattered by the creaking of the backdoor. Alfredo Hernandez emerged, carrying a bundle of items, and a datapad clutched tightly in his grasp. Slaine's eyes narrowed as they focused on the clandestine figure making a hurried exit.
Jan 14, 2024 4:33 pm
OOC:
Assuming I can safely message Agent Alex.
Slaine sends Alex a message:
'Caught Alfredo Hernandez leaving the premisis, going to trail.'
Jan 14, 2024 4:37 pm
Silently tailing Hernandez through the labyrinthine alleys, Slaine maintained a discreet distance. The air thickened with suspense as the pursuit unfolded under the cover of darkness. Hernandez, seemingly aware of the presence trailing him, quickened his pace.

In a narrow alley, the tension reached its climax. Alfredo Hernandez, confronted by the shadow trailing him, met Slaine's gaze. The datapad in his hands became a device of uncertain significance. With a sudden, chilling realization, Slaine recognized the impending threat.
OOC:
Continues...

Rolls

Slaine Rowan: Stealth DC17 - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jan 14, 2024 4:39 pm
Quote:
Alfredo Hernandez, confronted by the shadow trailing him, met Slaine's gaze. The datapad in his hands became a device of uncertain significance. With a sudden, chilling realization, Slaine recognized the impending threat.
In a swift and calculated move, Hernandez activated a mechanism on the datapad, triggering a fiery explosion that consumed him in a blaze of destructive brilliance. The explosion echoed through the alley, leaving behind a chaotic aftermath.

As the flames danced in the night, Slaine witnessed the aftermath of Hernandez's drastic choice. The once-elusive figure had chosen obliteration over capture, leaving a void where answers were meant to reside.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 14, 2024 5:13 pm
Slaine, a little stunned, and watching some ash drift to the ground, gives Agent Alex a call.
"Hernandez just incinerated himself. Too readily. I'm going to search the area for remnants and residue."
Getting to the alley and throwing up an official barrier Slaine started collecting samples, getting pictures, and looking for remains.
OOC:
What would we have, ITC tape? A hologram?
Last edited January 14, 2024 6:08 pm
Jan 15, 2024 7:38 pm
Slaine reached the alley where the explosion had occurred. Acting with precision, she threw up an official barrier, creating a makeshift crime scene. The eerie silence of the alley contrasted with the urgency of her investigation. Equipped with gloves and tools, Slaine meticulously collected samples from the scorched remnants.

A half-hour later, Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer and Officer Harkin arrived at the scene, accompanied by a local detective.

"Slaine, this is Detective Reynolds. Reynolds, meet Special Agent Slaine Rowan from the ITC Bureau of investigation." Harkin introduced, her tone carrying a mix of formality and urgency. Slaine briefed Alex and Harkin on the events that transpired in the alley.

"Detective, we need to check the nearby surveillance cameras for any footage leading up to Hernandez's... incident." - said Alex

Detective Reynolds nodded in acknowledgment, his demeanor a blend of professionalism and curiosity. "I'll get right on it. We're also expecting the forensics team to arrive shortly," he responded before turning his attention to the task at hand.

Officer Harkin, her expression a mix of concern and caution, leaned in closer to Slaine and Alex, her voice hushed in the dimly lit alley.

"I'm afraid if the cameras and remnants truly lead back to Alfredo, they might close the case. The higher-ups might see it as a case of someone taking the easy way out rather than facing the consequences," she admitted, her gaze flickering between the agents.

Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer interjected. "We have proof that Alfredo Hernandez left Eclipse on the Celestial Voyager. I cross-referenced the records and camera footage. It's documented – he was on board."
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 16, 2024 1:57 am
"They cloned him." Slaine stares at Alex a little too intensely, "One of the Alfredos is a clone, probably this one, if not both.
This is a reason to invest in this case, we have confirmation of clones, at minimum."

htech

Jan 16, 2024 8:59 am
"A full clone is illegal anywhere in the ITC. A Bio-Synth is more complicated. But either way, we need to capture Hernandez to prove it.

The Celestial traveled Coreward. According to their flight plan, they left for Satton V. We can try to get a commercial ship going there. Or we can get back to New Jordan and request a fast interstellar shuttle from the Bureau and chase Hernandez in our own terms. What do you think Slaine?"
Jan 16, 2024 4:18 pm
"You're right, but if they use any part of the Central Nervous System we'd have a much easier case. I think we have one either way... The treats of Bio-Synths could be incredible....
Slaine looked into the middle distance, thinking, then at their datapad containing a copy of the investigation's details.
It really depends, the choice is a gamble either way. How much faster of a shuttle do you think we would be granted? And would a pilot be available? I'm not a trained interstellar pilot."
OOC:
faster in real time, not travel time.
Last edited January 16, 2024 4:18 pm

htech

Jan 16, 2024 7:00 pm
Usually we can get a jump-3 shuttle from the Bureau to ensure we are faster in hyperspace. Although I'm not a combat pilot, I can fly it on routine situations.

But if you mean to pursue a large free trader in real space, though... Those Bureau shuttles only have 1G of acceleration. Do you think they would flee if we request to come aboard?
Jan 16, 2024 9:38 pm
Slaine thinks, "...Nooo, not if we explain they, the ship crew, is not in trouble. We're looking for a fugitive and information... "

htech

Jan 16, 2024 10:35 pm
Ok, let's see the preliminary results of the forensics tomorrow and I will try to reserve us a passenger seat back to New Jordan, in the meantime.
OOC:
I am assuming Slaine is ok to leave Eclipse and chase the Celestial Voyager with Alex in a jump-3 shuttle. Is that how we are going about this?
Jan 16, 2024 10:49 pm
OOC:
Yeah, Slaine will prep to go, I'll write up a final on-planet report... On break
Jan 17, 2024 5:15 am
Case Report: Bio-Synth Eclipse Investigation
Special Agent Slaine Rowan | Trade Era 1234, Day 163:Followup

Having performed a stakeout with Sr. Special Agent Alex Mercer on the Clinic I spotted what appeared to be Alfredo Hernandez leaving the premises. He was carrying a datapad, what appeared to be a small box with the clinic logo and a couple more small, unidentified items.
Trailing him to the alley between XX and XX on Raleigh thoroughfare [See Attached Coordinate Map For Reference], I was spotted. The suspect then his a button on his datapad, and incinerated himself and all his belongings.
After confirming both the identity of the deceased Alfredo Hernandez, and the Alfredo Hernandez who left on the Celestial Voyager to be the same individual I believe that this confirms ITC suspicions of Bio-Synths. though clones is a possibility, but less likely as it would appear to be a higher legal risk for less potential reward.
I plan to depart to apprehend the escaped Alfredo Hernandez as soon as Sr. Special Agent Alex Mercer can secure passage.
Sr. Special Agent Alex Mercer may stay to finalize investigation and research on Eclipse.
Jan 17, 2024 1:28 pm
The forensic findings, unveiled in the cold light of certainty, painted a vivid picture of Alfredo Hernandez's demise. The high-grade explosive device, cunningly implanted within his head, left behind a trail of charred biological materials and metallic remnants – a testament to the drastic measures taken to prevent capture. The camera footage, a digital witness to the macabre scene, confirmed the identity of the enigmatic figure who chose fiery oblivion over facing the consequences.

With the forensics team's confirmation, the reality of Hernandez's explosive end became undeniable, raising more questions than answers.

In the wake of this revelation, Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer, ever resourceful, secured passage offworld on a ship due to arrive in the next week. The anticipation lingered, an undercurrent of urgency as they awaited their departure. The fleeting days passed with an air of restlessness,

Trade Era 1234, Day 305

ITC Bureau of Investigation, New Jordan

More than three months later, the journey through the interstellar expanse finally brought Senior Special Agent Alex Mercer and Special Agent Slaine Rowan back to the bustling metropolis of New Jordan.

Alex, leveraging his skills in information retrieval, had acquired the last known position of the Celestial Voyager. The revelation that "Alfredo Hernandez" (or someone/something passing for him) had recently been in New Jordan under the alias Ryan Carter added a layer of complexity to the investigation. In the meantime, Slaine uncovered details about the other occupants of the Celestial Voyager.
OOC:
You are free to consider that Slaine now knows about most of the other PC's character generation threads and the information posted about the Celestial Voyager crew here
Armed with new information about the Celestial Voyager and its crew, the agents set forth in pursuit of the elusive free trader ship.

End of character generation.

To be contined...
OOC:
Onwards! See you in chapter 3! =)
Jan 17, 2024 3:21 pm
OOC:
All right, time to meet up with everyone.
Got to hustle, since it was kinda a chargen event, any skills? Or if not chargen, some exp?
Also what will my funds look like?
Last edited January 17, 2024 3:34 pm
Jan 17, 2024 6:30 pm
Time to join the crew. No skills this time. Your initial credits are 2,100.

Rolls

Slaine Rowan: Medicine (funds) - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Jan 17, 2024 6:45 pm
Looking at upgrading armor and maybe a vibroblade and a datapad.
Will wait for updates chart and prices.
Jan 18, 2024 11:37 pm
You can have the blade and datapad for free (as part of the starting gear) but the armor you will need to buy in character / in game. =)

Thread locked